Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
It's moments like these that remind me what a great storyteller Thorsby is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Pink is definitely frothing rage.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
This species of aliens probably change gender as they become more successful. More success -> more male.

That's really weird.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

smilingfish posted:

Is there any way I could get his contact information? Though I have little experience in writing scripts, I'd like to try adapting "Lies, Sisters and Wives" into a one-act stage play and I'd like his permission first.

I had this idea too, but never did anything with it. I think it would make an excellent one act, good luck!

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
One of these days, Thornsby comics need to be adapted into a movie.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I'm waiting for the one from a universe that diverged enough such that he's side character in Hitmen for Destiny.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
It's interesting the way Ulf is learning, though.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

vyelkin posted:

You nailed it harder than Aisha nailed that random guy.

He probably spoiled himself from another universe where the author releases updates faster.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

ZearothK posted:

To be fair, Thorsby does update like clockwork on Mon/Wed/Fri.

Must say I am pretty curious as to what he is aiming for with TDBC, maybe just an exploration of Ulf as a character? There's been a real lack of a central conflict.

It's pretty early in the story, I wouldn't be suprised if everything happening so far is some elaborate lead-in.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Transdimensional Film Noir

All the Ulfs are going to want to spy on the same 15 women aren't they.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
"Nope"

-Ulf, being Ulfsmart.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Given Ulf's previously established personality, I'd say this is the part where he reveals he cloned himself to do life stuff while he continues to work.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Sizone posted:

Not buying the current plotline. An ulf multi-mind smart enough to create a mind virus must also realize how loving stupid religion is.

They will all be infected by all the viruses, which will cause them all to realize that they (ulf) are the true gods.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
That was really the best brick joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Well, that was an...ending?

Probably my least favorite work by Thorsby. The starting bits were great, but as it moved forward I didn't get that great classic Thorsby feeling. I feel the relative shortness of this work indicates that Thorsby ran out of ideas at some point and is interested in getting to his next work. I wonder what it will be!

• Locked thread