Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Chairman Capone posted:

Earwolf adjacent: Newcomers is coming back on August 15, and they're going to be watching all of the Batman films for their season.

I dipped out of their Marvel season because I'm just not interested in MCU takes but did they generally like those? I feel like them watching a lot of Batmans back to back is going to turn into a bit of a slog for both them and the listeners.

The MCU season was kinda rough, at least to me. I wasn't concerned with whether or not they liked the movies (they mostly hated them iirc), the discussion just wasn't that interesting. They were much more engaged in the Star Wars and Fast/Furious seasons and it felt like they actually wanted to learn about their cultural blindspot, this felt more like it was an unwanted obligation to them (skipping movies because they're only required to do 20 episodes, adding just enough filler segments to hit 60 minutes for each, etc). Some of the guests weren't fans and hadn't seen the movies either, so the episodes are mainly reading the plot off Wikipedia and riffing on it.

Batman will hopefully be better since it's not all one single canon & style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Gabrus rules