Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
I'm going to get a Wii U in August now that Nintendo's E3 showing had swayed me over.

If I bought Mario Kart 8 now (before July 31st), would I be able to register it and be eligible for a free game download without an actual Wii U? I have a 3DS, so I do have a NNID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah, you could just do the offer, get the code for what game you want and wait until you have the system to redeem it on the Wii U.

havenwaters posted:

The MK8 deal works like this.

1. Register MK8 to your club nintendo account by July 31st or you won't get the option to receive a free game.
2. Once you register the game a task to choose your free game will appear on your account (may take 24 hours to show up). This task expires on 8/31/2014.
3. Once you choose your free game you will be given a code to redeem on the eshop. This game code expires 9/30/2014.

So long as you get a Wii U before the end of september you can redeem the free game.

Cool, thanks. I'll pick up MK8 soon then. Really looking forward to it. Pleased to feel I have a reason to after a couple of years of wanting to be convinced.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Is the Mario Mega Bundle the best value Wii U bundle in the UK? http://store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u-hardware/mario-mega-bundle/10874508.html

Doesn't seem like they do refurbished ones here.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

Hey just got a Wii U and loving it so far.

I'm in the UK though, can someone tell me what this "premium network" thing is? The leaflet didn't really explain it. Has linking my Wii U Premium to my NNID or something? Are rewards something I can only see on my browser?

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

So is it true that Wii games look better on Wii U than they did on Wii? I've found conflicting reports online -- some insist there is literally no difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

RyokoTK posted:

I hated SS's controls and I (kinda) had a grasp on how they actually worked. It just seemed really pointless. Even if I did have a firm grasp on the swordplay, it didn't actually make it a more fun Zelda experience.

Compare it to A Link Between Worlds, where fighting consisted of "mash the button until bad guy dies," but that game was so much better it's not even funny.

For me Wind Waker's combat will always have that perfect balance between simplicity and depth. It's a shame it's a pretty short game.

• Locked thread