Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Great OP; though the games link at the bottom looks kind of cluttered.

Still on the fence about Rayman despite the news last night but can't decide

If I can ask; what's the appeal to the series? Me and a friend tried the one on the wii and the intro turned the two of us off because the tutorial was boring as all hell. I feel like we missed something but just wanting to be sure.

As DrManiac said, getting better equipment to fight monsters better is part of it, if you've never enjoyed that feeling of upgrading in games like Diablo, other RPGs or any MMO then monster hunter isnt for you.

The combat can be really clunky and the game really hard, where you'll just get your rear end kicked over and over again and wonder why the hell you are still playing this game and why can't you just kill this stupid beast, and to paraphrase some goon in the Monster Hunter thread long ago, eventually, suddenly, it clicks into place and it's like the Matrix and you're The One and you see the pattern and you're dodging attacks and striking hard and you don't know why you thought it was so difficult in the first place and you're elated at the feeling of awesomeness at your abilities as this monster you've spent hours trying to kill is now your bitch. It's a great feeling of accomplishment.

The big downside is that it usually takes a long time to get to that point, too long I think. That's probably why it's hard to get new people into the game, but if you can play with friends that makes it so much better.

I'm probably going to wait until next holiday season to pick up a WiiU (if im strong!) and Monster Hunter is definitely a buy for me, an RPG from Monolith Soft, and hopefully big-name 1st party titles announced at E3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Bombadilillo posted:

So is Assasians Creed 3 coming out on WiiU earlier then other consoles? Because its on all the Nov. 18th lists but comes out on the 30th for other consoles. If so this fact needs to be advertised more. Not only shows WiiU is getting "serious" or "hardcore" whatever you want to call them games, but with some advantage.

AC3 is out the 30th of October for the 360 and PS3.

PlushCow
Oct 19, 2005

The cow eats the grass

Duckman2008 posted:

curious in this question as well.

I'm really torn on whether to get it now, or wait until after the holidays to see if it price drops. $350 is a bit out of my price range, and given I already am a big Xbox user, I am mostly getting it for my wife to play it. I just see a scenario where the U doesn't sell well and they cut prices like they did with the 3DS.

I dont think there will be a 3DS-like price drop for the WiiU. One of the reasons the 3DS was priced so high at release was because of the positive response Nintendo got at E3 and priced it that high because they thought they could get it. When it didn't sell well, they knew they priced it too high and that's when they dropped the price.

They priced the WiiU pretty reasonable for a new console, considering the hardware and the gamepad. Maybe you'll see a minor price cut around the 720/PS4's release but that's a year away.

• Locked thread