Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Club Nintendo's having trouble right now, someone just posted the same problem in the 3DS thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

It's not Wii, it's U.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

katkillad2 posted:

No i'm not, just because it mentions software in the article doesn't mean that's what i'm comparing.

My mistake was that article is mentioning Japan sales for one week, here is the comment from the NPD release:

A 40% increase over a 30% increase is impressive exclusively in the case where the percentages are of the same number. Journalistic spin aside, it's possible the percentages and the headlines can be true at the same time.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

njsykora posted:

You can't, first thing I looked for in the trailer. The road's barriered off.

Nintendo, you loving monsters. :mad:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

Kirby's Return to Dreamland on the Wii is also fantastic. It's definitely on the easy side, but the collectibles can be quite challenging. There's also a hard mode to play through once you're done with the main story that can actually kick your rear end. The best part is you can probably find the game for dirt cheap now.

Try full price! I have had a hell of a time finding it dirt cheap, I'm afraid. Even used copies are like $30-$40. It's the worst. :(

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

ethanol posted:

I'm doing a first playthrough of galaxy 1 and holy poo poo does it own.

I just came here to post this ... eerie. Just completed the first observatory, did not expect to fight Mario Gear Excelsus :allears:. The game gets better than this?! And there's another one that's better still? And then 3D World is going to happen to me. Life is all right. :mario:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Both games have loving awesome levels so you should play them both because of that.

The level in the first game where the background is like... desserts or something? and the floor has various shaped holes you can fall through was such pure joy platforming. It made my jaw drop when I first played it

I had a similar experience the first time they had me on a moving disc and I had to go between the top and bottom of the platform while dodging electric fence things and I was just like :vince:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Charles Martinet is totally the narrator of the game! He announces it emphatically himself as soon as you load it up! :mario:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Pikmin 3's "Go here" function is to good anyway, would never wanna give it up.

Unrelated but... I just realized that Music Park in Mario Kart 7/8 is based off Wii Music, was watching clips of old e3 presentations and noticed it's where the music notes on the track are from.

Yeah, it's the Miis' official track, man.

EDIT: though the Wuhu tracks in 7 could also count I suppose

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Fremry posted:

I had no idea that Wuhu island was tied to Miis. I didn't have a Wii, so the first time I saw it was Pilotwings resort and thought it was made specifically for that game.

:flashfact: Wuhu Island is the titular Wii Sports Resort. I believe it also showed up in the second Wii Fit game. Basically it's a setting they keep reusing and it is awesome, but it's always associated with Miis in some way so I'd definitely consider those official Mii tracks.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Ultigonio posted:

This is the most valuable post you have ever made.

Cutting down on basically everything, this is the final OP:

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=20236

Holy poo poo, much better. I was enjoying the ever-mounting saga of the OP though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Fremry posted:

Little update to the OP, nintendo increased the prices of the refurbished Wiimotes to $25.

Those fuckers better not touch the price of a refurb console until after Thursday morning. :mad: :f5:

• Locked thread