Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
I think I've listened to the most recent Improv4Humans 3-4 times now, it just slays me. It's a bit faux-pas (I guess?) to break character and laugh, but they do it so much in the background and it absolutely kills me because the scenarios change so often everyone sounds confused.

"Spoons...with holes in them?!"
- "Pleeease let me stay, let me stay plueaasheee let me stay"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Mob posted:

I already got a buddy into How Did This Get Made, but I'm also trying to get him to watch Birdemic, and I really don't know if he should watch it before he listens to the Birdemic episode or after. I'm leaning towards listening to the podcast first because hearing them trash it just makes me want to watch it again anyways.
I think what worked best for me was watching the Rifftrax version of it, and then How Did This Get Made. Because no matter how fun that episode was, there's no way I could stand watching that movie without help. And Rifftrax usually deliver their jokes in-between sentences so you won't miss precious story that'll help for the podcast.

e: I mean seriously, just those goddamn sequence of him driving is driving(!!!) me up the walls just thinking about it.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Holey Moley, I just watched that Smiley movie that Lowtax talked about in GBS
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3511675
The only reason I could see it be made was to be featured on How Did This Get Made. I don't know if they do movies currently in theaters, but I threw it their way over on the forums.

I'm still in schock after seeing that movie, jesus christ.
There is literally a scene where the heroine splashes some water in her face, just to get refreshed and when she looks back up in the mirror A HORRIBLE MONSTER IS BEHIND HER, then she turns around and IT'S NOT ACTUALLY THERE!
It's like it was lifted right out of the Paul F. Tompkins joke
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72XBnJFJeDM

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Wow, I have a feeling the next HDTGM is going to be a good one. Watching Sleepaway Camp now and it's one hell of a doozy. The jokes pretty much write themselves.
It's on youtube for those that want to partake in the shitfest https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePkcsSvnu0I

e: Every single time someone is murdered:
"It's you! It can't be you! What are you doing here!"
It's going to be such a shock when YOU are revealed at the end!

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Oct 23, 2012

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Popelmon posted:

The new How Did This Get Made was great. They were SO confused by the movie, I really need to watch it now.
It was hilariously bad. The baseball game they talk about length is a loving doozy.
Their gym teachers outfit, jesus christ.

Catched up on Totally Laime with Jason, still going with that soundboard apparently.
Despite that, very interesting hearing about his asthma and egg allergy, what a terrifying life being so deathly allergic to something so common.
Also whats the deal with comedians and getting stuck in riptides? PFT and now Jason.

e: Anyone listened to the latest Fogelnest Files? James Urbaniak is a favorite, and Jonah Ray is usually funny as well. Looks like a fun lineup and good it's back to being for a live audience, I thought they scratched that for a while.

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Oct 30, 2012

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Goddamnit, I have to stop listening to Improv4Humans while in bed before sleeping. Crying from laughter is not really sleepytime behavior.
First the Ghost of Edgar Allan Poe and now Ben Schwarts at a live show.

And yes, I'm also eagerly awaiting the D&D episodes. I've never played or listened to any episodes outside of our own Yogscast doing it a couple of times some years ago, and that was loving hilarious.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Yeah I really enjoyed that one too, but I figured it can be a bit too much if you don't necessarily enjoy Bessers rant about atheism and talking about Victoria Jackson all episode.

(Which I do! gently caress you Christians, atheist agenda fo lyfe :smug: deal w/ it)

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

SpacePig posted:

I also like when someone misspeaks or uses an incorrect turn of phrase, and someone immediately jumps on it. I wish I could remember what it was in last week's show, but it kills me every time it happens.
I love this too. Especially the one where someone (or all of them) don't know the difference between egg styles.
"Eggs over hard?!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnnikublyDA
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/over-hard/

e: haha, nice didn't realize my recent favorite comedian Adam Pally was on that ep, figures.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Glitterbomber posted:

After reading this thread rave about it I finally started listening to Improv4Humans. I've only listened to the newest episode but I was in stitches, thanks goons!
Glad you're on board! Now go check out the Over Hard episode. Listened to it again last night and that goddamn Egg-castrophe has me in stitches everytime.
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/over-hard/
Adam Pally, Seth Morris, Gil Ozerl

Another really great episode is 'You Got P.Ranked!'
The KISS Army and a Guitar Hero literally going to war is a great highlight.
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/you-got-pranked/
Paul Scheer, Casey Feigh, Joe Hartzler

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Looks like I'm the minority, but I love Eric the Intern. He's so loving terrible it's hilarious, and makes for some great improv.
Anyway, gay marriage why or why not?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I sonder if that weird conservative polish guy uploaded his video of Eric to YouTube. I'd love too see him in his lazy hair, batteries flying all over the place with the engineer standing behind him laughing and/or doing all the work.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

UP AND ADAM posted:

Hey, just informing you that only one person has said they dislike Eric the Intern so you aren't in the minority there.
Okeydokey. Should pot be legalized, why or why not?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Oh boy, Twilight: Breaking Dawn:; Part 2, here we go!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Nerd Poker did not dissapoint! I have no idea how D&D works or how long the games are, but I'm hoping for future comedy guests playing this. I would love to hear the banter and reasoning for their choices in future eps.

