Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Riptor posted:

a worthy uh

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

moot the hopple posted:

Natasha Leggero's and Rikki Lindhome's new show Another Period on Comedy Central is also pretty great. The cast is killer and has a lot of mainstays you'd probably recognize from Earwolf appearances. Brett Gelman also plays a very Brett Gelman-y character in it.

#pissflaps

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

GobiasIndustries posted:

What other podcast advertising companies than Midroll exist? I don't know much about the industry, but if they're handling Earwolf (obviously) WTF and Nerdist, that's a pretty sizable chunk.

They don't have Serial, so their legitimacy is a little suspect to me, personally.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

For the hours of entertainment I already get, I'm going to pay for Howl whether I use it or not.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

piratepilates posted:

The Comedy Bang Bang: The Movie episode of Comedy Bang Bang.

She does it.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I am currently listening to RSS through before I get into HH, and I want to apologize to everyone who proselytized for Hayes and Sean a year+ ago and got ignored.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

n8r posted:

Yeah, but why put all that effort into the backlist element of the howl if they don't think there is value in it. The entire time they were stripping out the ads from the old EPs they could have been marking the locations for ad breaks and using some sort of a software solution to insert new ads. I am quite sure that smaller advertisers could be attracted to the old episodes, OR they could up their numbers for current advertisers by having the tech to insert the new ads.

Considering they wrote their own streaming app, it would have been trivial to break the mp3s where they took out the old ads, then stream new ads at each break.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

If I'm spending low-to-mid four figures to promote my business, there's no way in hell I want my ads in some old Comedy Bang Bang episode from 2013.

Considering they wrote their own streaming app, they would know exactly what ads were played to how many listeners, and could get paid per ad play. It would be irrelevant what show or episode.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Mr. Squishy posted:

I go to sleep to old episodes of CBB, and in that liminal state my mind is most vulnerable to advertisements.

Extremely bliminal.

DESPICABLEME2

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I like how there's a show on WolfPop hosted by a woman named Deanne Rafael, whose voice sounds exactly like June Diane Raphael, and is also the only other person on Earth besides June who pronounces it "ray-fee-ul"

You mean June's sister?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Why the hell does Howl want SMS permissions?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Help Im Alive posted:

I think he's just kind of frustrated at the amount of attention/praise Larry David's impression is getting when his own Bernie is really a lot better and has way more time put into it. Like he's been doing Bernie for months at his live shows/on podcasts/videos etc without really getting much recognition, and then the SNL debate video gets like 3 million views in a day

Yeah it's hosed up how this is the first time in history that someone who worked hard didn't get what they wanted

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

The Berzerker posted:

looooooooool oh yeah he`s that guy in the Tig documentary who had the wife that was gonna be Tig`s surrogate

more importantly he doesn't know how to use doors

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Maybe it's just me, but for me, I don't like Matt Besser

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Lol if you think Raised By TV is ever going to be anything other than them half-remembering things and screaming back and forth/over each other.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

But also a bunch of spine tinglingly creepy poo poo about how special and amazing the woman he abused is

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Nemo posted:

Like a butterfly going through that one process.

When you cover your gennies in wet paper towel?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

PFT #RIPossible

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I have no problem paying for content but all I've heard about the widow Howlapp and now Stitcher is that then apps are garbage.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

My steering wheel doesn't have a skip button so I listen to every second of everything

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

The Stitcher app is so bad...

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

I listened to half of Ep 2 which was labeled Chalk Talk but was Jack Bauer

Then when I resumed it, it finished off as the actual Chalk Talk

Then I started Jack Bauer which was listed as Ep 3 and it was Chalk Talk.

loving Stitcher

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

On Stitcher premium,

HH is no-ads
HH Ad Version is that plus the best Ad reads on the internet
HH Pro is a different show

Right?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Thx I need to subscribe to Pro

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Man, that Carlin bit is legitimately awful

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Help Im Alive posted:

It's a dark day

i think i'm skipping a hollywood handbook

"Is this our worst Pro Version ever?

No, there have been some really bad ones."

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Start from the beginning of RSS honestly

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Franchescanado posted:

A singing Drew Tarver character is guaranteed to make me lose it.

It's phenomenal

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Pretty sure it was the Pro Version Chef Kevin’s Episode Ideas

Wait no it was Employee Reviews

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

If I join a Patreon for a podcast like Flagrant Ones or Doughboys Double or something, how do I get the episodes? Are there private RSS feeds or something?

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

That was probably the best HH of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Hayes is bae and I Stan him and he is giving me life