Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Improv4Humans quickly jumped into my top 5 podcasts and it's really been on fire lately. Anyone that hasn't checked it out should definitely listen to the Lennon Parham, Jessica ST.Clair & Jason Mantzoukas episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
That boardroom scene might be the pinnacle of cinema

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
With the way the Earwolf Challenge was set up it made it pretty unlikely that a non-"chat show" podcast would win just due to the sort of challenges that had to be done

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
As another dirty Swede I'm fairly sure it was "just" a standup show

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy

Glitterbomber posted:

But there's really nobody who was doing that were saying 'only hug your kids do nothing else' and they didn't think it was some magic spell to protect them from a dragon, it was the day of a horrific child slaughtering and parents and people of faith reacted with shock in really normal ways.

At least with his atheism stuff he usually only brings that kinda stuff out when it's some crazy person talking about how they all have no morals at all and are corrupting society or whatever, this just felt really bitter and mean for no reason.

I will say that I definitely saw a lot of "This is not the time for politics, hug your children instead" on twitter which is kinda bullshit imo. Not the sentiment itself of showing your family love but that it implies that the people who want to do something about gun control are the ones being assholes
Edit: On a less serious note: I wish I had more Paul Rust and Dominic Dierkes in my life in general

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I just assumed that the live shows would be dropping as regular monday CBB's

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
It's The Last in Line. That whole album is great

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
#40 with Seth Morris, Adam Pally and Gil Ozeri, right? Or 31 is the other one with Pally and Ozeri because it was without a doubt those two guests involved

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I might just be a big ol' idiot but I love mispronounced poo poo. Big reason why Ben Schwartz's segment on the CBB TV show was the best thing I've seen all year. I think doing a show on VPN would really help HH so you can see when people break off-mic

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
As someone who has subscribed to NNF for a long while I would be kinda peeved if they just made the entire archives available for free and I'm sure I'm not the only that feels this way. So it would probably not be the greatest business move and not only because of the money they would lose from archive sales.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
This Dave Thomas segment has pretty much killed me for all time for ever

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I especially love when Mira is incredibly mean and lovely about peoples appearances

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I think Jordan Morris said something to the effect of being told to be the worst version of yourself

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I'm just now catching up to the latest episodes of I4H but it's pretty obvious that Matt Besser doesn't know what the word censorship means right? Those sun kill moon arguments are among the dumbest things I've heard. He both says that the market will decide and people won't buy stuff if a person is truly hateful but it's also censoring the artist if you decide you're no longer a fan of them

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I don't think an Android app that works the same will ever come out to be honest. That seems to be the way that it usually goes

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I listened to the story on NNF and it's not super detailed but it's not surprising to me that one of two black guys on an otherwise fairly white set would not find ironic racism directed towards them real funny

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Nicole Byer is up there with Dave Thomas for GOAT in my opinion

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Oh man that might have been the best Hollywood Handbook ever. Maria Thayer is just the greatest

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I mean they were inducted in the rock n roll hall of fame recently so I guess its a relevant question

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I just assumed Chris had heard that episode since it seems like the type of thing he would love
Edit: Oh man that dumpster reveal was great

Thelonius Van Funk fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jun 15, 2016

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Im just now listening to the latest hdtgm and I just have to say that a regular person giving 400 bucks to the podcast with the most ads and three succesful actors that work incredibly consistently blows my god damned mind

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
The lifeguard thing is from that receng poster showing pool safety where literally all the black people are doing the bad pool things and only white people do the good pool things right? Which seems like maybe not the hugest deal but it's also ridiculous that no one noticed it prior to printing

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I would even go so far as to say it's bonkers

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
As someone who doesn't even live in the US and could never see the show and also likes actual rap instead of weird broadway dad rap the past year(jesus christ) of constant Hamilton talk on every podcast has been insufferable

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
After seeing the ads on stage and what Ive heard about the pricing this festival really feels like a big ol' scripps money grab

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I have had all the episodes of Reality Show Show downloaded on my phone for a year preparing for this day

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Jimmy has been yelling at Bernie Sanders for nigh on two years so I wonder why

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I listen through all of RSS about once a year and it's always the best

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
All the ones with script reads are tied for best episode

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I just got Stitcher Premium, what is worth checking out apart from the Pro Version?

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Has anyone else been having trouble with the unofficial RSS feeds for Stitcher Premium the past few weeks?

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
I can not get over how terrible Death Stranding sounds

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
My girlfriend never saw the originals as a kid and she thinks the OT is okay, the prequels suck poo poo and the Disney sequels are the best three. My bet is that this will wind up being the same for Lauren and Nicole or anyone without the nostalgia glasses.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Going through Kevin's tinder profile is one of the first ones but I love it so much

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
R u talking Princes Album Disc's to my Prince Albert Dick

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy

feedmyleg posted:

It's posts like that that keep me from giving Flagrant Ones another shot.

I just started listening after Hollywood Handbook moved and I really like it and I have seen 3 total basketball games, of which 1 was college basketball and the other two were the Swedish team in the second division named after a local pressure-washer company.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy

jeff posted:

"I resigned a month ago and was going to work til November"

How do they suck? That's a long time to keep an employee on the way out around.

I mean a company tries to keep someone longer in order to on-board a new employee for their own benefit, not that employee's benefit? If I quit and agree to stay for a few extra months that is me doing them a favor, not the other way around.