Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

i'll be able to remember my cube world password because i've used the same password for everything for the last 10 years :boom:

can't wait to play the full game this december.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

im a girl btw posted:

i'll be able to remember my cube world password because i've used the same password for everything for the last 10 years :boom:

That's a really bad idea!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

im a girl btw posted:

uh don't do that.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Tell us your password so we can tell you if it's secure or not.

im a girl btw
Jan 15, 2004

We'll see who's laughing when I'm playing cube world and you scrubs are trying to remember your login deets :cool:

Anyway it's not like I'm registered on any forums that have a history of storing important user information like credit card numbers etc in plaintext haha

Network Pesci posted:

Tell us your password so we can tell you if it's secure or not.

its UltimateNetworkPesciFan12346

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
God damnit 53 new posts in Cube World thread... what are those nerds raging on about now?? Lets have a looWTFWOLLAYTWEETS!!1OMGTHISLOOKSSOAWESOME

*installs game* Get hyped!

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

im a girl btw posted:

We'll see who's laughing when I'm playing cube world and you scrubs are trying to remember your login deets :cool:

Anyway it's not like I'm registered on any forums that have a history of storing important user information like credit card numbers etc in plaintext haha

its UltimateNetworkPesciFan12346

Hunter2

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
Your password is seven asterisks? At least it'll defeat a dictionary attack, I guess.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
The new content sounds really cool.

http://kotaku.com/over-a-year-later-cube-world-finally-has-a-few-new-thi-1736067016

quote:

“There are good factions, such as the Order of the Light and the Druids of Mana, and bad factions, like the Cult of Doom, the Unholy Pact and the Steel Empire” Funck told me in an email. Apparently, there’s at least one other faction that Picroma has not shown off yet, too.

You’ll find factions while questing, and each one will have its own schtick. Funck said that the Druids of Mana, for example, really like giving out quests about “discovering ancient runes and protecting the planet from the Steel Empire."

“Im just super excited to share our recent work with the fans,” Funck responded. “They’re awesome and I hope to give them their update soon. But it’s not done yet, we’re still working out some quest lines and adding content.”

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Am i still in a Dream?

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Snake Eater

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I'm not really sure what I expected cube world to end up being, but a pixel art skyrim is actually really fuckin baller.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

im a girl btw posted:

Holy crap its actually coming out?!?! Been following him on twitter and saw he randomly started posting again.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

Hey, are you too lazy to scroll down Wollay's twitter timeline?! Wanna know what the hell he's been up to? Well good thing I was bored.

Things Wollay has tweeted about re: adding poo poo to Cube World
-NPC Emotes
-Villager AI to make them wander around more
-Special City quests.
-Expanding and varying city designs. (stairs, walls, fountains, street width)
-Indicator on minimap of where you died
-Cities are actually a thing as opposed to just villages
-Cyclone warrior attack now makes him invulnerable
-Dungeon quests (The photo shows a locked door that you must retrieve a key for)
-New leveling system that doesn't rely on the power stat
-New music.
-Pirates as water enemies
-A wraith enemy that apparently can't be hurt, travels through walls, and OHKO's you. Assuming a puzzle-dungeon run quest type thing
-"Eavesdropping" quests. You see two NPCs talking about a thing, and you go do something about the thing.
-Factions? Were these already a thing? I can't remember, honestly.
-Traps
-Necromancers will now raise monsters. (Photo shows a giant Frankenstein monster.)
-Enemy humanoids can and will ride mounts
-Item stats will now show the difference between your currently equipped item of that type.
-Portals?
-Quests where Druids helped him activate the portal.
-Mages can shoot beams using wands.
-Community-made language files? (Hope that turns out better than Notch's version...)
-Dynamic quest texts, based on a grammar system he wrote for the NPCs.
-Druids of Mana are a faction.
-The will ride giant trees/ents/treants/
-Mana mechs.
-The steel empire is a faction and they will use those mechs. They're pretty big.
-You can see the borders of different regions when you zoom in on the minimap
-You can see undiscovered places on the map, but they won't be labeled. You'll be able to see, for instance, lakes and mountains. Don't know if you can see villages/cities
-Steel Empire can parachute in to invade.
-Steel Empire will also use airships to invade.
-For now, airships are fixed because they cause problems in multiplayer.
-The Order of Light is a faction of Paladins.
-The Cult of Doom is a faction of apparently red-eyed, black hair emo kids with swords.
-The Unholy Pact is a faction of Necromancers.
-There are leaders for each of the factions.
-Ressurect at other people when you die.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Bullshit?

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Well he got better at showing off, that's not actual communication, but I like the thought this might release some day and scratch my adverture/wander around game itch.

massecurr
Dec 15, 2012
My god...I never thought I'd see the day when Cube World would have any semblance of maybe possibly coming out perhaps. I think hell just froze over.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

And now, today, a tweet about working on Order of Light themed quests.

Cautious optimism here.

DupeWorld

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

im a girl btw posted:

same, but I have different passwords for important poo poo and then the same password for random game accounts that I don't care about.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
All my passwords are riddles only I know the answers too.

