Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
The funniest thing about that I4H "case closed" thing was that that Dorkawhatever dude was such a little bitch when it came time to actually debate. He was so confident making posts on that dead forum but as soon as he gets a chance to talk he makes almost zero points.

Also, Besser always says Repubs and Bernie supporters are retarded (which is generally true) but he has never explained his die hard love for Hillary. I want to hear it because I guarantee it is the stupidest most out-of-touch reasoning like most of his opinions on things. That being said I do like Besser vs. the Audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Guys please note that I never said I don't like Hillary.

I guess he doesn't need to explain anything, but he is so opinionated about so many things, it just seems kind of weird to attack everything and anyone else and never explain your position about anything. I find his stubbornness entertaining and I think he's a funny person who is great at confrontation so when he clams up and makes the person who specifically called him out debate some random person I find it frustrating.

I can understand why he is guarding his opinion though, since he has some celebrity if he opens up about something as divisive as politics he will never hear the end of it through the devil beast that is the internet. I still get massive blue balls in my brain about it though.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

ElCondemn posted:

The debate was BS, the argument was whether or not Bernie should concede. It's a stupid position to take, especially if you believe he should be president.

Well it is all but assured that he will concede and Hillary will get the nom, it's just a matter of when he should concede that they were debating.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

ElCondemn posted:

It doesn't matter if you think it's assured or not, it's just a weak position to take in a debate. If the assumption is that he's lost arguing about his merits is pointless, all you can argue about is whether or not it makes sense for him to concede or not.

It's not that I think it's assured, it's just a fact that it is all but assured, my personal opinion on the matter doesn't really affect anything. And the debate topic was decided by the forums guy anyway, he chose his position so take it up with him I guess. Also, the debate wasn't about if he will concede but when he will concede which is tedious at best and boring at worst.

Anyway, ready for a really unpopular opinion? I love the music eps and I think they spark the best improv on the show.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOJzoWRINNQ&t=2749s

Here is the beastiality debate on youtube for anyone curious. What a great cast! Wish they still recorded their shows :'(

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

PBS Newshour posted:

Its amazing that they got lucky with two of their best episodes, that and the rainbow party one, got videos of tho

Agreed! I found the ep if anyone is interested. It's also the first time the trumpet guy is discussed on the show! I timestamped it right between the two segments of trumpet guy and Eric the Intern. If no one has seen these before, you really should. All the vpn i4h's are pretty kewl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe-V-ztn_5s&t=2356s

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

ElCondemn posted:

That's not what happened at all, the topic wasn't decided by the guy calling him out. Presumably Besser chose the topic of debate: "should Bernie now unite to fight with Hillary against Trump".
http://forum.earwolf.com/topic/34144-matt-besser-i-am-calling-you-out/

Yeah, upon listening to the episode it seems like a topic they agreed on ahead of time. In that thread there is a post made by an intern(?) giving details on how to join in the debate with the topic already determined as "should Bernie now unite to fight with Hillary against Trump". It seems to be like there was some behind the scenes discussion with the OP about what would be a clear subject to debate rather than "SAnders rules and Clinton drools". In his original post it seems a very general mad Bernbro calling out our lord and saviour Besser with no true focus on what ought to be debated. The Bernie supporter agreed to his starting position at the beginning of the debate which, I agree, is a weak position. I was just trying to clear up the topic of the debate, but in all honestly I don't really care about this boring segment of a pretty boring ep. Please let us just be friends and maybe talk about Hollywood Playbook instead?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
REally looking forward to Scrippsy the new mascot to make the rounds on all the shows. The only mascot with an arc.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I am real glad Bitch Sesh is pretty popular, it's my new favorite show. Hearing scatalogical stories, polarizing opinions on Hamilton, and funny stories mixed in with genuine heart-felt opinions about one of the best (worst) reality tv shows in history is a real heady cocktail. Never miss an ep!!!!!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Manos99 posted:

Tom bringing up the difference between New York and L.A. humor seemed like a pretty fun dig at Mike Lawrence. Hope it continues to be a running bit.

