Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I'm all caught up on TASS and dying for more. Trying to figure out the little biological quirks of a new planet's species is a surprisingly fun puzzle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
If the village is under the reverse gravity zone, will that mean all the buildings will be on the ceiling of a cave?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
There is some serious mounting dread going on here.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

RandomFerret posted:

I just had a thought. What if there are no real kaladihr? What if it's a natural part of the twolesy's biology that they've evolved out of? There's even precedent for that on earth with the axolotl.

Or what if kaladihr are all just mentally ill twolesys?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Eeevil posted:

Next page: a biology update explaining why gravoola demons are invisible to humans.

But are they invisible to limbchoosers?

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Gilgameshback posted:

Human beings actually do kind of the same thing, as Walter Cannon documents in this classic article (link to PDF).

Which is why Not-Plume (Ben?) was feeling a stomach ache after the wizard cast the spell on him.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
:stare: poo poo just got real-er

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
This is a fantastic setup already, I'm eager to see if this tops the loving Best Planet Ever.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I cannot make heads or tails of this planet's biology but I am laughing my rear end off.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Dinnertime must be utterly harrowing for these aliens if vegetables are such a source of dramatic tension.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
He's right, Bubba Ho-Tep was not a very scary movie.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
This is like a miniseries version of Lies Sisters and Wives and I'm loving it. There's no way Ben can out-shout four of these aliens as they try and figure out what the hell everyone else is talking about.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
We've got some serious eye-color changing going on in this newest strip.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

BiggerJ posted:

This arc is great. It seemed like a typical Thorsby farce, but it's also a mystery story. The mystery being: what's the gimmick?

That's what I love about his writing, every new planet is a puzzle.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Tails Gets Trolled could learn something from this fight scene.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
If she was threatening to stun blast him, why wouldn't she draw on him first when he's busy with an armload of Not-Plume?

Though, knowing Thorsby, if she had stunned him somebody else would have come in and had the exact same conversation with her and so on until the entire ship's crew was lying unconscious in that room.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
It's like a biologically hardwired Monkeysphere.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Maybe some of the goods that the lunnhui trade between houses include genetic material

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
1. I love how they have a tiny jail cell available with little air holes punched in it, and

2. I love how Thorsby throws out the big melodramatic romance reveal only for it to be immediately (but realistically) shut down.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Hahahahahah I like this Athena chick's style.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
This is actually the proper way to greet the assistant to the co-secretary of the department of interior defensive driving.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
10/4/13 comic

The first half is pretty reasonable, saying inoffensive nonsense and then bowing out quickly, but I see nothing good coming of their decision at the end.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
"I can't see what's happening, are we boned?"

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
This is one of those things where the character designs and names and relationships and lies upon lies are all so layered that I don't think I'll be able to appreciate the chapter until it's done in its entirety and I go through in one sitting.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
No matter what is going on the only one I can consistently recognize is Lumbercoin because of his aforementioned rippedness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Hey it's soapbox time!

• Locked thread