Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

The daily format for Yo Is this Racist is such a horrid idea that I can barely imagine it lasting seven days before switching into a weekly compilation of questions with a guest to chat. As it stands so far the two episodes they've put out could cut their runtime to five seconds of "uh, yeah"—which is basically what they already are, plus four-odd minutes for an ad, a plug, the intro/outro and The Wolf Dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Fogelnest Files is a pleasant enough listen while it's happening but drat if I can remember a standout bit from any ep so far. And it seems like a weird gripe when I'm clearly already nerdy enough to seek out podcasts, but asking me to sync the thing up with a youtube channel is kind of a tall order compared to all the other podcasts that satisfy my comedy kicks just from the audio side.

Yo is this racist is still so lovely that I'm starting to wince when the theme music kicks in again after, like, two minutes of content, but god dammit I can't NOT listen as long as Howard Kremer is on the mic. I'll follow that guy anywhere, but even he sounds bored. Hopefully they just recorded a bunch of episodes in a bundle and there will be a sudden overhaul once they burn through their initial stockpile.

The clear answer to all these problems is that Jason Mantzoukas needs to start making the Earwolf rounds and revitalize all this poo poo literally immediately.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

THE RETURN OF JON HAMM

If Harris Wittels were on this list, the podcast would just be too good to be sustainable.

Too foamy.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

ComedyComedyComedyComedyCOMEDYcomedyCOMEDYcomedycomedyComedyComedy

Comedy........ Comedy......

ComedyComedyComedyComedy

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Anyone else notice that Analyze Phish has its own page and logo now?

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Mr. Squishy posted:

I really hope they're doing that as a joke, not because they think it looks good in any way.

Come on, man, these are professionals.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Analyze FISH

SON OF A BITCH.

e: for the record, I'm ok with this.

epic weed mom fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jan 17, 2013

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

tnimark posted:

Matt Besser's 'guy yelling from an audience/crowd' voice is so loving hilarious to me every time.

I would listen to a weekly podcast of Matt Besser just bitching and bullshitting about everything. I'd listen to it exclusively.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

scary ghost dog posted:

I really enjoyed Harris Wittels saying, "What's up... I'm Harris."

I'm so insanely attracted to Harris. I doubt he'll read this, but, well, I hope.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

moot the hopple posted:

I'm probably going crazy and this is probably the more appropriate thread to ask than the TVIV one, but was that Lennon Parham as the real estate agent at the beginning of last night's Mad Men? I swear I've heard that voice before but it's confusing me because it's not sternly telling me to turn around.

Yes and she was great

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

URRRRRRRRRRRRRRG for real, how can Eric the paid intern not get these goddamn video podcasts ready for broadcast by the time their audio versions are posted a full week later.

It's such a mild thing to complain about, but poo poo, Earwolf, if you're gonna do this thing, do it right, otherwise no one's going to care.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

UP AND ADAM posted:

Specifically the ones with the best podcasters- the Dalys, the Bessers, the Tompkinses- are treasured because the comedic prowess of these personalities is manifested in visual physical form as well as aural, and if you don't get to go to comedy or improv shows in major cities you will rarely see the whole package displayed in front of you. That said, I usually don't find time to watch most of the VPN podcasts.

Yeah. Really the only ones I care to watch are the occasional live-with-an-audience episodes of various shows, or Improv4Humans, since it's interesting to see, uncut, how the performers shape the flow of their scenes, how they animate them, and how they occasionally crack each other up. I would never prefer a video podcast to an audio one in general—I think most complaints are stemming from the fact that the video shows are being made available so late after their audio versions that their availability feels redundant. I'm certainly not going to delay listening to a show I like for weeks just so I can see the video version, after all. If they were available simultaneously, it'd be different.

Either way, the latest I4H was hilarious.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Best case closed ever; hope he starts doing it every episode. I know some people hate the segment because it's mildly intense and it eats up time for improv scenes, but I've said it before and I'll say it again—I would listen to Matt Besser chat and get furious about anything.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

So, I like Shots Fired and all, because I'm into the subject and I'm fond of the off-kilter amateur style of it, but how in hellllll did that show end up on the earwolf network?

