Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nuiker
Apr 9, 2007

So It Goes posted:

I don't think I've ever been more excited for a game's release. It's like someone had a list of exactly how I would want a sandbox game (or particularly minecraft) to be, and has actually made it! The only thing the game currently seems to possibly be lacking is the type of building interaction that, say minecraft allows. In fact, can you construct things (such as a home) at all outside of some preset builds? Still, I suppose minecraft does fill that specific lego-building niche anyways. What this game should provide is literally everything else I would want, ie an actual combat system, actual questing and high dungeon and monster variety that is worth exploring, hopefully little buginess and glitches upon full release. Does anyone know if the beta will be open?

From everything that I've read the only type of building that's allowed will be with preset houses and I don't believe that's going to be in till after the actual launch of the game. Seems like there really isn't any kind of terrain changing except for big bosses being able to destroy terrain. There's also some crafting with adding on additional blocks to weapons, but that's all there really seems to be.

Pretty sure there will be an alpha that we are able to buy and then get updates forever like Minecraft did if that's what you mean by an open beta. It might actually be fairly soon for when we can buy the game according to a post of wollay. http://i.imgur.com/vDxJZeX.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread