Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Thanks to the people recommending The Reality Show Show, just listened through them - very, very funny, hosts are great together (would definitely recommend to any UYD fans - content largely different obviously, but chemistry between hosts similar).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Lennon Parham (who's pregnant!) mentioned this excellent Tumblr in the latest Doug Loves Movies http://mantzoukaswhiteshirtjeans.tumblr.com/

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Agreed that that is a great I4H episode on many levels. Love Reality Show Show too so was a treat to hear Sean Clements on it - him coming into the library scene as JK Rowling totally threw me, loved it.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
One of the high points of my Christmas was hearing Jason Mantzoukas have a total brain implosion around 15 minutes into the newest HDTGM. (Good episode overall too, especially if you like Kremer).

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
It's happening! https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/287668254326018049

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Improv4Humans is always great but has been on a bit of a roll lately, lots of very funny stuff in the most recent one. (Might be worth getting its own thread since it tends to be the show that gets the most posts here).

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I subscribed to VPN but am now filled with terror that I might accidentally watch a few seconds of an Adam Carolla podcast.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
100% agree with how great Reality Show Show is, probably the podcast I look forward to most these days. Hard to pick out any favourite moments but the insanely long bit they did on the Survivor contestant's fake laugh was brilliant, as was the bit about Jeff Probst's delicious po-tater.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Also enjoyed their increasingly dramatic revulsion with the awful women of Making Mr. Right a few weeks ago.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Love, love, love live Reality Show Show. Podcast just keeps on getting better.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Don't know how I lived without Reality Show Show call-in for so long. Absolutely died at the panic over the credits followed by their impressions of Kevin Spacey's dodgy Georgia accent. Have you heard of VIBES?

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I just know that their idea for HHH's 'The Villain' was incredible.

This post is dedicated to Brent Musburger

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Thankfully it's never not funny.

That's a different podcast.

(But seriously, like 90% of CBB episodes are pure gold and the rest are at least OK).

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I can't believe it's been 2 days and nobody has commented on Hayes' Ira Glass impression on Reality Show Show.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Surprised and delighted at how far Reality Show Show went this week with the week's news - very, very funny. Also love the show's cocneit that anything that happens while the theme is playing is inaudible to the listener.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

KimT posted:

Awesome line up for the live I4H in 25 minutes - Ben Schwartz, Horatio Sanz and Lauren Lapkus.

Anyone watch this? Was it half as amazing as it sounds? Easily three of my favourite semi-regular Earwolf guests.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Agreed that making it a one-on-one is much more enjoyable. I never really look forward to it or anything, but I do always find something inherently hilarious about having a 10-20 minute segment of an otherwise very light-hearted comedy show that is just a man getting increasingly enraged on the phone to someone he disagrees with regarding a fairly heavy topic.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Eltoasto posted:

Today I watched Fast 6, then came home and immediately listed to the HDTGM episode with Adam Scott about it. It was a pretty amazing 4 hours.

This was my exact day as well. Incredible movie, very funny episode.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Teenage Fansub posted:

DC's The Movement #2.
'Kulap' was also in Batgirl. Both are written by Gail Simone. Guess they're buds.

Gail Simone is also in a 'lost episode' of Comedy Bang Bang, so makes sense.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Article about the early days of UCB (specifically the partying and hookups therein), with many, many Earwolf and I4H regs http://www.vulture.com/2013/06/oral-history-of-ucb-theater-partying-sex.html

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Highlight of this I4H was finding out that Lennon Parham worked at a Hooters for a semester of college.

And backing up how incredible the earlier bestiality discussion was, especially Gemberling's opinions and expertise.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Louis did the ASSSSCAT monologue at the Del Close marathon, which is pretty awesome.

And I4H with that cast is obviously great, Lapkus MVP as always - "Gwinch, get outta heaw!" Besser's impression in the last sketch also killing me.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011

Lugaloco posted:

It's amazing how many comedians I recognize in that little back room at UCB, way more than any British comedians (I'm from and live in the UK). The quality of comedy coming out of America for the past few years is just staggering.