I mean just imagine Jason Mantzoukas as a super-horny hairy gnome who uses his comedic wit to think his way out of scenarios. I know it's a bit stretch of the imagination but it could be great!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Oh cool, 53 new posts in the Earwolf thread, I hope it's not a derail about poo poo noone cares abo-:stare:
Cool to see you here Jeff! Like said before, it's really neat you reached out to a forum outside of your own.

Anywho, I'm listening to the Best of Improv4Humans 2 and laughing all over again to the ghost of Edgar Allan Poe and Eric The Intern at the Beverly Hills polling place.
Would love if Eric got an account here as well, I'd love to see a writeup on how he actually got where he is. He just casually mentioned once that he was from Alaska or Washington originally, signed up for an Improv sketch intern (despite only watching "that one show") and now he's a genius programmer for a facial regocnition software?
I mean, what?!

Although I guess he probably already posts in TCC.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

little munchkin posted:

Yea something like that. He's far from a comedy fanboy or anything, he only found out about the internship from a friend who hung out on the Earwolf forums and saw a posting.

They do a hilarious bit on that in the all-Eric I4H episode. Eric as an apathetic confused stoner who becomes president after his buddy tells him to check it out.
Oh wow, completely forgot about that sketch, I'll dive back in.

Regarding the Stamps.com commercials they are hilarious to jump forward through when Scott is voicing them.
It's that time again!
*skip 15 seconds*
Hate lines?
*skip 15 seconds*
...Post Office?!?
*skip 15 seconds*
...WORK for YOU!! Yeah!!!
*skip 15 seconds*
aaand we're back.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Holy poo poo, that list looks amazing!

For a dirty Swede like me, what actually was the CBB live show? Was it exactly like the podcast but live and more improv with the audience stuff? Most of what I know is that Doug had to apologize to them a lot when his Doug Loves Movies podcast ran long :v:

e: vvvv Tja! :sweden:

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 8, 2012

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Thank you Jeff! This has been a fantastic year for Earwolf and that recent Facebook news about a new big show coming sounds interesting. Got through a tough move and leaving some people behind, and listening to the great shows that came out around Christmas really helped me power through it.

Big thanks to Matt Besser for the Gun Control episode of I4H! Really awesome mix of a nice talk about the horrible incident in CT and managing to get some laughs in the darkness of it.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I didn't have an opinion on Kremer before, but if he's breaking our SA forum rules well...<:mad:>

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Dec 26, 2012

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

New Improv with Seth Morris, Brian Huskey and Joel Spence! Santa was a bit late, but it's the best Christmas gift of all!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

jeffullrich posted:

We've already had that meeting with Besser. He wants to add people from the Earwolf Forums to that list as well.
Send him over here! (So he can yell at the General Bullshit sub-forum instead :v:)

The latest improv episode, with the twin brother episode has be the funniest skit I've ever heard so far. I'll never be able to focus on a boring conversation or speech again without imagining a super chill Raiders fan living inside their belly.
Yo.
Sup.
Suuuuuuuuuup.
Raiders! Raideeeeerss!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I don't really like Phish (had never heard of them before this series) but I like the way they're played in the podcast, in small segments until Scott goes "alright alright alright, turn it off I can't take that guys voice anymore". So I wouldn't mind if it keeps going as Analyze Phish instead of Fish

The part where Scott cuts him off every second the song starts because he think it's terrible had me rolling. Especially when Harris gets increasingly agitated and starts apologizing to the band "in case they're listening".

e: Haha, oh man, every song where it's a nice jam and then the second the singer comes on Scott cuts it off. I'm laughing all over again just remembering.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Goddamn they are really going all-out on the instagram filters on the Comedy Bang Bang studio photos.
http://www.earwolf.com/episode/me-gusta-characters/

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

A show where one comedian tries to convert another would be so excruciating it'd be a must listen.
If it's anything like the Evolution vs. Science argument on the season finale of Always Sunny in Philadelphia, I'm all in.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

What the actual gently caress Jeff Ulrich. Reupload the episodes to Earwolf already! I can understand why you'd switch it around like this, but no man should have to endure the terror I was subjected to.

The CBB live show was set to private and paused just as I was watching the Would You Rather results coming in :negative:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Yeah they sure are taking their sweet time to upload those live shows :(

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

SMP posted:

Improv4Humans live this Thursday :woop:.
Awww yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

hoooly poo poo I'm watching the live stream that's still up on VPN of the Improv4Humans. loving hell Eric the Intern segment was the funniest thing I've ever seen. He flat out panics and goes into full-on Eric when the camera is pointed at him.

Best show and livestream!

