Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
^^^^^:psyduck:

what's scarier is I can follow all that

NOT LONG NOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
He got SOME kind of brain functions back, but the exact nature of the brain damage and the exact function of the cure won't necessarily match any specific version of Walter seen previously.

Regular amber leaves you conscious the whole time right? I seem to remember that from the guy rescuing his brother and they're twins and bank robbers or whatever. I'm guessing 3rd generation amber is full on suspended animation

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

HanabaL03 posted:

I just don't get how this show isn't getting more Emmy love. The acting from Noble is on par with Cranston and Paul and those guys always get nominated.

Because, as into it as we get and as good as the acting can be, at it's heart it's a goofy show about time travel, mutants, psychic powers, monsters and extremely dodgy science. I mean, I love Fringe to bits, but it's a show that's gonna get Saturn awards and Nebulas, not Emmys.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

James R posted:

Annoying to me is that they're two episodes in now and Olivia and Peter have yet to ask Etta what happened to her/where she went/who looked after her etc! Surely to Christ you'd be asking your daughter what happened to her and how she was raised?!

I'm guessing there's a meta reason for that, in as much as it makes more sense in terms of characters to reveal this stuff a bit further into the season than to dump it all at the start. Let use get to know Etta NOW a bit better then let us find out how she got that way.

episode 4 is called "the bullet that saved the world", and my guess is that it's here we'll get a lot of filling in of the intervening time. I'm assuming the title refers to the necklace which I'm also assuming is Olivia's head-bullet from the S4 finale. Just speculation of course but they'll definitely fill it in at some point.

As for an in-universe reason, they've just woken up to find this 25 year old hard as nails resistance fighter that they don't know is the 3 year old daughter they lost two months ago, however much you want to fill in the gaps it's still something you're gonna want to work up to.

General Ironicus posted:

They said regenerating her brain from being shot in it after fusing two universes burned out all her cortexiphan powers.

I think it was implied they've gone into kind of hibernation rather than been completely deleted, I wouldn't be surprised if they do a bit of a reactivation later, maybe using more cortexiphan. Would be a good hook to get more of Nina and whatever is left of Massive Dynamic. Also Etta has a magic brain too (can't be read by observers), add fresh cortexiphan to that and who knows what might happen.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
3 weeks?

Cool. The TV guide I used didn't have anything listed for the rest of the year so I assumed it was a midseason break and it would be a few months till the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

treiz01 posted:

This times infinity. Canadian thanksgiving seems so much more efficient, and they don't stop broadcasting any shows because of it!

English Christmas is even better, we get special extra long extra dramatic editions of most of our big shows. The whole of November and December in Eastenders is spent building up to whatever horrifyingly depressing unpleasantness is being saved for Christmas/new years.

• Locked thread