But if I forget the answer to the riddle, I keep them written on the back of paintings.

the paintings are related tangentially to the site. steam has a picture of a steam engine, my banking password has a picture of...

well you get the idea.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

im a girl btw posted:

Did Wollay say there will be an update in December? :confused:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Wollay stepped outside and got scared by his shadow so we're not going to see another update for six more months

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Vax posted:

Did Wollay say there will be an update in December? :confused:

More importantly, did he specify WHICH December?

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Babe Magnet posted:

Wollay stepped outside and got scared by his shadow so we're not going to see another update for six more months

So we're also getting another month of winter or something?

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Actually, he just tweeted more screenshots.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Did someone put him on antidepressants or something.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

so who wants to play this poo poo when the update drops? or now even

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
It just sounds like he's building up interest so he can release an update, make some big bucks then go silent again for 2 years

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Danith posted:

It just sounds like he's building up interest so he can release an update, make some big bucks then go silent again for 2 years

The Modified Call of Duty strategy, I see.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Danith posted:

He should release the new content as DLC with the same price tag as the original game. Disable the shop after one week and go silent for 2 years. Repeat.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

New abilities seem pretty neat.

The proposed skill trees are something I forgot about, even.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

Rotten Cookies posted:

Hey, are you too lazy to scroll down Wollay's twitter timeline?! Wanna know what the hell he's been up to? Well good thing I was bored.

Things Wollay has tweeted about re: adding poo poo to Cube World
-NPC Emotes
-Villager AI to make them wander around more
-Special City quests.
-Expanding and varying city designs. (stairs, walls, fountains, street width)
-Indicator on minimap of where you died
-Cities are actually a thing as opposed to just villages
-Cyclone warrior attack now makes him invulnerable
-Dungeon quests (The photo shows a locked door that you must retrieve a key for)
-New leveling system that doesn't rely on the power stat
-New music.
-Pirates as water enemies
-A wraith enemy that apparently can't be hurt, travels through walls, and OHKO's you. Assuming a puzzle-dungeon run quest type thing
-"Eavesdropping" quests. You see two NPCs talking about a thing, and you go do something about the thing.
-Factions? Were these already a thing? I can't remember, honestly.
-Traps
-Necromancers will now raise monsters. (Photo shows a giant Frankenstein monster.)
-Enemy humanoids can and will ride mounts
-Item stats will now show the difference between your currently equipped item of that type.
-Portals?
-Quests where Druids helped him activate the portal.
-Mages can shoot beams using wands.
-Community-made language files? (Hope that turns out better than Notch's version...)
-Dynamic quest texts, based on a grammar system he wrote for the NPCs.
-Druids of Mana are a faction.
-The will ride giant trees/ents/treants/
-Mana mechs.
-The steel empire is a faction and they will use those mechs. They're pretty big.
-You can see the borders of different regions when you zoom in on the minimap
-You can see undiscovered places on the map, but they won't be labeled. You'll be able to see, for instance, lakes and mountains. Don't know if you can see villages/cities
-Steel Empire can parachute in to invade.
-Steel Empire will also use airships to invade.
-For now, airships are fixed because they cause problems in multiplayer.
-The Order of Light is a faction of Paladins.
-The Cult of Doom is a faction of apparently red-eyed, black hair emo kids with swords.
-The Unholy Pact is a faction of Necromancers.
-There are leaders for each of the factions.
-Ressurect at other people when you die.

MORE poo poo.

-Unholy Pact quests
-New armors that drop mostly from Steel Empire enemies. Steel, Filament, Rivet, and Mail armors.
-Rogue assassin skill: Jumps on the back of an enemy and stabs em a bunch
-Rogue ninja skill: Skill that decreases cooldown on your other ninja skills
-Hunter scout skill: drop an area of quicksand that slows enemies
-Hunter sniper skill: make a shadow clone of yourself to mimic all moves and attacks
-Water mage skill: bubbles that stick to enemies. Slows them, then damages them and heals friends when exploded
-Fire mage skill: run really fast and leave a fire trail behind to burn enemies.
-Fighter berserker skill: Charge/dash with a rock fist that hurts everything you hit
-Fighter guardian skill: A shout/taunt to make enemies attack you instead of friends
-More Order of the Light quests
-Levelless quests now?
-"Quest enemy power is adapted to each player. High lvl players still have adavantages (better skills, stats)." so I don't even know what. No HP or something?
-Dungeons pre-quests.
-Water mage healing stream spell can now hit and heal multiple players at a time.
-Hidden underground caves, noted by a discoloration on the ground.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
Looks like wolly saw his shadow so we have another two year wait ahead of us for cube world.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
His updates seem to get less and less. NO WOLLAY STAY WE NEED YOU TO "FINISH" THIS!!!1

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/wol_lay/status/704276533402320896

It lives, it dies, it lives again

SuicideSnowman
Jul 26, 2003

He's going to disappear until the next leap year.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

SuicideSnowman posted:

He's going to disappear until the next leap year.

Do not, my friends, become addicted to Wollay updates. They will take hold of you, and you will resent their absence!

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
I expect he'll post for a couple days before cutting off the water flow.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

This feels like Bob's Game where the dev would post about working on the game, disappear for a few years, pop back up with more screens/video of the game, go insane, disappear again, pop back up... etc...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firstkind
Apr 10, 2015

by 2017 exmarx
Woah did this guy resurface again? Shame Trove attempted to take over his idea in his absence.

• Locked thread