Also British, share these exact sentiments. And agreed on the consistency on I4H, very slightly shaky start but last year or so has been exceptional. Besser should do another Best Of soon though, they're great for getting for other people into it.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Great episode as always. Enjoyed the calls, had a very Best Show vibe at times when they were getting totally off-topic, e.g. David's future failed acting career.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Harris' Phish concert memory is genuinely very impressive/alarming.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Laughed very hard (in public) at the scene where Mookie plays the DJ who's 'too obese to be on the radio'.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Holy poo poo, incredible news. I mean, poo poo My DAG Says has been OK for the last 9 weeks, but it's just not the same.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Not that bothered about Comedy Bang Bang but for me I4H is always well worth waiting for the video. Just something about their body language and watching how they interact in a scene that really makes me laugh. Plus seeing who's breaking up really hard off mic - think one episode in particular Tim Meadows was absolutely losing it during a scene but I never would have realised on audio.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Agree with everyone on how great the live HDTGM episodes are + how on point the audience and their questions tend to be. The woman today who pointed out the name of the boy in Over The Top deserves a goddamn medal.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Great episode of I4H, John Gemberling is absolutely hilarious in almost every sketch, incredible work. Carnival barker character and angry wheelchair royal killed me: "I think we should call it Her Majesty's oval office"

Fogelnest has Fallon on today, good episode - not that funny but some really good stories, mostly involving Horatio Sanz.

And not podcast-related, but involving a bunch of Earwolfy people: Paul Scheer put up a bunch of Arsheerio Paul Show episodes yesterday, possibly most notably one with June as Andrew Dice Clay. It's nuts.

GraPar fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Aug 1, 2013

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Last night was the Phish show that the Analyse Ph-/Fish crew all went to btw. Surprisingly little Twitter chatter, but some photos on Kulap's Instagram. Hearing it was a good show (if you like such things).

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
That I4H sounds incredible, the video ones are always the best and I find Lapkus, Rust & Gemberling pretty much the funniest people alive.

Oh yeah, Harris said on Twitter the other day that the great Tom Scharpling is going to be on Analyse Phish, which should be tremendous since he's been ripping into them a fair bit on Best Show in recent weeks.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I'm guessing the concert discussion episode will be next, then Scharpling will be the pessimistic guest on the show after that, since it would be weird for him to be on an episode about an event he wasn't at + there's no way him and PFT will ever be on the same show again (until the eventual incredible episode of WTF or something where they hash it out).

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Was delighted by this news and the top comment on the article.

That did make me think how annoying it is that there are so few places online to talk about podcasts though: obviously this subforum, AV Club's Podmass (the judgements for which are consistently baffling). At least Earwolf has some decently busy forums, unlike plenty of podcasts that don't have any kind of comments section (I have opinions on Doug Loves Movies!).

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I am weak and listened to the first part of the bestiality debate, so excited for the video. Love that the debate revolved around the precise conditions under which it is acceptable to have sex with an animal.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
So glad I waited for the video, incredible piece of work. Lauren Lapkus is my idol ("Chug it for a McNugget"). I thought it was pretty clear that she wasn't actually upset by John at the end though; definitely slightly more legit upset by Brandon calling out improv bitches. I recently listened to the You Made It Weird with John Gemberling, which I strongly recommend because it's very funny and gives you way more insight into where he's coming from (basically he had a pretty strange upbringing and his Dad is an insane artist type).

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
If you don't laugh at 'The Sword Of Dan Cortese' then I don't know what to tell you. I do always wonder how they describe the show to their guests beforehand because everyone seems to slip quite easily into the kind of unique tone of the show. Incidentally, am I the only person who can still never tell their voices apart? I possibly blame this on me being English.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Awesome news times two. Was wondering what happened to that Hollywood Bowl trip. Scharpling has talked about Phish a fair bit before on his show (and with Nathan Rabin) and it's always goddamn funny.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Really great episode, although definitely helped by my huge love of Tom Scharpling (to the extent that I was slightly unnerved by his voice sounding marginally different than it normally does because Earwolf use different mics to WFMU).

Worst part of the show now is that is has made be somewhat of a Phish fan, so am now one of those people Harris complains about who gets annoyed by his choice of songs (Divided Sky was a solid choice though)

Re: above, this photo sums up the dynamic of the episode

GraPar fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Nov 19, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Ooh, Sean Conroy hasn't been on in ages, love that guy