Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I liked Totally Laime when I first started listening because I was just picking out episodes with awesome guests like Paul Scheer, PFT, Andy Daly etc. After that though I was stuck with like a hundred episodes of guests I didn't know, and I wasn't willing to put up with the soundboard stuff/Oprah game etc anymore.

I never listened to the Earwolf Challenge but I'm kind of surprised that Totally Laime won.

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Oct 26, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Analyze Phish is good and all but I think I'd prefer Analyze Fish because I wouldn't have to listen to Phish and I love Howard Kremer.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The trailer on the VPN YouTube channel has a short clip of a CBB with Jason Mantzoukas and Andy Daly :aaaaa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh3QwqCABv4

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Has this always been on the site or was I just missing it?

http://www.earwolf.com/radio/

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Crossposting from the comedy podcast thread, does anyone know any good music podcasts? I've been listening to Shots Fired a lot lately and was wondering what else is out there.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Besser talking about tonight's I4H livestream: "I will be joined by LP, JG, an JW. And a special appearance by E the PI. "

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wonder how many people are even listening to the episodes live. I don't think they've listed the time/day for the live broadcast anywhere on the site. I remember after the first live one, Hayes said in the comments section of the episode that they were doing it again next week at the same time, but I don't think that many people read the comments.

Maybe Earwolf is tweeting about it before it goes live or something, but they should probably try to do more so people know it's actually happening.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

Youtube has a thing where it mentions scheduled live streams, but that's usually only a 24 hour/2 day window.

No I mean The Reality Show Show specifically. They stream through Earwolf Radio, not YouTube. (Earwolf Radio is another thing most people probably don't even know exists)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Apparently the live podcast tonight is Professor Blastoff. I've been meaning to check it out for forever, hopefully it'll be good!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Awesome line up for the live I4H in 25 minutes - Ben Schwartz, Horatio Sanz and Lauren Lapkus.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

They keep it private until Thursday when they post the episode on the site I think. It's really pointless

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

This was posted in the Comedy Podcast Megathread a few days ago:

urk the quack posted:

Looks like Reality Show Show inadvertently got someone fired. According to the latest Bone Zone (which still has its funny moments btw, but a little heavy on phone calling) Sean O'Connor was fired from the Shaq internet show ("Upload with Shaq" I think?) after the network found out he told a story on RSS about Shaq having a fight with his girlfriend during shooting. You can hear the episode here.

Basically, he violated an NDA by telling the story. It still sucks for him and RSS. Half the fun of the show is Hayes and Sean getting random guests to either discuss how dumb reality shows are, or for the guest to demonstrate the stupidity first-hand.

Basically it sucks and I hope it doesn't affect RSS/Earwolf bookings.

Wonder if it's got anything to do with that?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

SpacePig posted:

I have a dream that one day, there will be an I4H episode with Poehler, Roberts and Walsh. I would absolutely love to see how that episode goes.

I was thinking about this today, I bet they'll do it for episode 100.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Live CBB with PFT, Gillian Jacobs and Mike Hanford in 35 minutes

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Today's I4H episode was easily one of the best.

They're also doing a live one tonight on VPN with Lennon Parham, Danielle Schneider and Pamela Murphy.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

crimedog posted:

The main episode of I4H is gold, one hundred puscenta.

The Tom Petty scene where Paul Rust forced everyone to go along with the story of his beard being stolen was one of the funniest things I've ever heard on the show

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Reality Show Show is finally back tomorrow, right? Or is it next week?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's not dead!

Sean Clements posted:

Hey gang, sorry for the radio silence. Hayes's butt surgery had some unexpected complications and he is currently wearing a special underwear that can't be near microphones. Doctors think he will make a full recovery and we will record a new show on either the 6th of July or the following weekend. Thank you for your continued support during this trying time. I've seen preliminary photos of the finished butt and I promise it will be worth it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I don't think they were actually broadcasting the episode live, but yeah Harris tweeted around 3 hours ago telling people to call in.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Found this post from a few weeks ago on the Earwolf forum about the VPN schedule:

quote:

Here's the current schedule. So far no HDTGM on the docket, but we still have some empty dates we are hoping to fill! Fingers crossed!

