Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
That bit works because that scene is in every lovely horror movie.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Oct 15, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I really hope they're doing that as a joke, not because they think it looks good in any way.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm looking forward to Analyze Fifth.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Poopy Palpy posted:

A religious discussion show called "Analyze ><>"?

A show where one comedian tries to convert another would be so excruciating it'd be a must listen.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I was a bit confused until I noticed that the guy playing the dragonkin is really boring, so any voice I wasn't sure about would be him.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It's fantastic, but the best thing this week wasn't anything Hayes or Sean said, but the fact that The Bachelor put a one-armed woman in roller-skates.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

God, Howard's dressed as Doctor Who. He's the next Doctor Who.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Spraynard Kruger posted:

I've jumped in to it recently... Was them not getting the "you're killing me, Smalls" thing a bit they do? Or have they seriously never seen The Sandlot? I honestly could not tell.

Yeah, it's a bit. In an earlier episode, they were trying to figure out who "Bueller" was.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

If you're ok with spoiling guests for yourself, click through to get hyped for tomorrow's Reality Show Show.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Didn't those things get a little media attention when US troops first landed in Afghanistan? It might be worth repeating that they're entirely harmless to humans, just super creepy.
e: the ironic/sincere Nazi is a bit creepier to me. But what a beautiful teapot!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Zsinjeh posted:

Man I'm being really pointlessly, buzzkillingly, nitpicky about this dumb thing, ignore me.

My boner at the thought of Jason Mantzoukas reading my words has shriveled up into my abdomen, thanks to you!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Greggy posted:

It was funny to hear Sean kind of gently call him out for the name-dropping.

This post's insane. Is that really why you thought that bit was funny, because you think Foglenest was bragging about seeing some C-lister in an airport and deciding not to bother him?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

And the Reality Show Show.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I was weirded out by their sincerity in fitting Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares into Freytag's pyramid.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

They gave Maron's cats their own show. I guess you cant resist a title that good. I sort of hope this is an ongoing series that goes on till the heat-death of the universe.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Every day without RSS is difficult. They never* even got to go on VPN...
*yet

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It's Jon Hendren aka Doc Evil. He's down in LA living life.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Matt Besser's taking a swing at Yo, is this Racist in this week's bonus episode. I don't care either way, but around 4 minutes in he states that Chicago's not racist because all the blacks live on the south side.
e: Also, today's Foglenest Files is the awkwardest and least-joyous circle jerk I've ever turned off midway through.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jun 18, 2013

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Didn't it have a finale which was a 20 minute loop of Brett calling us human garbage?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

The guest on the RSS this week might just be the luckiest guy in LA. I could listen to a whole podcast listening to this guy try to relate to regular folk.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

C'mon, get real. No grown man would call himself that.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Like 2 years ago there was going to be a PFT TV show produced by Scharpling. Something happened, everyone unfollowed everyone else on twitter, and Scharpling started talking about how LA comedians have no concept of loyalty. I think that's about it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Let me tell you I am absolutely furious they wait a week before giving me a video.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Trujillo posted:

Maybe because improv4humans is better suited to be a video podcast compared to the rest of the earwolf shows. With the exception of CBB characters, there's not really anyone acting anything out like they do on I4H compared to the rest where they sit around talking.

VPN episodes of Who Charted have the added element of Howard flipping out over his image like a budgie with a mirror. And The Fogelnest Files are a natural fit for youtube videos. Also give me a Reality Show Show live recording before you cancel the show Jeff!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

If they have to go, making fun of the bullshit products for sale is probably the best reason for it.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

We have to get our posting done before they cancel the thread.
Also I agree that Lapkus should be do RSS.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It's insane how he manages to be the funniest guest on a podcast filled with professional comedians.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It's just a Kaufmanesque bit, and just like Andy Kaufman, the show is really dead.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Sep 24, 2013

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Listening to Besser try and decode somebody else's jargon only to reveal the secret message is "gently caress UCB" was great.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I really like all of the adverts and hearing about the rinkadink companies that advertise through podcasts. Like that Igloo one that baffled both Scott and the listener as to what it is they actually do.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Eric trying to get an interview in a dog park may be the all-time funniest thing.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Do you really regularly listen to WC despite having a strong dislike for Howard?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

For the past two weeks I've really not gotten into Hollywood Handbook. I didn't feel like paying attention to the bits and the interviews seemed more awkward than anything. Then today I heard Sean sarcastically say "I almost picked that one I swear" and fell in love all over again. Good episode with a good guest I'd never heard of.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Phish fans can't work out iTunes.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Everything is Terrible look pretty much as you'd expect.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Dark Weasel posted:

This guy on Professor Blastoff today is pretentious as hell and I wish him nothing but failure

I'm not a regular PB listener but this got me to download it and holy hell. He's obsessed with mystique and is talking about how he cant talk that he's got a crush on some girl.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I just can't imagine the scenes of jubilation when they decided to name Chip's sidekick Tip.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

What's the deal with the Wiseman character? I half-listen to pods most of the time while I work and didn't realize for like 20 mins that PFT switched to a different director. Was it introduced on this week's episode for the first time?

Gary wanted to arrange a blind-date between Gilly, his murderous gold-digging ex-wife, and a friend of his, the director of the Underworld series of movies.
I'm sure it wasn't done as part of a master-plan to bring in the new and throw out the old, that seems far too organized for an improvised comedy podcast.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I thought the theory was that it was a total bitch to edit down, and Scott too busy to oversee it and will be until he finishes shooting season 3 of the TV show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Yeah, a bunch of them (Scott, Harris, PFT, Shelby Fero, NOT Howard Kremer, but Kulap) went to a Phish show in LA.