Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Is anything ever going to happen with Brian Posehn's Nerd Poker D&D show?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
What's the update schedule of Nerd Poker? Is it weekly, or bi-weekly, or what? Is my question going to be answered automatically in a couple of days?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Nerd Poker requires some real effort to listen to. I feel like every time I zone out while listening I miss something important.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Analytic Engine posted:

If you want interesting & relevant Earwolf-related comedy discussion then read this:
http://nymag.com/arts/comics/features/upright-citizens-brigade-2011-10/#print

This is an incredible read.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Aww, I was hoping this was about Season 2.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
RIP Ell Ryan :(

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Not even good drugs can make Scott enjoy Phish.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dark Weasel posted:

Analyze FISH

SON OF A BITCH.

e: for the record, I'm ok with this.

I actually prefer this.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Why's that?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Who Charted? is absolutely required listening this week, unless you're one of those crazies who hates Howard Kremer. Steve-O is the guest and he's one of the most interesting people in the world.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

He looks too tall to be PFT. Jacobs was my first guess as well though.

the suit doesn't really look like PFT's style either.

Watch me be completely wrong.

You've been wrong for a while, it went up last night and it's PFT and Gillian. He looks tall because Scott is squatting to make him look tall.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Joementum posted:

I really enjoyed Nick Kroll saying, "PUT IT IN YOUR FACE-MOUTH!" on Parks and Rec last night.

I really enjoyed Harris Wittels saying, "What's up... I'm Harris."

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I can't wait for video Professor Blastoff. I hope that happens.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

The Berzerker posted:

Do all Earwolf shows have ad breaks in the middle? I listen to a lot of podcasts and I've only noticed it on the Earwolf ones I listen to (Posehn's, Garlin's for example). Most of the other shows I listen to have the ads up front, like WTF or stuff on the Nerdist network. What's the reasoning behind that?

A lot of the Earwolf shows have ad breaks that double as performer breaks, so when they come back from their break, you come back from yours and it's all natural.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I hate Jeff Garlin's podcast because Jeff Garlin only ever talks about himself and tries to get his guests to compare their lives to his. It's an astoundingly self-centered podcast.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

You must really hate WTF.

It's not the format I hate, it's just everything about Garlin.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I'm so glad Jerry's back. He adds some much-needed comic relief to a group that, for the most part, behaves predictably.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Mozi posted:

So people really do think those Simpsons things are sexy? The whole design of the Simpsons is to make them the ugliest people possible.

Understand how many people spent literally their entire childhood with only two exposures to sex: The Simpsons, and their own parents. Tons of people.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Paul Scheer mentioned something about The Arsenio Paul Show on the recent minisode of HDTGM. But I can't find anything about it online. Is it a yet-to-premier web series or am I a dumb dumb who was not paying close enough attention to a joke? Because Will Arnett playing Bill Clinton and Scheer as Arsenio sounds fun.

He mentioned how Bill Clinton played saxaphone on the Arsenio Hall show, you just misheard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTkUeb6zQFA

Edit: Or something? I don't listen to the minisodes but I remember him bringing this up somewhere else and I guess I conflated it with your confusion.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Yeah the plot moves glacially but it's still interesting and a fun podcast.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

The episode before last with the end of the battle was so tough to listen to. I wish they'd just wrapped up after the big fight instead of the DM making up deus ex machina off the top of his head urr-ing and um-ing as much as he was describing anything.
Is it typical for resurrections and deities saving everyone in DnD? Brian and Sarah seemed to have no idea why they weren't just dead and over.
I want there to be a new campaign already.

In context that seemed very reasonable, not so Deus Ex Machina as plot resolution. Saving a multiverse has its perks! Plus it's not like the story is made up off the top of Sark's head, he probably had that written long before it was visible in the future.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

If that's true of this instance and he's describing something concrete in his head, he's amazingly bad at it. Count all the "umm... sort of..."'s and pauses when he's describing the massive god thing. It was excruciating.

He describes it pretty well despite his verbal tics I think.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

soggybagel posted:

Wittels is killing it on Vine lately.

I dunno what Vine is, care to share?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Cochran is the guest?? yessss YESSSSS

E. FYI This guys a goon or ex-goon

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I like the idea but I have no idea why we need more than one of them. It's like a Space Ghost bit that someone decided to just keep doing over and over again.

And yet, it's really good, every time.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I missed it, is it still up?? Did I miss the post-broadcast pre-removal post-rebroadcast window????

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Why don't they just leave them up?? This is bullshit

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

Hi Jake, I just want you to know that you recognizing Jerry Seinfeld's voice on the Todd Glass show was one of my favorite things this year. Also don't go to FYAD it is a terrible place.

Don't listen to this guy

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Yeah I realized something smelled fishy in Innsmouth when they started talking about their old campaigns that lasted years. It's hard to invest in a story like that as a participant, much less listening to it in podcast form on a weekly basis.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Interesting that How Did This Get Made is a cool 25% more popular than CBB.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
sorry about your flimsy bowel movements jake.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Maybe they'll do a pre-taped call-in show.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ManoliIsFat posted:

Improv4Humans was excellent today. The music was just so much less lame then that Ben Lee episode. And the cast was just unstoppable.

IMO it's the best episode yet.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

LesterGroans posted:

"We are in Atlantis, that's correct?"

I was laughing out loud nonstop.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I bet Harris's rehab stories are amazing

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Hollis Brown posted:

I think all the crap Besser talks about with regards to exceptional long-form improv applied here. I feel like I especially picked up on when he talked about escalating scenes, and how it can be taken to great places without the characters themselves becoming completely unreasonable.

Yeah that's why it's so good, exemplary improv start to finish.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
That's Chris Pratt's character

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Just make Sean and Hayes guest host a different Earwolf podcast erry week.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Put Sean and Hayes on Yo Racist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

Zash Woods is consistently one of the best performers on I4H, with Horatio Sanz, Benny Schwaz and Jon Gemberling. Oh and Colton Dunn.

And Paul Rust and Lauren Lapkus