6/13- improv4humans with TBD guest
6/20- Fogelnest Files with Todd Glass
6/27- Who Charted? with guest TBD
7/11- Improv4humans
7/18-Ronna & Beverly with the Sklar Brothers
7/25 - Who Charted? with guest TBD
8/8 - The Fogelnest Files with guest TBD
8/15 - Sklarbro Country with exciting mystery guest!
8/29- Who Charted?
9/5- Improv4Humans
9/12 - The Fogelnest Files
9/26 - Sklarbro Country

Looks like there might not be one tonight? I checked the Twitter accounts of a bunch of Earwolf people and no one's said anything about a live show tonight.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mob posted:

Nah nobody wants to do anything but drink and eat today. I know people who will work on Thanksgiving or Christmas like it's a normal day but come July 4th they're ghosts.

Oh my bad, you're probably right. I'm in Europe, wasn't thinking of the date.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

Maybe it's a pet peeve you notice particularly or I have lovely memory but I can't recall any specific Nazi sketches that stand out as ofte, except for the episode which (to be fair, pretty relevant to I4H) where Matts..uncle? father? ..had that Nazi tea kettle that turned out to be real and not ironic.

He did the Nazi thing in the most recent I4H bonus ep, but overall I don't think he does it all that often really.

It's bizarre to me hearing someone say I4H is hit or miss though. I think it's maybe the most consistently funny podcast I listen to. I can't think of any episodes off hand that I really disliked

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

Sooo, anyone have any info on them there twitterios if a new RSS was recorded yesterday?

Hayes posted this on the Earwolf forums today

Hayes posted:

A lot of you were probably expecting a show this Tuesday, because we said we'd take seven weeks off and it's only been eight weeks. But we're sorry to report that Earwolf brass cancelled the record this weekend, so we had to push it to next Saturday.

Apparently Jeff Ulrich "saw how it went down in Egypt" and was worried Americans would revolt on Independence Day against "one-percenters like me and my friends," so he locked himself in the studio with his wife and his favorite kid. Far as we know he's still there, taking calls for a show he calls "Jeff Ulrich's American Dreamcast."

But hey: it looks like there are some cool Earwolf up-and-comers to hold you over until the alpha dogs get back, right? That thing about Marc Maron's cats, that looks good! And I guess the guy with the weird eye from Wayne's World 2 has a show now? I'd check that out! Anyway, we'll be back next week with a fun guest for sure.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Hdlsa posted:

Martin Starr is painfully unfunny on Improv4Humans, I don't know why anyone would think he could improvise. Whenever he is on CBB he pretty much kills every bit by refusing to play along with Scott.

I don't like him very much either, but Wengert/Mookie/Sitko were funny enough that it didn't really matter. The quid po cro scene was amazing

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Reality Show Show is back tomorrow!

Sean Clements posted:

New ep is in the can. Drops Tuesday. B Bro and Challenge on the menu.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Trujillo posted:

Thought the video podcasts were supposed to go up the day the podcast comes out? Don't see the latest improv 4 humans up.

Nah they wait like a week or something before putting the video up. I guess they figure if they put the audio and video up at the same time, no one would download the audio version.

Your best bet is to just watch the VPN stuff live.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Just a reminder that there's a live CBB in two and a half hours on the VPN thing. I don't think they've said who the guests will be yet

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Fezz posted:

I hope it has to do with Gemberling's bestiality.

Yep

"Tonight on the VPN Earwolf improv4humans live John Gemberling will debate forum member, Donald Bell! Watch live at 6pm PST! @Gemberlicking"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think this might be the best I4H. Every scene was gold and the bestiality thing was hilarious

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jon Daly in general is just kind of amazing. The Mall McCartney character he did on CBB a while back was the best thing

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

I feel bad that they count the forums a bit as their basis for feedback from their fans, I don't have the effort to post on two forums for a podcast.

