Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

Sindai posted:

I loved the explanation for why everyone could speak English in TASS. It never even occurred to me until the characters brought it up. :doh:

I just figured it was a Hitchhiker's Guide babel fish kind of thing going on. The actual explanation caught me off guard and was really great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

Zinkraptor posted:

I'm not sure why I'm bothering since it's almost certainly going to be way more complex and interesting than whatever I guess but I can try

Seriously, this guy's work is the one of the least predictable things I've ever seen, even though it's all based on logic and science. That's a lot of the appeal for me.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
Just reread Hitmen for Destiny, and it's almost as good the second time. The only difference is the "oh poo poo" reveals have slightly less of an impact, but even then, not that much less. Fusk and Vorte own so hard, goddamn.

I need this published as a physical book. My kingdom for a hardcover Hitmen for Destiny.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
I can't imagine having to wait for daily updates during Passion, Lies, and Fungus. That sounds like the path to madness.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
Read Hitmen for Destiny, if you haven't, of course

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

Sizone posted:

Are you suggesting there is a Thorsbyverse? That not-Plume is, perhaps the love child product of the illicit affair in Lies, Sisters and Wives?

Accidental Space Spy is completely compatible with the Hitmen for Destiny setting, in my opinion

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

Kgummy posted:

I... actually glossed over/didn't notice that.

That was kind of an anticlimactic reveal.

We already knew this, he mentions it when he tells Shim that he's not Plume. His name is Ben Stamper.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

Avocados posted:

This is my first time exposed to these comics. I'm starting with the Space Spy because I sure love aliens. The art style is something similar to our highschool's comic section in the monthly student magazines. I'm tempted to stop but I'm going to follow the OP's advice, because if SA taught me anything, it's that the coolest things tend to have rough edges.

Go back and read all of Hitmen for Destiny. The art is a bit worse (although it grows on you), but I like it better overall than Accidental Space Spy. It also has plenty of alien life too, just not in outer space.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008

Kgummy posted:

I did, I guess I just forgot the relevant part. :shrug:

Lostclock not believing in ghosts and seemingly coming back as one (but it's the shapeshifter)

• Locked thread