Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Deadpool posted:

Ugghh, Jesus. Leave it to Totally Laime to make listening to a conversation with Jason Mantzoukas seem like a chore.

I filled my phone with a bunch of episodes for a long train ride and I listened to the full episode with Sophia Rossi. It was, like, the worst thing that I have ever, like, listened to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
The host of Yo is this Racist voice isn't really suited for radio, I don't think. It makes me want to not listen to him.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Drunkboxer posted:

The host of Yo is this Racist voice isn't really suited for radio, I don't think. It makes me want to not listen to him.

I actually found the PFT episode quite good. The magic of PFT. Plus it was a good idea to do one long episode. I skipped the Kremer and Sklar episodes because I don't like Kremer or the Sklars. The Jon Daly episodes were ok, but Daly was being a bit too wacky at times. PFT, as always, found a good balance. Don't know who next week is, but I hope it's someone that can do the same.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Politicalrancor posted:

Has anyone ever got through a full episode The Apple Sisters? It's loving terrible.

I just discovered them yesterday and watched a bunch of their clips on Youtube. I'm a sucker for "old-timey" '30s/'40s/'50s stuff and have a soft spot for similar musical groups like the Puppini Sisters. The Apple Sisters' concept has a lot of potential, but drat, I wish they were funnier and better singers.

In the meantime, I also recently discovered The Thrilling Adventure Hour for my old-timey humor podcast fix.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 28, 2012

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Drunkboxer posted:

Never stopped howard kremer

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Riptor posted:

On that subject, I just listened to the 10/19 Two Charted in which Howard is hopped up on Dayquil, and he's just insane and hilarious.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Howard Kremer looks nothing like his voice suggests, or maybe exactly how he looks. Its terribly confusing.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Deadpool posted:

I actually found the PFT episode quite good. The magic of PFT. Plus it was a good idea to do one long episode. I skipped the Kremer and Sklar episodes because I don't like Kremer or the Sklars. The Jon Daly episodes were ok, but Daly was being a bit too wacky at times. PFT, as always, found a good balance. Don't know who next week is, but I hope it's someone that can do the same.

I think it's Dave Holmes.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Riptor posted:

Neither has not being funny.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Neither has not being funny.

This guy right here is a-ok with me

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
The new How Did This Get Made was great. They were SO confused by the movie, I really need to watch it now.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Popelmon posted:

The new How Did This Get Made was great. They were SO confused by the movie, I really need to watch it now.
It was hilariously bad. The baseball game they talk about length is a loving doozy.
Their gym teachers outfit, jesus christ.

Catched up on Totally Laime with Jason, still going with that soundboard apparently.
Despite that, very interesting hearing about his asthma and egg allergy, what a terrifying life being so deathly allergic to something so common.
Also whats the deal with comedians and getting stuck in riptides? PFT and now Jason.

e: Anyone listened to the latest Fogelnest Files? James Urbaniak is a favorite, and Jonah Ray is usually funny as well. Looks like a fun lineup and good it's back to being for a live audience, I thought they scratched that for a while.

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Oct 30, 2012

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Jason Mantzoukas's misinterpretation really set them all off the rails in the cold-open discussion.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Popelmon posted:

It was just as beautiful as I was hoping. One of my favorite episodes. Their confusion was amazing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh my god I'm just now listening to it and How did This get Made is indeed amazing. Talking about the cold open and the cries of "CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE END?!" sums this movie up so well.

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

The HDTGM episode made me track down my copy of Sleepaway Camp and it's about to start :munch:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TUS posted:

The HDTGM episode made me track down my copy of Sleepaway Camp and it's about to start :munch:

You were told to watch it first :argh:

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
They were NOT kidding about the shorts. Jesus Christ :psyduck:

Edit: And the "We call them baldies" scene. Holy poo poo this movie is absolutely amazing!

Popelmon fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Oct 30, 2012

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Glitterbomber posted:

You were told to watch it first :argh:

I've seen it plenty! It's just been a while.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
So holy poo poo. That movie. Amazing. They WERE NOT kidding about the shorts. So many penis shapes. And the reveal at the end is the best thing ever.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Are Reality Show Show and Shots Fired anything decent?

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
It's kind of hard to judge after only an episode, but I loved Weiss and Nocando coming into it so Shots Fired will probably be fine.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Oh huh, I didn't know Grant-Lee Phillips was the town troubador on Gilmore Girls. I knew Dave "Gruber" Allen was the rival troubador in that one episode, and he had a produce stall that made Taylor mad in another. I guess I should listen to his show. Mostly because there's an ep with PFT guest hosting though, not the Gilmore Girls thing.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I popped back into Who Charted for the 100th episode, and it was pretty good. I don't think I'll keep it on my list, but this was a good one. Lots of meta discussion of the show, and PFT alert :siren:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Man, this weeks Improv4humans was really good, especially the last bit. Wasn't sure how well Tim Meadows would do, but they put him on the spot and he did pretty well.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Eltoasto posted:

Man, this weeks Improv4humans was really good, especially the last bit. Wasn't sure how well Tim Meadows would do, but they put him on the spot and he did pretty well.

He's been on several times and is pretty much always great.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
For those of you waiting for Nerd Poker (like me):

AST Forums posted:

Q:[when is] Nerd Poker coming?
A: SOON (from Jake Fogelnest)

So at least it's not dead like Mr. Blow turned out to be...

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

Deadpool posted:

He's been on several times and is pretty much always great.
Check out episode eleven where they improvise around cruises.

Also I listened the the Reality Show Show last night. It was pretty good. The best part was their fake interview with a producer of Survivor.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Yeah, the Reality Show Show is a pretty good podcast, even though I don't actually watch any of these shows. For some reason the description was giving me a real "uh Yeah Dude Knockoff" vibe, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

Tim as the neighbor shouting through the wall had me dying

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Popelmon posted:

They were NOT kidding about the shorts. Jesus Christ :psyduck:

Edit: And the "We call them baldies" scene. Holy poo poo this movie is absolutely amazing!

Family ties for anyone who wanted a straight answer: In the beginning the dad/kids lay it out. Aunt Martha == The Doc. She has a husband who is 'away' with Ricky that day. So the gay lover is unfortunately not incestuous.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Is anything ever going to happen with Brian Posehn's Nerd Poker D&D show?

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

scary ghost dog posted:

Is anything ever going to happen with Brian Posehn's Nerd Poker D&D show?
Raise your hand if every time you see new posts in here, you click hoping it's someone announcing Nerd Poker.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Goddamnit, I have to stop listening to Improv4Humans while in bed before sleeping. Crying from laughter is not really sleepytime behavior.
First the Ghost of Edgar Allan Poe and now Ben Schwarts at a live show.

And yes, I'm also eagerly awaiting the D&D episodes. I've never played or listened to any episodes outside of our own Yogscast doing it a couple of times some years ago, and that was loving hilarious.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Zsinjeh posted:

Goddamnit, I have to stop listening to Improv4Humans while in bed before sleeping. Crying from laughter is not really sleepytime behavior.
First the Ghost of Edgar Allan Poe and now Ben Schwarts at a live show.

And yes, I'm also eagerly awaiting the D&D episodes. I've never played or listened to any episodes outside of our own Yogscast doing it a couple of times some years ago, and that was loving hilarious.

The November 6th show was also pretty great. It was maybe a little more interesting than howlingly funny, but there was still plenty of good stuff in there. I'd love to get Betsy Sodaro on the show again too, she has an adorable voice :3:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Yeah I really enjoyed that one too, but I figured it can be a bit too much if you don't necessarily enjoy Bessers rant about atheism and talking about Victoria Jackson all episode.

(Which I do! gently caress you Christians, atheist agenda fo lyfe :smug: deal w/ it)

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
His meltdown over Tim Tebow joining the New York Jets is one of the funniest things I've ever heard. Classic sports+atheism rant.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY
Yeah, I feel I4H is at its best when Matt's angry about something, and everyone else rags on him for it.

e: I also like when someone misspeaks or uses an incorrect turn of phrase, and someone immediately jumps on it. I wish I could remember what it was in last week's show, but it kills me every time it happens.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Lemmi Caution posted:

His meltdown over Tim Tebow joining the New York Jets is one of the funniest things I've ever heard. Classic sports+atheism rant.

What episode was that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Conduit for Sale! posted:

What episode was that?

There was an entire Tim Tebow bonus episode. It happened between Episodes 19 and 20.