Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Does anyone here listen to Fogelnest Files? I've seen a handful of shows now with guests I like but never got around to listening to them because I'm at best indifferent to Fogelnest as a host. This last one had Eddie Pepitone and Matt Oswalt (who writes the Puddin' shorts, and is the guy eating the pudding) so I might just have to listen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I don't know who Eddie Deezen is either. :ohdear:

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

God the guests on this past week's Yo, Is This Racist?s were loving awful. I could only make it through one of the episodes but they were the worst podcast guests I've ever heard. Granted I mostly stack the deck in my favor because other than CBB and Superego I usually only listen to podcast eps if I like the guests.

Zsinjeh posted:

e2: New CBB tomorrow awww yeaaaaah!! With video too I presume?

I'm going to be sad and happy if CBB always comes with video now, happy because it's pretty awesome but sad because it means I will never be able to listen to the audio again while doing other things, I'll have to watch the video.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Feb 18, 2013

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

What show was it? I completely forgot about that thing.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

drat now I really want some sausage.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

urk the quack posted:

Just a reminder, today's live streaming episode is a Who Charted? with PFT. Should be a good one, starts at 9 EST.

:neckbeard: Thanks for the reminder, I keep forgetting the Thursday live shows exist. I'm glad they're not live streaming a Two Charted again. That was lame.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

So the Who Charted with PFT should be released tomorrow, right? I forgot about watching it live even though I was reminded mere hours before it started by someone in this very thread. :v:

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Ah, it just wasn't on the featured page for some reason. I always forget to check the uploaded videos section.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Again I am reminded how nice it is to have someone on Who Charted who actually knows poo poo about music. I wish Reggie Watts would replace Howard on WC.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Well, I think whenever Reggie talks seriously about music it's pretty interesting. Plus he's really funny. Way too high to host a podcast though.

I think I like watching Howard on WC rather than listening, because I can see his facial expressions and see that he's at least a little bit playing his dumbness for comedy. Listening to him it just sounds like he's straight up dumb.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Andy Daly on I4H!!!

I wonder if his show is done shooting. I hope he can do CBB a little more in the future.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Jerkface posted:

I know poo poo all about star trek despite making a gimmick character about it :v: The voyager wiki I found was unclear about the quadrants at cursory glance. You'd think at the head of the alpha quadrant it would have said: 'EARTH IS HERE!'.

But its probably common knowledge for someone that watches the show :)

The quadrant system is actually based on the location of Earth: the border between the alpha and beta quadrants is the line drawn from the galactic center through Earth, and the other axes are drawn logically from that axis. Why everybody in the galaxy seems to use a quadrant system based on the location of Earth, even enemies of the Federation, is beyond me.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

The quadrant system is actually based on the location of Earth: the border between the alpha and beta quadrants is the line drawn from the galactic center through Earth, and the other axes are drawn logically from that axis. Why everybody in the galaxy seems to use a quadrant system based on the location of Earth, even enemies of the Federation, is beyond me.

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERD

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Groucho Marxist posted:

Rob Huebel and Adam Pally are on tonight's live I4H!!!

Dammit, I'm not going to be able to watch it. I'll have to wait until next Thursday to see it, won't I?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Skywalker OG posted:

Stopped listening to Comedy Bang Bang because christ when it's not funny its horrifying.

Thankfully it's never not funny.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

There are still plenty of episodes without any awkward guests.

The vast majority, in fact.

Bringing an unproven, questionable first time guest on with only one other proven guest was not the best thing to do but the last one of those was like 4 months ago (the Chris Fairbanks and Nat Faxon episodes). Since then they've usually been on a 3 guest episode and if they turn out to be a dud then they usually just clam up and the other two make the ep work. A couple of them have even been pretty good (Steven Yeun and Billy Eichner come to mind).

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

The videos seem to go up around noon pst.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

The videos seem to go up around noon pst.

Way to make me look like an idiot, Earwolf. :argh:

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Lugaloco posted:

Has it never not been? I'm so glad I started to listening to stuff outside of CBB, because there's gold in them Earwolf hills. The I4H Adam Pally episode a couple weeks back was just loving amazing.

Some are just pretty good. But I don't think I've heard a less than adequate episode yet.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Speaking of, what was the live show last night?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

KimT posted:

Awesome line up for the live I4H in 25 minutes - Ben Schwartz, Horatio Sanz and Lauren Lapkus.

Oh boy I might actually remember to watch it this week! It'd be pretty amazing if I managed to forget in the next 10 minutes.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

GraPar posted:

Anyone watch this? Was it half as amazing as it sounds? Easily three of my favourite semi-regular Earwolf guests.

Yeah it was pretty great.

Production posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGfwUfixUdM&t=4035s

Lauren Lapkus is having a really hard time with DemoniusX.

It's funny that she was more disgusted by the first Youtube guy. I mean that fleshlight guy was pretty gross but I'm 100% sure that other guy has bodies in his basement.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Autumncomet posted:

I'm going through the backlog for the Yo, Is This Racist? podcast. I'm kind of sad he seems to have switched back to the shorter podcasts of one a day. It makes good background noise and the host seems like a chill dude. :unsmith:

Andrew Ti? A chill dude? Hmm. I guess he is on the podcast (maybe more resigned than chill tho) but you should read the website sometime.

I've gotten used to the shorter episodes but the only thing I don't like is they replay the same intro and outro all week. Especially when the intro is like a third of the entire episode.