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

barkingclam posted:

I only started on Improv4Humans a little while ago, but man, the live episode was great. My first exposure to Eric the intern, too. Is he always that awkward?
"Well I went to a date, but oh, she works here, she's going to see this. I didn't know this was going to be a video thing"
-"But she'd still be able to hear it!! *laughing*"
"Oh..yeah"

--- later ---

"She said are you going to order a drink. And instead of taking that as a cue, I thought it would be a good segway to talk about times I've ordered food online. It was a cake, but not like a whole cake, just a slice"

Those lines and pretty much the whole interview with him absolutely killed me.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

The Drone sketch on Kroll Show was absolutely fantastic.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Max22 posted:

That's a slick animated intro.
I was just going to say. I never was a real fan of Who Charted before (it always 'just' felt like a regular radio show, talking about charts and music), but it was much more entertaining live.

Did the Fogelnest Files pick up speed after the first couple of episodes? I got put off when it wasn't recorded live with an audience (which it clearly says on the itunes description :argh:) and it just became another show of two people discussing topic X in a studio.

e: (I use parenthesis way too much)

e2: New CBB tomorrow awww yeaaaaah!! With video too I presume?

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Feb 17, 2013

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I'm going to be sad and happy if CBB always comes with video now, happy because it's pretty awesome but sad because it means I will never be able to listen to the audio again while doing other things, I'll have to watch the video.
I know that pain. Luckily for me, as a filthy euro, the audio drops in the morning so I can listen it during commute and then when I come home I watch it all over again with video :buddy:

e: vvvv How dare you, that's supposed to be my thing! :argh:

Zsinjeh fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Feb 18, 2013

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Goddamnit VPN why are you so quick with pulling the episode and then late to put it on Earwolf. I can't be up at 3 am on a thursday :argh:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

They sit on eps for a full week before posting the full thing to VPN or the rss feed?
I'm not really sure what's going on. I checked the small clip they posted on thursday and an annotation said it was going to be posted later that day and stay tuned.
Chalking it up to baby steps.

e: I wouldn't really care unless for the fact that I really, really love the show and the fact that I miss it for a week because it's streamed at 3 am is killing me :negative:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Not sure if Jeff Ulrich still checks this thread, but it would be nice with a clarification on how the schedule works with the VPN and Earwolf setup.

Could the wait between live and readily available on Earwolf be shortened, why is it so long between?

Also, what happened to the first liveshow with Tom Lennon, was the sound unsalvageable?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

burmart posted:

Just listened to Reality Show Show for the first time only because PFT was on it. It was great, and I'll give it another shot.

Someone more industrious than I am should either 3) start a podcast feed that will only serve up episodes of whatever Paul F. Tomkins is on; or Nose) Start a Paul F Tompkins thread where we can be constantly updated to new episodes of podcasts he appears on.
http://trackpft.com/

e: Seems to have taken a break in updating since late 2012 though :(

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Finally took the plunge and listened to the Reality Show Show. Thanks for nagging about it goons, since it hilarious!
A one-armed Bachelorette contestant, loving hell.

jeffullrich posted:

Sorry I haven't been responding much. Busy, busy, blah, blah.

We are doing a live episode of The reality SHOW show on Saturday at 11am PST. The best part, you can call in! Sean and Hayes are looking for callers.

347-514-WOLF

Listen on https://www.earwolf.com/radio

Have fun and stop patent trolls!
Hey Jeff we had some Q's for you on the previous page. Mostly livestream related, you mind glossing over them real quick and settling some confusion we have? Thanks!

Basically, now that you're starting to get the hang of it, how is the schedule for the various shows in regards to being live and available on earwolf?
Does the wait between live on VPN and available on Earwolf have to be so long? The latest I4H is coming up on a week now, I don't think I can manage withdrawal that long man.

Also that first live CBB episode with Tom Lennon and folks, was the audio so bad it had to be pulled? You can't add it as an unlisted or something, I found it pretty good but never had the time to finish it.

How did the whole live stream come together by the way, any fun stories?
Big thanks for putting it up, watching the show live brings on a whole new level of entertainment from CBB. Listening to the podcast on the commute and then coming home to watch the video again is my new zen.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Aww yeah it's live! Thank you being free on friday and insomnia, 3 am and ready for some Improv! :toot:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

jeffullrich posted:

Just got word that they'll be doing the show live every Saturday at 11am PST. Which is all kinds of exciting for me! I love those guys so much.
gently caress yeah! I forgot all about it this last one, happy to try again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

The sounds that I made when Greg Tuculescu described those loving spiders. I don't think Ill be able to sleep tonight.
Me too, jesus loving christ. I was wondering to ask if they're even real but I'm not sure I want to know.

I mean, yeah goons are babies when it comes to arachnics, insects and the ocean...but these things aren't real are they...? :stare::respek::ohdear:

e:
#3 The camel spider can only run 10 mph. The reason people think they are being chased by camel spiders is that they are nocturnal and don’t like to be out in the open. To avoid that, they will follow your shadow. As your shadow moves, so does the camel spider.

areyoufuckingkiddingmeeaaaaaaaaa