Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

http://www.earwolf.com/

This is the Earwolf thread, basically a catchall for the other Earwolf podcasts that don't have their own thread aka

Few names are as synonymous with improv as Matt Besser. Founding member of the Upright Citizens Brigade and a regular performer in the world-famous show Asssscat, Matt has brought his talents to Earwolf with a fully improvised weekly podcast featuring the best improvisers in the universe

Frustrated with the technological complexities of blogging and the harsh judgment he received from many therapy groups, Bob Ducca has taken to Earwolf to share his thoughts, concerns, meditations, recommendations, and ramblings. Catch him every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

Buzz Buzz Buzz! It's 1943 and you are listening to FDR's favorite radio show: The Apple Sisters! Candy, Cora, and Seedy Apple are here to sing, dance, and shill us out of the depression and into the future.

We've invited some of our favorite comedians to call in and leave messages on our answering machine. These are those messages. There are no guarantees: we don't know who is calling, when, or for how long. Intrigued?

Earwolf Presents is a way to showcase some of our hilarious Earwolf guests who aren't able to host a weekly podcast. There is no set schedule and no host, so you could consider these Earwolf bonus episodes. Enjoy!

The Fogelnest Files is a podcast taped live at the UCB Theatre in Los Angeles where Jake Fogelnest and some of his favorite comedians and funny friends revisit pop culture gems from the internet and Jake's personal archive.

The revolution will not be televised. The revolution will be podcasted.

Glitter in the Garbage is a celebration of all things fancy, classy, and important. Your host, Drew Droege, and his friends will play obscure celebrities who celebrate, fight, and feast upon the filth. It's like a salon, without all that boring intellect.

Have you ever seen a movie so bad that it's amazing? Paul Scheer, June Diane Raphael and Jason Mantzoukas want to hear about it! We'll watch it with our funniest friends, and report back to you with the results.

Love, Dad is a conversation about fatherhood between veteran dad Dave Koechner and brand-new father Jeff Ullrich. Learn each week what it takes to be a father from two guys still trying to figure it out.

The continuing adventures of Mike Detective, unlicensed and uninsured private eye! This hard-boiled noir serial stars Rob Huebel and is perfect for the whole family... assuming your family enjoys dirty words and wiener jokes.

Nocturnal Emotions with Har Mar Superstar features long conversations with musicians, actors, artists, and other people of interest focusing on embarrassing moments in their lives and careers.

Ronna Glickman & Beverly Ginsberg are the best-selling co-authors of You'll Do A Little Better Next Time: A Guide to Marriage and Re-marriage for Jewish Singles ("It says Jewish in the name -- but it's for everyone!"). These outspoken fiftysomethings from Boston, who can be seen regularly at the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre in LA, dispense their unique brand of relationship advice while

Shortwave host singer-songwriter Grant-Lee Phillips interviews fellow musicians about their craft, and guests perform acoustic renditions of their songs and new music that they're working on.

Come be a fly on the wall every week as Elizabeth Laime and her husband, Psychic Andy, invite a guest from the world of comedy into their home to hang out for an hour. Topics range from puppy dogs to sex dreams and everything in between!

The Wolf Den focuses on starting and growing a new business and interviews others who are influencing the business of new media. Part of the fun is hearing about the behind the scenes building of Earwolf.

the wolf dead

Politicalrancor fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Sep 20, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Deadpool posted:

I agree, I didn't even start listening to i4H until about three months ago. I've been trying to go steadily through back episodes one or two a week so I still have a little ways to go before hearing them all. But it's an incredibly solid show no matter who's involved usually. But you're right that when the right combo gets on there it's totally magic like that episode. About to start on the "Best of" that was released tonight. I figure I'll hear some stuff I've not hit yet on my journey through back episodes, but that's fine I'll get to them eventually.

Also, Politicalrancor, you are gonna do so some more with that OP right? I mean, it really deserves to have a little more effort put into it. Earwolf has a lot of great shows worth talking about there. I mean even if you just steal the descriptions from the website it'd be nice to put something in there.

I am, its just late and I was tired. Im gonna do pretty images and links for every show, but tomorrow, when my eyes will stay open.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Deadpool posted:

I think it's more the host than the guests. I really don't like Har Mar at all.

is the OP more to your liking? lmao

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Groucho Marxist posted:

The arguing about Carmelo Anthony and all the callbacks to it were great.

What the hell was besser talking about with Vince Carter? How could anyone think VC was anything other than surly.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

"KNIFE IS NOT A THING"

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

jyrka posted:

I think our own DocEvil is on The Fogelnest Files files today?

Ohhhh I think you mean twitter user @fart.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Hollywood and any industry (podcast) remotely connected to the entertainment industry runs on unpaid interns. It's illegal under USA labor laws, but it's unenforced and it's been that way for decades.

It's putting in your dues and hoping you meet the right people, get noticed, show you have some worth.