Yeah it was a good moment.

I honestly don't even know what Lawrence was referencing when he said "this is the difference between NY and LA". What was?!

The worst moment from that episode was when that turd said "Oh, a genuine laugh :smug: ". The moment of silence right after that was funny because you could feel Sean Hayes just astounded at what a contemptible weirdo that guy is.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Not Operator posted:

Business ideas for millennials:

-ironic soup kitchen
-match.com but for pets
-high tech toilets??

Hire me please, midroll.

Let me write your copy for you!

It's like the Netflix for soup kitchens!

It's like the Netflix for pet date sites!

It's like the Netflix for your lovely rear end!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

I wanna say CBB has been having ad breaks that long for a while now and I have no idea who's sitting there for 8 minutes listening to Scott try to sell a mattress. Podcast ads are so weird because on the big Earwolf shows they're longer than ad breaks on TV + are extremely easy to skip. Do the people buying ad time realise that from 75% of the people listening are just gonna hear 'This episode is sponsored...makes it easy...website...squarespace...offer code....welcome back'

I guess the solution is be funnier in the ads because Hollywood Handbook is still the only show where I listen to most of them

Yeah, I listen to HH ads because they do a great job of being really funny. It's pretty much just another part of the show or more accurately, like a miniseries inside the show since the ads will usually have a plot that follows throughout the show and sometimes into other weeks' shows. The Brett/adbot love story, Scott Aukerman torturing Hayes to read the Howl ads, the Wolfman Jack saga, etc. When they did the native ad with Besser, it was great.

The only other ad I remember enjoying listening to was the Fracture ad with Adam Scott and Aukerman on the UTU2TM Commentary ep. Great stuff. Rip Harris.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

time slows to a painful crawl every time Paul Scheer starts to read an ad. it's crazy

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Yeah, I'm on their yt right now and there is nothing there.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

Just wanted to say thanks to the poster who recommended Bitch Sesh, it's turned into a must-listen for me, Casey & Danielle have fantastic chemistry and the subject matter is completely ridiculous. I started from the beginning but Episodes 12 & 13 are particularly good as entry points.

Oh yeah, it's the best new show. Hard Nation pales in comparison. I just listened to the live ep and it was great, also Besser's episode. He's married to Danielle and he is not a fan of the RH.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

manyak posted:

lol at the confirmation that Lootcrate is just taking discontinued products out of companies' dumpsters

That's why those Warheads TM tasted like hot garbage!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

This week's Bitch Sesh first segment was pretty amazing. The ladies tend to try out products put out by the Real Housewives folks and this week it was a 'clearing tonic'. If you haven't listened to the show and don't mind the idea of two ladies joking about making GBS threads themselves it's a good intro point. They've also discussed actually making GBS threads themselves at the top of a few other podcasts too so you've got it both ways!

Yeah I love how Casey in one of the first episodes says she hates when people talk about the scatalogical and it really turns her off and yet every other episode there is some story based on poo poo. Love it so drat much.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Yeah the Hamilton podcast is pretty bad.

All it is is people who loving love Hamilton sitting in a room and fawning all over it without a hint of irony. I get that Hamilton is popular and it's probably going to draw listeners from other markets, but why this sweaty fellatio parade?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

SousaphoneColossus posted:

I don't really care for Hamilton but I would listen to an analyze phish-style show where one hardcore fan tries to convince a skeptic.

Yes! I would love this so much.

RIP Harris.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Bitch Sesh killin it once again with a fantastic live ep. Adam Pally is my hero Morgan Walsh is my soul.

Waterbed Wendy fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Aug 29, 2016

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
They used one of my video suggestions once :smug:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Some final thought for your dumb face: Has Sean and Hayes ever been featured on I4H. Sean and Hayes should be featured in every episode. It's likely that this would be the benchmark for all other episodes.

