Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

I know you're joking around but lets be real for a sec: I don't mind the mini one question per ep tape a weeks worth at once format, but in practice they re use too much of the intro. This is a constructive criticism.

Yeah that intro is a killer. I haven't listened since RSS was still a thing but at that time there were episodes that were 50% intro. not to mention the outro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Also 80% of the guests are some guy on a UCB LA harold team and you've never heard of them.

Don't do this, this is gross. You're posting in a thread for a podcast network started by a guy whom I, and other people I knew who listened at the time, knew from being a writer on Mr. Show, and more specifically, being funny on the Mr. Show DVD commentary. Andy Daly, at the point he started doing CBB, was known as "some guy on a UCB LA harold team" at best (or that guy from Eastbound & Down but shut up), and that guy from that abomination known as MADtv at worst. Lauren Lapkus was just someone from a UCB harold team when she started doing I4H (or the girl from the Snickers commercial), and was mostly known for her I4H appearances when she started doing CBB. Same with a lot of I4H guests, especially earlier on.

What was I trying to say other than I have been listening to podcasts for way too long?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I wish Andrew Ti would've taken her to task for that, but, like many internet denizens, he avoids confrontation. A podcast like that should be hosted by someone who will actually speak up when someone says something dumb as poo poo. like Besser, except not white.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

The first episode of Spontaneanation wasn't that great right?

Or is that just me

I think it's just you. or different tastes or something idk

I think PFT overthought the improv section but things loosened up once Gourley chimed in, because he can't not be ridiculous. I liked the return of the monologue and guest segments from The Pod F. Tompkast.

The title and logo are pretty bad though. Seriously, what the hell

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Yeah I guess I'll give it a few episodes. It had it's moments

I think that logo really might be final though

I actually like it in pin form. I think my main problem with the logo is all the white space makes it look like whoever made it didn't know how to make poo poo transparent.

That tie is loving A+ though.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I think yall missed the "comedy-mad" part

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

nothing I like more than a nice frothy wine goblet of warm, unpasteurized heavy cream

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

is it just me or did Jon Gabrus' Hank Azaria sound like James Adomian's Tom Leykis?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

What were some of the best episodes of HH recently? I think I'm coming around on them.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

how does besser manage to find all these bands that sound exactly the same

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I wish Brett Gelman was on more podcasts (or that he would do his own one more often) because man he was great on the last I4H

If you don't watch Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail, you should at least watch the recent episode with Brett Gelman because his part is pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

I think the crazier the characters, the better that podcast works. It's the ones where they're doing (relatively) normal characters on a normal show that don't really work for me.