Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

xbilkis posted:

It took PFT to get me to try it, but I really love the Reality Show Show. It's like Sklarbro Country

Same here, but I'm reminded more of Mike and Tom Eat Snacks.

PFT could even make me give Uh Yeah Dude another shot. Swear to God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
The Reality Show Show is simply amazing. I've binged through half the backlog in the last couple days.

The retro Tanks But No Tanks bit absolutely killed me. Kevin Smith going home was great too.

I don't watch any reality TV, but I can follow along just from what I've seen on The Soup. The fun of the podcast has very little to do with shows they watch anyway.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

caligulamprey posted:

However, it did take me three episodes to figure out they were saying "Eliminated" and not "Lemonaded."

They are saying Lemonaded at least some of the time. The description for episode 13 mentions them talking about a "lemonation" on Top Chef.

They're just making fun of how some reality stars pronounce the word.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
That was you? This was my first time listening live, and it was fantastic. I hope they keep doing this for a long time.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

You said Earth was in the Delta Quadrant, which I'm sure I don't have to tell you is completely preposterous! Are we to believe there was some sort of spatial anomaly that threw the homeworld of the Federation halfway across the galaxy? :awesome:

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I loved the gimmick, but the nerd in me couldn't resist correcting someone on the internet about Star Trek.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
The Maron ads were fantastic on this week's RSS. Reality is going to bites for the next seven weeks. How am I going to last that long?

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I choose to believe that Hayes and Sean are starring in a new reality show that takes 7 weeks to film, and their NDA prevents them from broadcasting.

They better be "the podcasters" on the next Amazing Race! :colbert:

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
You guys can't hate me any more than I hate myself.

I want to believe...

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I've been relistening to the whole show over the last week in preparation for the return, but what if it turns out reality is going to bites forever? :ohdear:

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I had hopes that a new Mike Detective season could be written in a year, but just like Liam Neeson's upcoming masterpiece, it's Taken 3.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Interesting RSS "news" from their forum

First Hayes

quote:

Hey guys. Wanted to clarify my comment about it being the second-to-last episode of the reality SHOW show. I said that because: it was! But we're going to do a new show instead.

Here's the story: a couple weeks ago, we got a (conference) call from Jeff Ulrich and Scott Anchorman. It turns out they had been listening to the raw feeds from our records, where before the show Sean and I dish on Hollywood from an insider's perspective and offer whichever engineer is working that day tips on how to survive this crazy business. Jeff and Scott found themselves using our insights in their own struggles with the entertainment industry, so they called to ask us if they could release those conversations as a separate podcast.

We went back and forth a few times but once we settled on the numbers, we agreed to do a new podcast focusing on Sean's and my success in the Hollywood business sphere, and reaching down to help others get to where we and our famous guests have gotten. We think it will be a great show, but also a GOOD show, you know? And hopefully it will help us avoid the issue of everyone hating reality television.

After this Tuesday's final episode of RSS, we'll debut the new one very soon, and we would really appreciate if you guys brought your listening and forum-posting business there. Sorry if you only listened to us because of the reality show discussions. Can't say what the money was or the number of figu7es but I don't think you'd have turned it down. We will still talk about reality shows on the forums if you want. And thank you! We really appreciate everything.

Then Sean

quote:

Hey gang,

I just got off a Multi-Skype with Hayes's management team and it sounds like what he's saying is true. My management team has been dealing with some other (bigger) stuff this week, so they didn't wanna bother me, but they tell me that I am excited about this new direction for the show, and I don't think I care enough to disagree.

The following is a prepared statement written by my 3rd assistant, Blenjamin:

Mr. Clements appreciates all of the posts from the loyal RSS followers, and he has loved connecting with listeners over the past 38 episodes. He is hopeful that the relationship built between superstar host and no kind of star admirer was based less on reality shows (which a lot of people think are so stupid that they won't even check out one episode of a podcast about them), than on how cool and smart and funny and cool he seems. He also wants to make entirely sure that the format was the show's biggest hindrance and that it was not, as was often whispered on these forums, a general distatste for Hayes.

The new show will be fun, and hopefully it will bring in all kinds of new forum friends so the threads easily reach hot status, en fuego status, and ultimately Habanero status. Our greatest wish is that a year from now you all abandon us and talk about how you listened to our old show back when we were ACTUALLY funny and less commercial, but that we can't hear you complaining because we have our cans turned all the way up and Grenier is just ON IT, just RIFFIN'

But, like everything else they say, who knows if it's for real.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Teaser Freezer was my favorite bit. Calling Average Joe out on his douchey trailer was right up there with making fun of the Real World for me.