Everybody on Earwolf should just register an account over here like Jeff Ulrich did :colbert:

A while back I think Jake Fogelnest made an account to post in FYAD for some reason

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Did anyone catch Hayes saying "This is our second to last show" right after the intro? I dunno if he was joking or what but I don't want RSS to ever stop

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

I'm getting a bit more mixed feelings about the new show. The thing I really loved about RSS was how they deconstructed or tried to rationalize the incredibly dumb soundbites from shows. And they did it so well you didn't even have to watch it. One of my favorite bits was actually that one crazy lady that called in complaining about other callers who didn't watch the shows and discuss in depth about them.

Without that interaction doesn't it run the risk of becoming 'just' a CBB/I4H clone?

You should probably wait until they actually release an episode of it, I don't think there's really enough to go on at the moment. They're both super funny guys so I'm sure it'll be good.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

tnimark posted:

Has there been any word on the start date of Hayes and Sean's new show?

A couple of days ago on the Reality Show Show forums they said they were recording it on Monday and it should be up today but it doesn't seem to be there yet.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Zsinjeh posted:

Now having listened and...I dunno. It was good, but I think a couple of parts they were still trying to find their voice or I just didn't find the jokes funny which kind of landed flat for me. Some parts of Teaser Freezer and parts of the guest segment fall under that part. Otherwise I'm still eagerly subscribed, but I really do miss riffing on soundbytes of reality shows :smith:

To be honest it's basically the exact same podcast as the Reality Show Show except focused on a theme that won't immediately repel any potential listeners (I am perfectly ok with this and I thought the first episode was hilarious)

Teaser Freezer was pretty much the same riffing on reality show soundbytes thing they did on RSS, that whole emmy bit is probably something they would've done on RSS anyways if it was still going, they made fun of the guest the same way they would in RSS etc.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I read on the forum that Shots Fired is stopping soon (or it won't be on Earwolf at least) because not enough people are listening. That's a shame, I haven't listened in a while but it's a pretty good podcast

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

To be honest I don't think Hollywood Handbook will be around for long, it's too scary.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Man Zach Woods has been amazing in this episode

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Something I only just noticed is that since Earwolf hosts their shows on soundcloud now, you can see how many people have listened to each episode. I've always been kind of curious about it, so here are the numbers from last weeks episode of each podcast in case anyone else cares:

How Did This Get Made? (Halloween III) - 126,634
Comedy Bang Bang (Todd Glass/Amber Tamblyn) - 98,330
BTW with Jeff Garlin (Sarah Silverman) - 65,631
The Cracked Podcast - 33,374
Professor Blastoff - 25,974
Sklarbro Country (Ed Helms) - 23,848
Who Charted (PFT) - 23,543
Nerd Poker - 21,597
Improv4Humans - 16,607
Kevin Pollak's Chatshow (Greg Proops) - 14,117
Rafflecast - 7,580 (Most recent episode was 5 months ago :smith:)
Fogelnest Files - 6,772
Ronna & Beverly - 6,139
Totally Laime - 5,840
Hollywood Handbook (Donald Glover) - 5,560
Yo, Is This Racist? - 2,767 (I think they put out five of these a week and they usually get a couple thousand plays each)
Owen & TJ Read the News - 2,568
Shots Fired - 1,647
Nocturnal Emotions (Rob Pope) - 1,486

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Oct 31, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

Interesting that How Did This Get Made is a cool 25% more popular than CBB.

Nah I think that was just a bad choice of episode, I forgot that it was a Thursday one. I think CBB usually gets 120,000-130,000 per episode on Soundcloud

E: But yeah it surprised me that HDTGM is pretty much on the same level as CBB. The other big surprise for me was I4H. I thought it was way more popular than that

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Oct 31, 2013