Hayes has never been on but Sean along with Dominic Dierkes have been on 4 episodes of i4h.

One time with Paul Rust even: http://www.earwolf.com/episode/gun-control/
and Horatio Sanz: http://www.earwolf.com/episode/twirly-burrito/
and the Time Keeper: http://www.earwolf.com/episode/the-a-crew/
and Joe Wengert http://www.earwolf.com/episode/daniel-the-miracle-beagle/

They are all hilarious if you haven't heard them yet.

They should be on i4h, Hayes did well enough on Spont I think he can handle a different improv podcast.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Party In My Diapee posted:

I tried listening and they just kept mentioning and talking about people from the show?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

da beeper king BABY posted:

For anyone on Android, Podcast Addict just got an update that does basically this.

If you told me that screenshot was off of my phone I would have no problem believing you.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Crindee posted:

Between the Brettfist Burrito and Spanglish Muffins there's been some really top-notch food-pun humor on HH these last couple weeks.

ftfy

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Tarranon posted:

Speaking of ads I couldn't stop cracking up at the toothbrush one Scott was reading for CBB this week. I'm pretty sure he was playing it straight but just the sheer enthusiasm he had for a toothbrush that told you when to replace it was hysterical

Yes, Scotty's ads are the best behind HH's. The best one that still cracks me up when I think about it is the one for a clothing service maybe it was Five Four? I can't remember. Anyway, he kept messing up the words in the ad. I think it was an ad during last years Christmas Ep with Ho-Ho, Gino, Lloyd Webber, and John Lennon. Anyway, instead of saying "body type" he said "body top" and it still makes me smile almost a year later.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Holy gently caress the Christmas ep of CBB is so good. Drew Tarver is a pixie genius. "I buried $15 million at ground zero"

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
The boys make it work though, they make. it. work.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Well let's switch it up then.

I am really loving Bitch Sesh still. Never miss an ep! Besser was on this week with a little more on the story of his daughter's joke that was also told on last weeks I4H. He was funny as always.

I feel like I am the only one on this site that listens though. I don't even watch the Housewives regularly, but I would never miss these two very funny women talk about their lives and their love over these almost always terrible people. I also really enjoy how Casey and Danielle absolutely are aware that the women are awful and the shows are garbage (they say so very often, like every episode almost) but they revel in it.

It's great.

Anyone else?

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
Sorry but everyone needs to know what Erika Jayne looks like . And sounds like (it's bad).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXCLDj9tBBM

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

isnt that woman like 50 years old... whys her entire rear end out

45 and because she rules

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

yeah I was surprised I've heard a lot of negativity about bannon recently

Does a lot of the negativity you are hearing about him also include Trump?

Because that's a different Bannon.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
"Stitcher Premium is the place for previous episodes," Matt Gourley announced to his listeners on his podcast I Was There Too, " please stop asking."

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

soggybagel posted:

A clip of Gabrus....on Rugby!

https://vimeo.com/20214779

I've never seen a person giggle through an entire workout.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

feedmyleg posted:

Oh man, this Dave Thomas episode.

Still have a handful more earlier eps to catch up on.

I always picture the Wendy's founder when I see that name and boy does it make me loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
No, it was amazing. You can only shampoo your hair once and you better have a gun. I'm learning a lot about the ins and outs of Hollywood.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
To be honest, thread, I haven't found HH funny in about a month now.

What is happening to me.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
There are definitely a handful of funny lines in each HH but those don't make up for mediocre bits that drag on too long and guests who try too hard to be funny. The need to start editing the show or something, it gets so boring and sometimes cringe inducing.

I hate saying these things because I have found HH to be the most consistently hilarious podcast since I started listening years ago. The magic is petering out now. The hosts are over it. Unless something changes I think it will end soon and maybe it's for the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
This HH episode has rekindled all the warm fuzzy feelings I had for the show.

I'm just sorry I ever doubted :negative: