Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

yes im mad that I forgot them like a dilhole

E: oh and Gabrus and Sean Clements

And Gil Ogeri

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

jeffullrich posted:

There are no plans to cancel the show. Seriously.

But I'm curious, if we lose $15,000/year doing the show (and our production expenses are not high), why should we keep doing it? Instead of, say, investing in another show with greater potential, using it for employee bonuses, etc. Or I could take some money for a change, I have a young daughter and living in LA is expensive. For that kind of money, I could send her to the best international school in the city. Or upgrade from my Hyundai to, well, most anything else (I would of course choose the school).

Again, I love the show and don't have plans to cancel it, but your comment made me feel like it was fair for me to ask the question. There are real costs to real people to make these shows.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

IMO, Do What Thou Wilt

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Can you start updating episodes in EST?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Down with Armen Tanzarian

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
whens hollywood bowl analyze phish

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
ok thanks for the update.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
this sucks, imo. bad move for the cmpany this point forward

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
for one, I domt see this higher budget helping anyone. all I see is a cool underground hipster joint transforming into a fearsome corporate company, just like uhhh..... Gary Sinise in Snake Eyes

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
slime is in.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

The TGCS folks doing improv together is pretty great. Although it would've been a perfect opportunity to have Alyssa on. :o: I'm pretty sure she was at DCM. She's very new to improv but I still think it would have been fun.

Shannon oneill is my favorite improviser, she used to come to chucktown every year for the comedy festival but it's been a while so I'm glad to hear her

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

manyak posted:

betsy sodaro....... sucks

shes always great on improv4humans. frozen wogurt

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
rip the mank

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
keep in mind that improvisers prefer cutting to over staying here

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
improv4humans is god tier this week

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
armen weitzman and its a parody of itself

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Lauren Lapkus is for real about ghosts

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
spontaneanation was the name of the improv standup/longform sketch show Tompkins did with superego last year in charleston

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
theres no way a podcast could be as funny as any of those seven shows

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I think it's just you. or different tastes or something idk

I think PFT overthought the improv section but things loosened up once Gourley chimed in, because he can't not be ridiculous. I liked the return of the monologue and guest segments from The Pod F. Tompkast.

The title and logo are pretty bad though. Seriously, what the hell

it doesnt work as well without the audience suggesting local settings for the improv that PFT and co have never heard of and the whole show is them struggling to set their scenes, which was 4/7 of the original live shows that i went to, and none of you did.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
lake placid is a classic

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
besser doesnt think its weird to drink milk, he thinks its weird to walk to the store, buy a carton of milk and drink it all on the way home.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
no he didnt. he joked that if earwolf still doesnt give a gently caress by episode 300 he aint gonna be around anymore

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the other kevin

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

On the newest i4h Besser was trying to get a musical episode hater on. Can't wait for someone with whom I share a point of view to come on and really poorly argue that perspective. Just like every time.

Im sure if you tweeted at him you could get on

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
hes funny as heck live, I saw him do long form with jack mcbrayer and they were both really funny.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
scotts provocative improv style went too far

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
even jews are annoyed by old jewish ladies

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Riptor posted:

I think they confuse "being able to do a pretty good impression of someone/a type" with "doing a funny character"

its actually a flawless impression which makes the show awful and the racism understandable

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I just think it sucks

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
his gut reaction is right, it does sound like crappy white people rap

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Conrad_Birdie posted:

In the Heights is just okay with lots of moments of near-brilliance, but Hamilton is truly on another level and Matt Besser and many people in this thread have bad opinions.

finally, the broadway show that combines battle raps and the politics of former Secretary of State and president Alexander Hamilton.......thats next level poo poo.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
sorry I forgot. secretary of the treasury. which i guess is more appropriate for rap because its about money

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Poopy Palpy posted:

Is it theater nerds who call in SWAT teams as a hilarious prank so often that there's a word for it now?

no theatre nerds are the ones who think a rap musical about Alexander Hamilton is really good

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
shes hot too

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
del was comedy Jesus, besser is comedy mohammed

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

the Insane Piano posted:

It made me wonder if there is such a thing as dramatic improv or other kinds of not necessarily comedy improv?

one of my improv teachers talked about how your characters become much more believable if you practice serious non funny scenes

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
karan soni was hilarious on other space, I was happy to see him in deadpool

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I love them and liked the episode a lot but I was thinking that they seem to go against some of the improv rules Besser talks about sometimes (like the top of your intelligence thing) idk anything about improv though so maybe not and they're funny so I guess I don't care

rules exist to be broken

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

manyak posted:

Does earwolf really need a podcast specifically for smarmy manager/finance guys, that "Question of the Day" one? Todays episode "What to do when your Uber driver is less than Uber?" other ones "Business lessons from the Kardashians" "Should I prepare my kids to be billionaires?" "The most important issues faced by managers"

Cant they just put that on whatever podcast network has the million other HOw to get rich and be a Good Adult podcasts instead of on Earwolf

that podcast is really bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

Cameron Esposito continues to prove she is insanely unfunny and interjecting her weird and untimely feminist political jargon in the middle of funny and good bits is incredibly annoying.

it seems she considers herself a voice for her people and refuses to stifle her message