I'm with you on not liking the theme though. I'd much prefer a reprise of the RSS song. It would fit so well!

Ha ha ha ha Hollywood
Ha ha ha ha Hollywood
Ha ha ha ha Hollywood
Hayes and Sean, Hayes and Sean
Etc

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I love Matt Besser for having the balls to tackle something like that with improv comedy. He just lives and breathes improv to the point that anything is fair game.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
If you liked the "We figured it out" segments from Gelmania, then you'll like Hollywood Handbook.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
13 minutes into the Zooropa episode the Scotts are talking about staining a hot tub and BOTH of them say "it's been a while" without singing it.

That didn't stop me from singing it for them in my car.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
"15 - Skull and Two Bones" is one of my favorites with the flashback to their Professor and the Coyote days.

"16 - That's My Fan Club" right after that one is also great with the breakdown of Kevin Smith's day.

Plus all the rest of them.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Hollywood Handbook was really strong this week #YesAndUsAsWell

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Hayes and Sean on With Special Guest this week! It's magical.

They should do a tour of all the Earwolf shows. Sean hasn't been on Improv4Humans in over a year.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Riptor posted:

PFT on twitter:

@PFTompkins: The @Spontaneanation podcast is real. Don’t get hung up on the April 1st release. April Fool’s pranks are BENEATH ME. #SPONTwPFT
This makes sense. Frankly, I don't see how you can both like PFT and think he would do an April Fool's joke. They're the worst.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Slackerish posted:

Andy Daly was on Speakeasy today and announced that he's actually doing a second season of the podcast project :)
Return of the best podcast theme song in the business!

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I thought the same thing, but the rest of the episode was a total Snüs-fest.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Season 4 is all about a gang of call girls who are organ thieves. It's basically a telenovela.

Sean and Hayes were great. It was like watching Nip/Tuck with my grandmother.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Let's just greenlight a TV show for James and solve the root of this problem!

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Womp It Up is fun this week. I could listen to Jon Daly do his Pittsburgh accent for hours.

I think I just miss Pawnsylvania from Kroll Show. Earwolf should make that a weekly show.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Yeah exactly. She can be hilarious and when she liked the podcast she was a huge reason why it succeeded, but she's fun friends we all have and not like an actual creative comedian or artist.

You absolutely do not know me and you'd be embarrassed if you did. But you never will.

One if the main objectives of this thread seems to be psychoanalyzing Besser and explaining exactly how bad of a person he is. I don't know why Kulap should be off limits other than everyone trying to white knight their podcast waifu.

I'm sorry you had to listen to a few Indiegogo ads over a year ago. It has clearly left deep scars in you, but it's time to let the healing begin.

POP goes the Pepsi Next can...

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I don't think Paul could fake the look of delight on his face after he saw what was in there. It had to be real, which is crazy!

I've been missing out on this show apparently. I'll need to binge through it this weekend.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I think I'm going to need to buy some underwear to reward Mark and Matt for that insane safety video breakdown. Especially the twenty minutes of "hmm, what else" in the last episode.

Plus Sean name-dropped Janet Evanovich and The Lies of Locke Lamora this week. How obscure. Hollywood Handbook is the best.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
At this point, the show could just be about doing other people's podcasts better than they do, and I'd love it.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Like a butterfly going through that one process.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I always skip CBB ads now because Scott does them all in the same rambly way and takes forever to get to the point.

I never skip a Handbook ad because they have fun doing them. They should release a Santaman supercut on the new Pro Version feed. Hwee Hwee Hwee!

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Slenderman’s gun is such a brilliantly dumb take on that meme. It was worth the short episode.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I really like Homophilia. Todd kind of turned this week’s episode into the first half of his podcast with no promise of silliness to come. I like the guy, but it was too preachy.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Who, me?

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Yeah, it’s worth listening to if only for the brief continuation of the Away ad drama.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
That’s disappointing, but I’m looking forward to whatever he does next. He’s way too talented for his own good.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Stitcher Premium is worth it just so I don’t have to hear Scott’s ads, but I never skip an ad on Hollywood Handbook.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
That makes it extra funny that they got so mad about Sean reading his email chain with them in the ad. So much for transparency!

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Losing the RSS blows, but that guy has no obligation to keep making up for Stitcher's weakness.

I just cancelled my autopay but it renewed back in March so they won't really care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Stitcher has done so many 12 month subscription promos that there's no way they'll be able to see how effective this retention campaign is for at least 12 months, and by then people will have forgotten they got an email in July to resubscribe.

Instead, listenership will just drop off for the people who refuse to use their app. Incompetence is frustrating.