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Episode 4 of Analyze Phish is just the goddamn best thing on the whole Earwolf network.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

As an honest Phish fan and an ICP sympathizer, the idea that either has "better music" or "better drugs" is a myth worth abandoning. It's all good. Embrace the anarchy, with yo busted rear end.

That said, I totally got on to the live call-in recording of Analyze Phish. It remains to be seen if I'll make the final edit, but I got to listen to about forty minutes of it on the phone. It's gonna be a weird episode.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

No, they're into podcasts, like all aged grizzled cool cats who are in touch with things.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

This is true, but they did a pretty good job of making something listenable out of that in the editing. Listening to it over the phone, out of context, the conversations so often sprawled too far afield from anything interesting that I was convinced the episode was gonna be a trainwreck. And I didn't even know there were guests in the room, though there may as well not've been, for what little they got to say. Weird experiment, having callers and two guests at the same time.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Howard Kremer didn't go?

poo poo. I'm not even a little bit excited anymore.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Well that was just the best.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Harris Wittels is evidently losing his poo poo over some slights made about his career and quality of work, so that's something. Kind of ugly and mean-spirited stuff, too.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

They need to fire Matt Besser so they can rehire him for the second season of the Earwolf Challenge. Duh

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

I can't find the post right now, but yeah, Reality Show Show is done too. No spinoff, no independence—just canceled. Pepsi just isn't satisfied with the in-earhole portrayal they've been getting. That said, does anyone know if Who Charted has any life after this season wraps? Once guest hosts enter the equation, usually means the show's circling the drain. Corporate is about to bring the hammer down, y'all.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

It wasn't a joke, though. And I know this is all speculation. I get it. But the mayor of LA has shut down podcasts before—don't think it couldn't happen again.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Honestly one of the reasons that I4H is so good to me is that, no matter who the players are, everyone's still beholden to the whims of Matt Besser. The Tim Tebow episode is one of my favorites because every minute of it is just tinted with one man's hilarious rage, and if the show were structured just straight scene-to-scene without his poo poo, it wouldn't be nearly as fun or unpredictable as it is now. I love that he'll occasionally walk in with a horrific story like that, or decide to just up and dominate an episode with debates about gay athletes and almost no improv. It's kind of a delight that he never holds back—even when it doesn't work, it's always interesting.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Politicalrancor posted:

Best podcast in the universe.

Seeing Besser on @Midnight (the ONLY reason I watched @Midnight) was fan-loving-tastic. "DID YOU HEAR? ITUNES VOTED US THE BEST PODCAST IN THE UNIVERSE!"

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

For the record, I still contend that @midnight is not worth it unless you really want to see the guests.

e: Also, the Choctaw and Besser were on the same episode, so if you're posting in this thread, it's kind of in the can't-miss category.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Besson posted:

I was in until I read "call-in" podcast. I couldn't do Call Chelsea, so I am not sure how I couldn't handle this one.

Yeah, people need to not do this. There's just no middle ground that's not cringeworthy. It always turns out either too deferential and usually boring, or too disrespectful and usually gross.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

They loving suck and their shtick is terrible, to hell with this thread I'm with you man

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

This guy on Professor Blastoff today is pretentious as hell and I wish him nothing but failure

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

I got a little bit drunk the other night and tweeted directly to Scott Aukerman that I wanted some loving T-shirts; the next morning I deleted the tweet and borderline blasted my twitter account off the internet, but the point stands, hey Scott, hey Scott—how about some loving T-shirts

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Based on y'all's recommendations, I've spent a decent chunk of my weekend (and pre-weekend!) burning through back episodes of Hollywood Handbook, and lemme tell ya, I'm pretty sure I've got a read on why no one listens to it.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Maybe cancel HH and give the boys another fun show where they just hang out with the posters in this thread and do whatever. Then cancel that one

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Hey Jeff before you check out go call up your boy for us and let him know that this Squarespace song ad y'all been runnin can go gently caress itself

e: send that poo poo to jukebox jury

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

It's good. It's funky.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

"When you build a house, what's the most important part?"
"The fou-uu-n-dation!"
"You know it! What's the least important part?"
"THE ROOF~!!"

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006