Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

I'm starting to wonder if this is another planet similar to The Most loving Awesome Planet Ever, in that the males of the species go to extreme lengths to keep their wives in check. If gender change really is brought on by success, then it would make sense for Drill Hinge to employ such tactics as say, rigged comedy analysis machines and bunk movies with fake box office statistics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

I wonder how many dimensions there are where someone else got the chip implant instead of Ulf.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

HBar posted:

Transdimensional war would get weird very quickly. If Ulf is still connected, the other Ulfs might start making airstrikes on known Aisha locations, plus make the TV announcements, just to be safe. But Aisha can duplicate instantly, so a few versions of her would continue to survive through a series of increasingly improbable events.

I don't think it works like this though. Aisha in Ulf dimension (let's just say:) xxxxxA got the chip and began splitting into multiple Aisha dimensions, so effectively all Aishas are going after the same version of Ulf. This Ulf could communicate with other Ulf chip Ulfs as usual, but I'm assuming not with any of the alternate Ulf splits caused by Aisha's dimensional split button presses. One week has passed since Aisha had the implant, so I guess there are two Ulf's who are dealing with roughly the same thing right now. Can the Aishas splitting in Ulf dimension xxxxxA communicate with the Aishas splitting in Ulf dimension xxxxxB? I'm inclined to think no.

• Locked thread