Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Greggy posted:

I really loved today's i4h. The callbacks were flying fast throughout. It definitely made me hope for a full UCB 4 episode, maybe with Horatio Sanz along as well, although that might be too crowded.
Now I really want to hear Amy on Comedy Bang Bang as a character.

She could be just a humble janitor whose only condition to work is to be paid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

The Senator Giroux posted:

If you haven't seen it, the ASSSSSCAT DVD has the four main UCB members, along with Horatio, Sean Conroy, Chad Carter, and Andy Daly in what I feel was the best improv moment ever.
But watching the original 4 play off each other is pretty spectacular and I do hope for that I4H episode.

Oh man, this is mostly off topic but when Curtis Gwynn aped Sean Conroy in an I4H ep a couple weeks ago, I lost it. The Zach Woods episode iirc.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Ronna and Beverly is so wonderful.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I don't understand what's happening in that picture.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

Todd Glass being on the newest improv 4 humans is kind of blowing my mind and I haven't even listened to it yet. Can he even hold it together long enough to do an improv scene?

I mean, how will he be able to do a scene without resetting it over and over.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Todd basically disappears for long stretches this ep, but it was still an ok episode.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

John Gemberling has a lot of opinions on loving animals.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Power of Pecota posted:

Really disappointed to hear this, I really like James Urbaniak/Marlo Meekins/Steve Agee. I'm still probably listening though.

I thought it was still pretty good.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Todd Glass excels on The Fogelnest Files

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

escape artist posted:

Thanks. I guess everybody thinks they're podcasters and reply with sarcasm, because it's oh so funny!

Huh I would have said comedians.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Fezz posted:

Is the live Who Charted? laggy for anyone else?

Yeah, I turned it off because it was going like 10 seconds on, 10 seconds off.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Matt does do a harsh German accent pretty frequently when he is portraying an authority figure. I don't always think of it as a Nazi voice but I could see how someone gets there.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/toast-points/

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Ahhh a Murphy Group reference in the Scott Auckerman episode of Who Charted.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Illinois Smith posted:

oh he confessed he's a troll, that's cool then

It's written by AJ Daulerio, who might be the biggest piece of poo poo ever. He was in charge of Deadspin after Will Leitch left and he basically turned it into a hosed up sports TMZ with almost none of the self awareness.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

JethroMcB posted:

According to the ever-reliable Wikipedia, your current Honorary Mayor of Hollywood is none other than Zapp host Chip Gardner.

Surprised they made no mention of Alan Funt. Though he is a fucker and a jack rear end

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

bobservo posted:

Anyone catch the Two Broke Girls episode of Yo, Is This Racist? I understand the writer couldn't necessarily bash the show he works on, but "we have to make jokes based on tired stereotypes because our dumbass audience loves it" strikes me as pretty disingenuous.

yeah its a weak rear end cop out. Is that episode the one Matt Besser called out on i4H?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

soggybagel posted:

Also Matt Walsh is from Chicago so he took personal offense as well.

Also also Chicago was THE diaspora point for southern black people. So you know. No black people in chicago. The third largest city in the country.

Don't go south of Roosevelt road.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Groucho Marxist posted:

Skip ahead and listen to the Entourage Writers' Room episode.

Oh yeeeah, the murphy group

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Can someone kindly explain this to me?

Thats a tv, you use it to watch tv shows or movies.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Jake Fogelnest google alert. The Old Fogeynest. BTW the dogboner ep was fun imo

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Meanwhile, The Reality Show Show has been relegated to the cancelled shows section of the listings.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I love Adam Pally blowing up and antagonizing people during improv.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Lugaloco posted:

I really hope those Soundcloud numbers aren't representative of the iTunes ones because it hurts to see I4H so low down. I honestly thought it would've been just behind CBB and HDTGM. It's by far my favourite Earwolf podcast and by far the most consistently great.

Best podcast in the universe.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Seriously though, Adam Pally was a genius on his HH episode.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

The_Rob posted:

All I'm sayin is that those guys bus me up and I usually laugh my whole butt off.

when they put a skull and two bones on RSS I was pretty worried but Sean and Hayes have like 30 companies so I don't know what I was thinking?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Benny Schwazzz on Hollywood Handbook!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I could listen to Sean say "Funn EEE" all day. Also I think Dominic is really funny but I feel like he kinda got relegated to the straight man the whole time.

I4H needs more Paul Rust btw.

Politicalrancor fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jan 12, 2014

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I feel like everyone was doing "and I'm Sean Conroy" voice, which was funny but it kept recurring.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Which episode was that again? I was trying to find that one a while back but didn't have any luck

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/there-there-my-bear-bear/ this one about 10 minutes in

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Power of Pecota posted:

Jake, I have an industry question, I hope it's not too inside baseball for you - what would Banksy be called if he was a dog?

Barkydog

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

speaking of Ronna and Beverly, thats a good podcast

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

As someone who watches The Bachelor and Party Down South and a number of terrible reality shows, I miss Sean and Hayes perspective on all the crazy. Like seriously, they would go ham on Party Down South, a show in which the cast had to reintroduce themselves after getting black out drunk the first day.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

soggybagel posted:

LARRY'S THE DRILL SERGEANT!

That episode way way back when they talked about U2 was hilarious. And it was one of the greatest episodes of CDR in my opinion. Adam Scott, Jesse Ventura, and Ice-T.

HEY BROS

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Beeez posted:

There's that too, but I think they'd be better served just shelving those characters a bit. As much as they love to talk about "canon", CBB isn't really a superhero comic book universe.

They are comic book nerds, they obviously are actively concerned about canon.

Also, this isn't the Doug Loves Movies thread, please stop hating on PFT and James Adomian.

Also, BEAR CAT SCANNER

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

wasn't it spearheaded by Carolla, who is doing his own tv show now instead?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

a_big_dog posted:

Matt Besser has the worst music taste of anyone in the world.

Harris Wittels likes Phish

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Conduit for Sale! posted:

So does Besser, doesn't he?

shhh, my jokes!!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I pretty much listen to Earwolf podcasts on the website, obviously thats weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

"I'm Bahá'í"