(oh and shhhhhh they're unpaid so they can keep people of unwanted classes out of the industry and keep it incestual shhhh don't tell nobody)

There is a pretty important law suit pending about exactly this, and apparently soon the free ride is going to be over.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

this mentions the black swan class action case and then there is another one I think, im having trouble recalling at the moment.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Don't be so certain that unpaid internships will end. This will shock no one, but movie studios have very, very, very good lawyers. I'm currently one of those unpaid interns so I hope the Black Swan interns win, but I'm not holding my breath.

And unfortunately even if they win, like Curt Flood (MLB player who sued to become a free agent) they will be blackballed and never work in this town again.

lol. FYI, a league with 24 owners colludes much easier than a far reaching, competitive industry.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Has anyone ever got through a full episode The Apple Sisters? It's loving terrible.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

I made it through 34 eps. What did I win?

The job of explaining "why?"

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm able to listen to podcasts all day at work so for the last two years I've basically heard every Earwolf show.

Me too but I can't do that show at all. I think I got 15 minutes in when I realized they weren't going to stop talking like assholes.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Deadpool posted:

Sleepaway Camp is a fantastic bad movie. They're gonna have so much fun with it.

It is and they are, though I am a much bigger fan of Sleepaway Camp 2: Unhappy Campers where Angela drowns a camper in feces.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Howard Kremer looks nothing like his voice suggests, or maybe exactly how he looks. Its terribly confusing.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

Man, this weeks Improv4humans was really good, especially the last bit. Wasn't sure how well Tim Meadows would do, but they put him on the spot and he did pretty well.

Tim as the neighbor shouting through the wall had me dying

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Who was the terrible guest scott mentioned on Kevin Pollack? Pretty please Jeff, I need to know.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

TFR is a couple of subforums up.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

indigi posted:

I guess Legendary buying Nerdist doesn't count?

you're really annoying, you know that right.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Fezz posted:

That was a great segment all around. Reality Show Show is hands down the best new podcast of 2012.

I love stuff like Lemonated and Work of Holics because Im down for the cheap laughs. Also I felt terrible for laughing through the whole Bachelor segment but jeez it was fantastic.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Scoobi posted:

Reality Show Show is Show Good. Episode 5 and 6 are insanely funny episodes to jump into if you wanna try it. Baked Potata!

Big Beautiful Baked Potata

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Also somebody here got a suggestion on I4H. Congrats, you know who you are.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

tnimark posted:

Yeah that was weird. Nobody else wanted to get on board at all.

It was still pretty funny, all things considered.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Max22 posted:

Was it me? Was it escalator?!

sorry, it was the person who suggested Mudbutt

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Mr. Squishy posted:

If you're ok with spoiling guests for yourself, click through to get hyped for tomorrow's Reality Show Show.

They don't even have time for the last two shows in the theme song

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Politicalrancor posted:

They don't even have time for the last two shows in the theme song

I guess I was wrong because they had time for an extra long "show" this week.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Calling in to reality show show is fun.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Oh bummer, they cut my call out of the recorded version of RSS.

Edit: NVM last call.

Politicalrancor fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 5, 2013

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

The sounds that I made when Greg Tuculescu described those loving spiders. I don't think Ill be able to sleep tonight.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Scoobi you terrific weirdo! loved you on RSS.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

cams posted:

It's why "You Made It Weird" is pretty much my religion now. I know this ain't the Nerdist thread but by god, Pete Holmes' constant positive energy and complete openness really gets to me and makes me wanna be the same.

LASER!!!! YOU ARE LASER!!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I think you have to see Ronna and Beverly live to really get into it. Their mannerisms really sell that these two attractive women are actually older Jewish women. Jamie Denbo is amazing as Beverly live.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

If you want some more Colton Dunn in your life, he and "What up, Im Harris" play stoner animal control guys on last week's Parks and Rec.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

KimT posted:

They keep it private until Thursday when they post the episode on the site I think. It's really pointless

I would imagine it has to do with generating page views on the earwolf site as opposed to on youtube.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

j8910 posted:

It's OK. It's got some good stuff on it. It's obviously not as good as when he has on comedians but they have some good discussions. It's not too political.

myy deeeeaaadddd

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Horatio as the head shop owner complaining about I4H's content was hilarious.

Also I need to know why Ben calls him Raj.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Conduit for Sale! posted:

I just figured it was short for Horatio.

Yeah but how?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Mozi posted:

Holy poo poo I do not want Matt to be angry at me ever.

VVV Besser...

Im glad he finally went off on someone for being an rear end in a top hat instead of maintaining some sort of politeness.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

The best part was Gabrus calling Besser out for saying "im right" at the end of the call, which was about as hilarious.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I can't remember exactly when it was but I cracked up at Gabrus being unable to help himself from piling on the guy because loving come on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

tnimark posted:

Considering that they've worked together pretty regularly over the last couple of decades and the fact that they've both been married for a long time, I don't think they're still going to be awkward about when they dated in 1999 or whatever.

I have some good/bad news to share with you about the state of Amy's marriage.