Also, everybody should check out Milana Vayntrub's (one of the recent Yo, Is This Racist? guests) channel Live Prude Girls and the series Let's Talk About Something More Interesting on said channel. It's loving hilarious. Milana and Stevie Nelson are so good at their characters and they have such insanely good chemistry. I mostly don't have any idea who the guests are, but they're still funny. And they did an episode with Bob Odenkirk recently.

e: oh man, the comments on the recent "Black Metal" episode are hilarious: http://forum.earwolf.com/topic/11295-episode-136-%E2%80%94-black-metal/

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Apr 27, 2013

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Evil Agita posted:

It's certainly not for everybody. It also helped me realize Brian Posehn isn't that funny.

His last standup album didn't do that for you?

I still think he's a good comedic actor, but yeah his standup is pretty pedestrian. Especially compared to Patton Oswalt, who talks about almost the same exact subjects but in a far, far smarter and funnier way.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I like Howard Kremer a lot more when he's a guest on someone else's podcast where he doesn't have to (try to, and fail at) drive the conversation and can instead just react to what the host is saying/doing. I'm actually laughing at the things he says on Fogelnest's podcast, which is something I very rarely do with Who Charted.

His music is still awful though.

e: I've never watched Fogelnest Files, is it basically just about showing weird Youtube videos and talking about them? I kinda like Fogelnest and would listen to more of it, but I don't really have any interest in watching/listening to people making fools of themselves. Apparently I'm the only one. I like it when I4H does it but that's only because they're usually a good jumping off point for them.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 03:00 on May 3, 2013

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Groucho Marxist posted:

The best Fognelnest Files episode is the Andy Kindler one, because come on, he's showing Andy Kindler old hacky comics from the 80s.

That does sound pretty awesome.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I just figured it was short for Horatio.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Have they done an M. Night Shyamalan movie? I can't remember them doing one, so I'm glad The Happening is taking such a commanding lead. Space Jam is a movie they have to do eventually as well.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Here's the last I4H episode on Youtube finally if anyone hasn't seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUJMi04JcDg

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Wow this guy is a piece of poo poo. Like, even disregarding his awful opinions. He's incapable of owning his opinions and taking responsibility for the poo poo he says. He acts like he's so open minded and magnanimous while not actually budging a millimeter on his lovely opinions. He can't even come up with the bare minimum of an argument or reasoning for those opinions, he just keeps repeating "You're right, you're right," even though he clearly doesn't believe that. He's such a loving passive aggressive coward. It's hilarious how he's backpedaling like crazy and trying to sound like he's reasonable, but then Besser reads one of his tweets and it's the most ridiculous homophobic poo poo.

e: does it seem to anyone else like every time he says "the media" he's mentally adding "Jew-run" in the middle of it?

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 10, 2013

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Any time I start watching that video even a little I end up watching the whole thing. Such a great episode.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Amy Poehler on I4H! :aaa:

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

I dunno what Vine is, care to share?

It's like instagram but with 6 second movie clips. Steve Agee is good at making them, predictably.

https://vine.co/v/b9022qin3n5 Here's one of Wittels' vines, I dunno if it's good or representative of his usual quality.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

The Senator Giroux posted:

If you haven't seen it, the ASSSSSCAT DVD has the four main UCB members, along with Horatio, Sean Conroy, Chad Carter, and Andy Daly in what I feel was the best improv moment ever.
But watching the original 4 play off each other is pretty spectacular and I do hope for that I4H episode.

It's on Netflix too.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

I don't understand what's happening in that picture.

Kulap is a man.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Today's I4H episode was easily one of the best.

They're also doing a live one tonight on VPN with Lennon Parham, Danielle Schneider and Pamela Murphy.

Thank you so very much for posting about it. I am utterly incapable of remembering there's a live Earwolf show on Thursdays. Well, I can remember it any other day of the week, but when Thursday rolls around it completely exits my mind.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Riptor posted:

I know its a comedy podcast and whatever but when the whole show is predicated on understanding nuance and being well informed

haha no it isn't

The show is predicated on everything being racist. Which it is most of the time. You may as well be complaining about characters on CBB not being well researched.

e: I don't know what Matt Besser said and I don't really care if this is accurate to his situation or not but a lot of people fall into the same trap of thinking someone telling them something they do is racist/sexist is the same as them telling them they are racist/sexist. It's not. Literally everybody does and says racist or sexist things occasionally. It's unavoidable. Everything we do is informed by our society's lovely views (past and present) on race and gender.

The difference between a good person and an idiot is when confronted with the idea that something they say/do being racist/sexist the idiot says "gently caress you I'm not racist/sexist therefore nothing I do/say could be racist or sexist." The good person say "Hmm, maybe that's true, I'll have to think about it. And if you're right I'll have to change that behavior." Not being racist/sexist is not a passive thing. You don't just decide "Well, I don't hate any races or genders, therefore I can do whatever I want without fear of it being racist or sexist." You have to actually think about the things you do and say. And sometimes the dumbest, smallest things can be wrong, and even though you may think they're harmless, viewed as part of a bigger picture they can be endemic of larger societal problems and be worth talking about.

I apologize for this dumb preachy tangent but it's something I've been thinking about lately.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jun 18, 2013

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Lugaloco posted:

Latest I4H video is up with Parham, Murphy & Schneider:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avdzKWuXsyE

It's a goodun.

Let us see those jimbo-jambos!

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

escape artist posted:

Is "Analyze Phish" any good?

Yes.

escape artist posted:

I love Harris and Scott... but it seems like the premise could run thin pretty quickly.

It doesn't.

escape artist posted:

vvv That's a shame. vvv

He's kidding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Jon Dore on Who Charted? live right now, for anybody who likes either or both of those things.