Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

plastered quack posted:

I wonder what Godin's opinion is of all of those Pepsi ads.
Did Scott write the ad spot for the Pepsi ad, by the way? He sure does like using the phrase "Ear-hole," even before those spots showed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Nemo posted:

The Reality Show Show is simply amazing. I've binged through half the backlog in the last couple days.

The retro Tanks But No Tanks bit absolutely killed me. Kevin Smith going home was great too.

I don't watch any reality TV, but I can follow along just from what I've seen on The Soup. The fun of the podcast has very little to do with shows they watch anyway.

This is the exact same path I'm on right now, down to the episodes.

However, it did take me three episodes to figure out they were saying "Eliminated" and not "Lemonaded."

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Mar 3, 2013

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Wait, so is the concept that every character gets their own differently formatted (failed) podcast?

Because that would be delightful.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Sounds like it. That means there's a limited number of episodes though
If there's a full 40-minute Danny Mahoney/Life of the Party, Inc. episode, it will have been all worth it.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Greggy posted:

For the last several seasons they've had several tiers of membership where you get extra physical items because listeners have said they want to give more money but Matt and Jimmy didn't want them to just toss extra money at the show and get nothing in return.
They've also said they think the idea of a donation button is kind of tacky, which is why the tiers were introduced.

They did a $250 personal phone call package for a few seasons, but that was always advertised as the dumb gag tier for stupid people who like awkward calls.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Help Im Alive posted:

It'd be kind of neat if the podcast was them hearing it for the very first time
Considering it's free to download, couldn't they do the entire thing track by track without having to cut songs short?

That's how copyright works, right guys?

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Did I go absolutely loving insane or did REM get good? Hope sounds like a loving Dan Deacon track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I swear this dude in Red Dead Redemption 2 is doing a Paul F. Tompkins impression: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfgRjcw4T4k