Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I got around to listening to the newest "How Did This Get Made?" and having already seen the Half in the Bag review for Breaking Dawn 2 I had an idea what they were going to talk about, but it was still pretty hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

jeffullrich posted:

We've got 3 more in the can and they just had to cancel Tuesday's recording session. I think the huge response to the show will help ensure it keeps going, but they didn't commit to a full-time, weekly show. We agreed that we'd be okay if it was more of a 6 episode "mini-series". They WANT to do it, but 6 people who are all busy make it really, really tough.

That's pretty much how any D&D game my friends and I try to get going go as well.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I don't get this last part of improv4humans this week, what were they hoping to accomplish by ganging up on this one guy that criticized them?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Man, The Arsheerio Paul Show is such a stupid idea it wraps around and is way hilarious again.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

thefncrow posted:

Holy crap, Get Fit Now with Bill Carter is just incredible.

They have to find a way to continue this past the next 5 episodes. Please?

Every week is so good, the more Andy Daly the better.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Ding dong, it's delivery!

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Have a lot of hope for Lapkus's podcast this week, the title is The Tom Leykis Radio Program.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Shnooks posted:

Man the Who Charted this week is awful. Kitty Pride? Really?

Weird, I thought she stopped being barely relevant at least a year ago

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

That is a lot of milk.

But come on, when having a meal of pot roast, vegetables and mashed potatoes, a big glass of milk is like the best thing in the world.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

n8r posted:

Howard's ongoing summah/ocean > space stuff can get a little old. That being said his more random stories he tells about his real life are still astonishingly crazy and hilarious. I think it's a real shame they aren't recording his life advice thing he's doing as rewards for his indiegogo.

It sometimes reminds me of when I listened to Jay and Silent Bob Get Old, where Jason Mewes has several lifetimes of crazy stories in his past and a flair for telling them.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Well, I chose not to listen to that. I instead listened to With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus with special guest Nick Kroll as Dr Doug. I had a great time.

I appreciate the return of Pamela from Big Bear.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

drat, saw them talking about the howl thing, glad I have everything I want already downloaded. Though maybe I should grab HDTGM before this happens.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

soggybagel posted:

Haha jesus this launch has been such poo poo.

It's really pretty hilarious how much they missed the mark for their launch.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Drunkboxer posted:

Has there been any talk of ADPPP season 2?

It's definitely happening but we don't have a when last I knew. Daly was talking about it on a few things.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

ArtVandelay posted:

I ate a whole roll of...quarters

Still the best.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Is Armen Weitzman like a legit funny guy? I heard him on Who Charted a couple of times a while back and found him unbearable.

Same, I've never heard him be very entertaining honestly.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I'm always astonished when I see how popular How Did This Get Made is. I mean I know it's popular, but so far above even the flagship show.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Gourley all by himself on Pistol Shrimps today, it's as disorganized and eclectic as you would imagine.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

The Ape of Naples posted:

Is Pistol Shrimps Radio no longer on Earwolf? On my iTunes there's no eps on the feed and I think there isn't many on the earwolf website. I know it hasn't updated in awhile but just curious if it's no longer on earwolf.

I think it's just the off-season.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Scripps driving folks away? Are we going to be listening to the entirely new independent show Comedy Death Bang in the future?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

If there was a show that was just PFT, Maria Blasucci, and Amanda Lund chatting for an hour every week I'd be into it. They are really amusing on Spontaneanation this week.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I really hope this finally happens, The Travel Bug with August Lindt is still the single funniest podcast I've ever listened to and all the rest were fantastic, too.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Laterite posted:

Is HDTGM really more popular than CBB?

Unofficial numbers from the beginning of last year seemed to indicate that HDTGM averaged about 50k more listens per episode (300k vs. 250k). That was based on SoundCloud downloads.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Teenage Fansub posted:

I like how the Pistol Shrimps ad that hosts are reading now mentions Aubrey Plaza when she left the team (and being mentioned on the podcast) about two years ago.

I noticed that, too, weird oversight.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

The Senator Giroux posted:

If you’re following the Superego backlog news, on the latest Pistol Shrimps, Matt said the archive is available (for purchase) on the Superego website again, and looking at options for their other stuff, so I don’t know if they’re thinking of splitting from Stitcher or what.

I thought they stopped doing Pistol Shrimps Radio.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Special episode of Conan's podcast today with Andy Daly, he confirmed Bananas for Bonanza in late April.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Bonanas for Bonanza launched today, it is exactly what you would want/expect from Andy Daly & Co. continuing to break down episodes of a 60 year old TV show. "Ben Cartwright's got 3 boys, and what's fascinating is that they're all so different! One of 'em's a Yankee; one of 'em's a Creole...and then one of 'em's a giant and a monster."

Maria Bamford is a treasure, just a perfect addition.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I'd subscribe to the Andy Daly Podcast Patreon Project.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

I've been relistening to the reality show show and I had forgotten it was a live call in show for a while and one of their callers was a guy pretending to be picard's son who wanted to talk about reality shows from the future

Should've called in as Popeye, I hear it's a big hit.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

beer gas canister posted:

Wow the Vanessa Bayer segment at the top of the latest CBB is just excruciatingly banal. Wasn't she funny enough to be on SNL?

I'll take the low hanging fruit.

Have your seen SNL lately?

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Look, he just knows a lot of intimate details about his client.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

And they just play all of Rasputin by Boney M at the end of today's Bonanas for Bonanza because Gourley got reminded of it in a conversation earlier.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Why would Scott even do the show if he wasn't interested in seeing these movies at least somewhat ? It's not like anyone other than him and Shaun are dictating what they do. At worst he thinks it'll make a funny episode which is still him wanting to watch the movie.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

A lot of northern Minnesota geography from Bamford on Bonanas this week, it was great.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Looks like Bonanas for Bonanza is opening a Ponderosa Steakhouse

I can't wait to hear about the response to their application.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Also, the Randy Snutz show is outstanding, everyone is perfect on it in every episode.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Big Chunky Bubbles on CBB Presents this week and it's pretty good

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Will Hines has a lot to say about incels on this week's Bonanas.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

And Bamford knows exactly what she's mocking really well and nails it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Something about Drew Tarver and Lily Sullivan having the same laugh is both funny and makes sense to me.