Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

SpacePig posted:

I also like when someone misspeaks or uses an incorrect turn of phrase, and someone immediately jumps on it. I wish I could remember what it was in last week's show, but it kills me every time it happens.
I love this too. Especially the one where someone (or all of them) don't know the difference between egg styles.
"Eggs over hard?!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnnikublyDA
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/over-hard/

e: haha, nice didn't realize my recent favorite comedian Adam Pally was on that ep, figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

It was funny that the one they all jumped on for being wrong about the fried egg thing was the only one who was right.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
After reading this thread rave about it I finally started listening to Improv4Humans. I've only listened to the newest episode but I was in stitches, thanks goons!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Glitterbomber posted:

After reading this thread rave about it I finally started listening to Improv4Humans. I've only listened to the newest episode but I was in stitches, thanks goons!

Save the Jessica St. Claire/Lennon Parham/Jason Mantzoukas episode for last, cause it's the best and will never be topped

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

indigi posted:

Save the Jessica St. Claire/Lennon Parham/Jason Mantzoukas episode for last, cause it's the best and will never be topped

I honestly think Meadows/Wengert/Gemberling is better

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

indigi posted:

To be fair anything with Jessica St. Claire/Lennon Parham is amazing.

Still waiting for a :snoop:Womp up the Jaaaammzzzz:snoop: podcast with Wompler and Listler.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Glitterbomber posted:

Glad you're on board! Now go check out the Over Hard episode. Listened to it again last night and that goddamn Egg-castrophe has me in stitches everytime.
Adam Pally, Seth Morris, Gil Ozerl

Another really great episode is 'You Got P.Ranked!'
The KISS Army and a Guitar Hero literally going to war is a great highlight.
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/you-got-pranked/
Paul Scheer, Casey Feigh, Joe Hartzler

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Even though I watch like zero percent of the shows they talk about I really, really like The Reality Show Show.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zsinjeh posted:

Glad you're on board! Now go check out the Over Hard episode. Listened to it again last night and that goddamn Egg-castrophe has me in stitches everytime.
Adam Pally, Seth Morris, Gil Ozerl

Another really great episode is 'You Got P.Ranked!'
The KISS Army and a Guitar Hero literally going to war is a great highlight.
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/you-got-pranked/
Paul Scheer, Casey Feigh, Joe Hartzler

I just hit the Scheer episode and the skype call is even better than the KISS Army.

Hollis Brown
Oct 17, 2004

It's like people only do things because they get paid, and that's just really sad

LesterGroans posted:

Even though I watch like zero percent of the shows they talk about I really, really like The Reality Show Show.

I also love that show. The hosts work so well together out of the gate for this podcast.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Man, I know that Matt Besser is a big fan of Howard Stern, but these Eric the Intern episodes can be infuriating.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I like Besser just talking off the cuff about things (like the election or his christian summer camp experience), not just in an improv format, so I thought that him and the guests ragging on the intern was pretty great. I thought the improvs were really good too.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Thanks to the people recommending The Reality Show Show, just listened through them - very, very funny, hosts are great together (would definitely recommend to any UYD fans - content largely different obviously, but chemistry between hosts similar).

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The banter on the Reality Show Show doesn't sound too rehearsed to anyone else? Maybe I just like hosts who have obviously not prepared poo poo and just talk, like Who Charted.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
I just like that its album artwork is a bunch of people having been thrown under a bus.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Looks like I'm the minority, but I love Eric the Intern. He's so loving terrible it's hilarious, and makes for some great improv.
Anyway, gay marriage why or why not?

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Shots Fired is starting to hit its stride now. Anyone into rap at all should give it a try.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Zsinjeh posted:

Looks like I'm the minority, but I love Eric the Intern. He's so loving terrible it's hilarious, and makes for some great improv.

Okey dokey.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Eric the Unpaid Intern is the best part of Improv4Humans.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zsinjeh posted:

I adore Eric, if he was just a lovely intern it wouldn't be funny but everyone's reactions to him make it golden.

Okey dokey.

Groucho Marxist posted:

Shots Fired is starting to hit its stride now. Anyone into rap at all should give it a try.

Is it really good? I don't know much anything about it aside from one ad I heard that didn't get me super jazzed about it.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I sonder if that weird conservative polish guy uploaded his video of Eric to YouTube. I'd love too see him in his lazy hair, batteries flying all over the place with the engineer standing behind him laughing and/or doing all the work.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

Zsinjeh posted:

Hey, just informing you that only one person has said they dislike Eric the Intern so you aren't in the minority there.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

UP AND ADAM posted:

Hey, just informing you that only one person has said they dislike Eric the Intern so you aren't in the minority there.
Okeydokey. Should pot be legalized, why or why not?

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Glitterbomber posted:

Is it really good? I don't know much anything about it aside from one ad I heard that didn't get me super jazzed about it.

Yeah Weiss isn't very good at reading off the script but it's pretty informative and funny on the whole.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
There's a bonus episode that's a ton of cut scenes, all of them about making fun of eric the intern. It's pretty great.

Zsinjeh posted:

Okeydokey. Should pot be legalized, why or why not?

Uhh, can I use my why not on this one?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Oh boy, Twilight: Breaking Dawn:; Part 2, here we go!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Zsinjeh posted:

So geared up for this. Also excited the new Reality Show Show dropped, it's a really chill listen.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
What are they waiting for with Nerd Poker??

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Drunkboxer posted:

Probably until they have enough episodes saved up so they can release them regularly, possibly weekly, at least for a while. D&D games take a long fuckin time man.

e: I really hope there's like "seasons" of episodes of the same comedians playing the same continuous game with the same characters. If it's different comedians playing for an hour or w/e every episode it won't be as good.

e2:

Zsinjeh posted:

The best part is knowing ahead of time from DLM that Doug kinda liked the movie. :allears:

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Nov 28, 2012

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Drunkboxer posted:

Just for you to ask.

Earwolf posted:

New show #NerdPoker with @thebrianposehn launches tonight at http://earwolf.com and iTunes! Get ready! http://instagr.am/p/SjnOMGhvdb/

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I dunno who any of those other people are though except Blaine Capatch.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Am I just wicked out of the hoodie game, or is $60 loving bananas for a hoodie?

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Am I just wicked out of the hoodie game, or is $60 loving bananas for a hoodie?

It's definitely on the high end, but not that crazy. It's really plain though.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
It's an American Apparel hoodie with Earwolf on it? The hoodie itself costs ~$45, so it's about a $15 markup for the name. That's a little expensive for my tastes, kind of makes me wish I'd jumped on getting those Enigma Force Five shirts for less money.

Also I just realized they use Dov Charney's clothes. Probably why they're able to book him so often on CBB.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

dog poop n doritos posted:

Just for you to ask.

You're welcome.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Just downloaded Nerd Poker.

Already love it, a bunch of funny nerds playing D&D is the best thing.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

In the comments they mentioned it was recorded 14 months ago.
What would cause the wait?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
It's a bit slow but it's oddly entertaining. I'm guessing it'll probably pick up more down the road.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Nerd Poker did not dissapoint! I have no idea how D&D works or how long the games are, but I'm hoping for future comedy guests playing this. I would love to hear the banter and reasoning for their choices in future eps.

I mean just imagine Jason Mantzoukas as a super-horny hairy gnome who uses his comedic wit to think his way out of scenarios. I know it's a bit stretch of the imagination but it could be great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The way it sounds I think we're gonna have this main group going through a long campaign (a campaign in D&D can last any amount of time, since it's basically a compilation of adventures), and personally I'm cool with that. They have great chemistry from being a group for so long, and I loved their interactions. The start of any role playing game is slow, yea, since like you heard most of it is getting the group together and poo poo, I expect the next show to be more fun because it'll have combat, and D&D 4th Edition (Don't know if they said that's what edition they're using but it is) has a really fun combat system.

Basically they've combined comics who are awesome with a game I enjoy a great deal, poo poo's cash for me.