Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Off Book is clearly kinda magical even as a recorded show, but their Just For Laughs live podcast was so cool to see done in person. They’re touring, so consider checking it out!

Piquai Souban fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

“What kind of books did you like when you were younger” was pretty funny.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

The Larry Charles episode last week was real great!

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

I'm going to listen to every episode until they dive deep on Wiger's time working on the Sopranos game.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

All-time How Did This Get Made with Drop Dead Fred - try and watch it before you listen this time in particular.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

My Stitcher Premium sub ran out: do I have what it takes to wait less than a week for the labour day promo codes to come out?

edit: LABORDAY is active, 30% off! :)

Piquai Souban fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 29, 2019

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

I won't get too specific, but this week's How Did This Get Played? episode is a really interesting lesson.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don't think I ever would have listened to an episode of HDTGP

I just want to say that the actual podcast is surprisingly good, and it's worth checking out episodes here and there. We all know Wiger is great, but HAC and Matt are new to me and I really like them.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Maybe some episodes, but I’ve been surprised by their heartfelt enjoyment of some weird things, like Typing Of The Dead.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

I hadn’t started it but made sure to get 10 hours in before this episode dropped after they announced it, and it is a joyous listen.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Think there are a couple of community replacements in the works leveraging the old codebase, here’s hoping.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

https://unofficialrss.com/ should help.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

How Did This Get Played covered Hypnospace Outlaw, which I loved and I believe is a goon game. Dunno about the male guest though.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

No spoilers I noticed, to the point that I wondered who made it to the endgame.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

In a wild twist, some folks from the comedy world seem to indicate that an FBI tweet identifying insurrectionists features Jay Johnston from Mr. Show and the Sarah Silverman show- and don’t sound like they are kidding. Jonah Ray, Dave Anthony, Andrew Ti..

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

ManoliIsFat posted:

I think the basketball angle to it really messed with people's minds. They understand trading cards, and here's some NBA endorsed thing that like digital trading cards! The analogy is pretty striaghtforward. Now how you use atheneum to gas a signing of some JPEG, that "implementation detail" doesn't matter to them. People just know some worthless piece of paper/collection of bits can get sold for more than they paid for it.

I think this is right - people who see issues with Bitcoin have been all over this (thinking of the Blocked Party hosts).

Not looking forward to other sports who are probably already tripping over themselves to imitate.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I hadn't thought about it but it is pretty funny that Mike Mitchell is the one in a Chris Pratt action movie and got to be in an everyone lined up with guns promo shot.

Gabrus should have tried to stunt double or stand in for Mitch.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

ManoliIsFat posted:

It's quickly becoming my (2nd, after Action Boyz) favorite podcast.

It convinced me to watch both Addams Family movies - and both were unexpectedly great!

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Earwolf will at least slightly outlast Lowtax.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

https://youtu.be/KpelkMBAD2o

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

JethroMcB posted:

I will hop on AD's patreon in a few months, when there's a backlog of content. This month I think I might catch up with the Sloppy Boys' back catalog of Blowouts.

Money well spent! The Blowouts rule.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Sarah on HH is a former co-worker’s sister and she rules!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don’t usually listen to Scott Hasn’t Seen episodes if I’ve not seen the movie, but I think I’m gonna make an exception.

Honestly, Blank Check and SHS episodes have talked me into movies I should have seen or never considered seeing and I’ve had a grand time. Used Cars and Barbarella and Earth Girls are Easy jump out at me.

Piquai Souban fucked around with this message at 14:54 on May 1, 2024