Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Øyvind Thorsby writes webcomics. Also draws them.

His comics are marked by logical action puzzles that just keep escalating, excelent writing with regular typos, evolutionary biology and a drawing style that will bleed out your eyes while growing on you, and general insanity of a batshit quality, which might qualify his works for outsider art, but don't take my word for it. He updates on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

Transdimensional Brain Ship
This one is about a guy who gets an experimental chip on his brain that lets him talk to versions of him from parallel dimensions. It has just started as of this writing, but seems more grounded on situational comedy rather than fantastic situations. We'll see how it goes.

Hitmen for Destiny is complete, so don't worry about getting invested and hitting a narrative wall. It is a modern fantasy comedy series about a pair of Hitmen (for Destiny), the destiny they are trying to protect and the biology of monsters. If the art repels you make sure you persist until Dr. Lostclock appears.

Lies, Sisters and Wives is a short story about the value of lying that would have made the Bard Himself proud. Also complete.

The Accidental Space Spy tells the story of a regular present day Earth guy who is mistaken for a space spy and goes on to meet weird aliens, with well-thought evolutionary reasoning on how their society evolved from their biology. It is finished as well!

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Apr 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Interesting about the names, I guess Rosendal shouldn't have been surprised her marriage with Fusk didn't work out. I felt kind of touched at how gleeful he looked when he dropped her to her death, followed by his sad expression after realizing what he'd done. And then Kubrick went into murder-mode and Fusk had more immediate concerns. I really have to agree on how good Thorsby is with facial expressions.

Also, a new biology lesson in the Accidental Space Spy.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Today's Accidental Space Spy is eerily topical.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

My bet is that it is a world of very insular communities and anti-social individuals, so they try to keep each other away with intimidating names.

Or goth world, that works too.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I guess they're exceedingly paranoid people given that they have eyes on their asses.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Well, it does look like not everyone in this planet is a coward.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I'm sure there is a logical reason for it. Maybe an ability to mutate under duress or something like that. Not-Plume probably just has tummy-ache from stress and alien food, since Dunkirk seems to be fine.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Well, he just gave you more monsters to draw in today's biology lesson!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Well, it seems like the secret of not-Plume is getting out of the bag for everyone in this arc. Specially if the real Plume gets in touch with command.

I bet we'll learn something important from this Wizard's duel.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

These guys take their LARPs seriously.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Ben's tummy ache is most certainly stress at this point, or a reaction to alien food. Time for them to declare themselves mighty wizards.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

People sure like torture in this universe.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yeah, I sure the hell was glad Hitmen for Destiny was finished by the time I found it. Now I just have to nail-bite myself over Accidental Space Spy.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I would like to pose the theory that the true reason that Twolesy development has occurred in this manner is to aid in the advancement of their silly hats and their value in the social hierarchy. Magic is merely a byproduct of this process.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I think this is the first time I've seen Thorsby miss an update. Maybe this is what the Mayan Calendar was talking about?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yay! I bet this fight will be using the inverse gravity zone to its full potential now.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

One furious uncle, coming up!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Dunkirk's survival instinct sure hasn't failed him yet. I mean, apart from picking this line of work.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

scarycave posted:

:staredog:
Somethings definitely going on with Dunkirk. You don't think he's the Jyrme of this comic? The weird alien guy with some secret elaborate agenda?

You might be on to something. He's clearly a clever and resourceful survivor, but his gently caress up in the start of the comic is what started all this mess. Maybe he's part of a conspiracy that wants to see Petrevolt destroyed. :tinfoil:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

That was a surprisingly clean get away they just did there.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

GyverMac posted:

They really should start to read up on the planets they visit.

"Our mission is to blindly go where many have gone before."

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

What do you mean, Cardinal? I don't think money's been touched in this planet.

BiggerJ posted:

Massive chance for things to go hilariously wrong: their owner told them the states of his wives' careers, but assumed they knew what he wanted them to do. Does he want them to succeed, or to fail? Your guess is as good as theirs.

We also have no idea of the concept of success that these people have. So there they go, trying to figure out a social puzzle without the background knowledge.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

It does look like Dunkirk would have an easy time removing those explosive collars.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Sindai posted:

Is it just me, or do the comics randomly only load halfway for anyone else? I was really confused by the discussion on the last couple of strips because everything under the first set of social media bookmark buttons wasn't showing for me the first time I looked at them. :confused:

It was a bigger comic, there should be a warning on the top stating that you should click "previous" to see the full comic.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Great plan Not-Plume.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

And to think she could have saved herself all that grief if only she had been using augmented power!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yeah, they are doing the opposite of what they are supposed to. I guess in the best case scenario they are bought by one of the lad-... Men they just helped?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Another successful plan!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I think we're getting close to the final act, with these double-crosses coming up, Plume dead and Athena showing up.

I suspect Dunkirk will turn out to be with Petrevolt, considering how resourceful he has shown himself to be so far and the fact that his mistake at the start of the comic is what allowed Not-Plume to come onboard.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

my dad posted:

Humans = pets ->
Humans revolt ->
Human planet = Petrevolt ->
Humans = pests -> AHC?

That flew right over my head. And here I was thinking it was a "Russian Kind of Name", which wouldn't have made sense as everyone speaks English and all the planets have very literal names in English. Goddamnit Thorsby.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Warning, the prisoner is armed! :downs:

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I am not sure if these are the worst or the best spies.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

For once not-Plume's secret works in his favour.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Poor guy won't ever see Earth again.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Yeah, Thorsby updates every M-W-F like clockwork.

Looking forward to improvisational eating methods.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Sizone posted:

That was the funniest thing I've seen all day. It's amazing how well such a simple gag can work when it's well executed.

I usually find Thorsby's comics cleverly amusing, but I think this is one of the first ones where I just laughed out loud.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Athena and Ben, love coaches extraordinaire.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Welp, nuclear war coming in...

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

H2Omelon posted:

"Your elastic mother smells like dentist intercourse."

I need to add this to my everyday vocabulary.

Empty quote this.

You know, I was kind of put off these last few strips, as I was finding it weird that they were doing all of these shenanigans without considering the obtuse social protocol used for everything in their society, but looks like things are picking up now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Small wonder they have such a conservative and restrained society, can't be a coincidence that they can be so easily talked into sex.

• Locked thread