Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.
Every time I hit the home button, I see the home screen for about half a second, and then a bar telling me my "data has finished installing" drops down. I checked out download management, but I just see that Netflix and Pikmin 3 have finished updating. Nothing new installs or downloads. I have the option to "delete" those boxes, but I don't want to get rid of the update data.

What exactly is going on with all of that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

Kirios posted:

Best game on Wii U is Super Mario 3D World I'm surprised it's even up for discussion.

Maybe I played it at a bad time, but I thought 3D World was a little forgettable. It was really fun in the moment, but I don't really have an urge to go through it again to get all of the green stars. As a "Mario is God, and all of his games rule" type of guy, I was shocked when I didn't click with this one as well.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I got Star Fox 64 from Club Nintendo, but the code they gave me is returning an error code.

Do I need to wait longer for these downloads to be active? What's going on?

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

Random Stranger posted:

You have to go into Wii mode, then the shop from there. It's not in the Wii U store.

Aw, maaaan. I don't like the Wii mode.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

RadicalR posted:

You can give me the Star Fox 64 code then! I'll put it to good use. :haw:

I'll gladly take some Nintendo Bux in exchange. idk if you can do that, though.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

Hey, guys, hey. I liked Boom Blox for the Wii. What're the odds we'll see that franchise come back?

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

Starhawk64 posted:

Honestly I don't even know why people buy the Xbone and PS4. A decent gaming PC and a Wii U is basically all you need to play the majority of new games.

Just had a conversation with somebody about that this morning. I'm a sucker for some Sony exclusives, but nothing has convinced me that buying a PS4 is a good idea yet. I like infamous, lbp and TLoU, but with MGS5 coming to Steam, what's the point? I ain't ever going to play Mario on anything besides my Wii U, so it's actually a really comfortable setup: PC and Wii U.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

Is there any way I can play Pikmin 3 without the gamepad being on? I want to just use the pro controller and not have the screen ever tell me to look at the gamepad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

Regy Rusty posted:

I would go as far as to call the "go here" function vital. You definitely will need to use it and to survey the map to make plans. A decent portion of the time you'll be sending all 3 captains on different missions and the game pad is the only way to do that in any kind of efficient way.

Hmmmmm, interesting. I'm planning an LP around this game, and that could get tricky to record. I guess the television screen looks interesting-enough when using the gamepad map.

• Locked thread