Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the whole segment with tawny's dad was perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol that Harvey Guillen episode today was a real throwback in terms of awkwardness levels

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Seaniqua posted:

I like Talking Heads way more than RHCP but I'm still bummed. The general shittiness of so much of RHCP's music was half of why I found it so exciting.

That said, them spontaneously changing the subject of the podcast is one of the funniest things that's happened on that show in recent memory. I can't argue with it.

the real question is will they continue to introduce the show as RHCP and then announce after that introduction that this is another episode of You Talking Talking Heads to My Talking Head?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

WerthersWay posted:

Adam’s Traveling Wilbury story is insane.

adam's traveling wilbury story and also sean's RV story in the new flagrant ones were both incredible

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

desus and mero + tom and julie was extremely good

also hayes on iconography talking about lebron

the forever dog podcasts are really working well as pseudo-earwolf

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

gotta be honest: i love cowboy tv

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

16 years sober and people still keep kicking his happy meal rear end up and down main street

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Haley Joel Osment also an instant classic Hollywood Handbook this week

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

oh my god sean's energy

sean absolutely killed it

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/1321853119098101762

hahahaha this is real

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

JethroMcB posted:

No, it's a new episode and he has Anthony Scaramucci; the actual guy, not a character on as a guest.

lmao that's pretty low on the list of people i'd ever expect to appear on an obscure stitcher premium podcast

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Mr. Squishy posted:

This week's guest on Bonanas for Bonanza is really really bad.

agreed, this dude admitted he smothered his girlfriend to death because he thought she was a bodysnatcher. what the gently caress earwolf

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

piratepilates posted:

This is starting now!!!!

47 shots in, mitch is talking about his upcoming surgery for non-cancerous lumps in his stomach

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

now we're in the onlyfans section of the night

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

sean, hayes, carl, and andy start the big new rival podcast studio... but will the power go to their heads?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Puppy Galaxy posted:

Earwolf and stitcher premium were right that people would be willing to pay for podcasts but they got literally every detail wrong

yeah lol "what if people paid us for podcasts and we limited them to a product inferior to literally every free podcast app in existence?" was an idea that lasted longer than it ever should've, based solely on getting exclusive rights to a small handful of shows that people already liked

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

soggybagel posted:

The downside to this is while I can totally afford it I'm kind of about to hit my limit on patreon podcasts. Again, I'm going to sound like a cheapass but if I end up paying 30-40 dollars a month on podcasts I might have to take a long hard look at ones I really want to listen to. Especially because i'm already paying for ad free versions of stuff/exclusive content on other sites like Giant Bomb.

yeah the increasing trend of "every single podcast has its own patreon" is not sustainable. i'm glad HH is going to the existing flagrant ones patreon

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

very excited for whatever Carl Calls His Cousin is

also i might actually pay the extra few bucks for videos of everything, the few recorded HHs out there are so loving good

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

also huge congrats to the boys on their nomination for the iheartradio awards, which is actually real lol

Best Ad Read:

• “Comedy Bang Bang” (Earwolf / Scott Aukerman)
• “Conan O’Brien Needs A Friend” (Team Coco/Earwolf)
• “Hollywood Handbook” (Earwolf)
• “Office Ladies” (Earwolf / Stitcher)
• “Revisionist History” (Pushkin Industries)

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

" posted:

"Drunkboxer"" post="510744676"]It's infinitely less horny and probably less queer than actual greek myth.

im in a bdsm-heavy relationship with my adoptive sister and another, simultaneously, with my adopted brother

it's way, way queerer than greek myth, which tends towards not being very queer at all (as, stereotypes aside, consensual adult same-sex relationships were not socially acceptable at all).

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

im glad artemis has all her nymphs and callisto and i wish zeus would stop being so comphety in his talks with her :pensive:

zeus is like "she just needs to find the right guy"

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Didn't Bowie get canceled because of the whole pedophilia thing?

yeah

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Flaskraven posted:

The reveal of what HH's song is about is incredible. I love it!

the combination of that and all of Shaun Diston's shoutouts at the end had me laughing so hard, what a great 'final' episode

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Fellatio del Toro posted:

goddamn the song at the end of this weeks flagrant ones is the best yet

https://soundcloud.com/charles-hoffman-387459183/flagrant-tribute-1721-135-pm

that track is just actually very good, not "good for a joke song" lol

also the 'sean writes the first half, hayes the second' pro edition was one of the funniest things they've done in a long time. "and this guy is a professional writer, it's what he does for a living, and he was given a creative assignment, and he's being the biggest baby in the world about doing it"

eke out fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 22, 2021

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i might actually have to get the videos because this bit killed

https://twitter.com/flagrantonespod/status/1357477083627180035

you can see the moment where hayes recognizes exactly where sean is going lol

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

the music on the flagrant ones is getting too good

lol i loved the ending where they're all like "why does this guy listen to our show"

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i got to the part in the Reality Show Show where the boys' excuse for not putting out an episode for the past month was that they were George Zimmerman jurors and then go on for like 15 minutes in-character as the dumbest pieces of poo poo you can imagine

i feel like this is the point you can really see the genesis of Hollywood Handbook

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

RestingB1tchFace posted:

What episode is this. I'd love to relisten to it.

https://www.earwolf.com/episode/surprise-surprise/

im almost to the end and got to the one where Sean and Hayes spend the whole first segment talking about being tricked into auditioning for SNL and having to repeatedly refuse the jobs Lorne desperately wants to give them and feel like it has now fully grown into being hollywood handbook

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the first moment i remember it totally clicking is where they cut together a big montage of how top chef judges were super racist to sheldon (make any kind of asian food and it's "playing it safe," make european food and it's "not him" even when it's good) and both of them get legitimately mad

i just finished listening to them all, it was worth it

eke out fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Feb 28, 2021

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

personally i'd describe him as nice

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Franchescanado posted:

Maybe that explains why Jay Johnston has never been on CBB.

i see folks on twitter posting a 10 year old piece written by Gavin McInnes (in the days before he was openly a nazi) about his good friend Jay Johnston

so yeah people may have seen this coming

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

cams posted:

jay was on his podcast in 2015

lol today i learned that gently caress has a podcast. of course he does

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Mr. Squishy posted:

lol, I'm amazed that Wiger has been suckered into NFTs. I don't know why, but I had assumed he had a good head on his shoulders. If you don't listen regularly to 'Played, it's 9 minutes in, immediately after they introduced the guest. It's just like baseball cards! Baseball cards that require a huge energy cost to exist, and are starting at a hype level of being sold for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

lmao @ heather's literal first response: "Is this the NFT bullshit you keep trying to hock on us? The pyramid scheme?"

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i feel like the difference in energy is that they seem happy lol

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Sinteres posted:

My gut feeling is that just having a lot more going on these days has a lot to do with it. Like even just from podcasts alone, I feel like someone probably brings a different energy to a record when it's the only one they're doing for a week vs doing three or four every week without even counting guest appearances, even aside from the difference in energy doing a podcast year one vs doing a podcast year 7 or 8.

tbh i think the bigger factor is likely that every professional writer in hollywood apparently spends like 10 hours a day on zoom already, and now instead of hanging out with your friends it's just another work zoom you have to do

that said i've loved the content recently and my actual impression is they seem more comfortable and less unhappy than they were. i assume a large part of this is because 30% of a 41k/month patreon (probably some other actual number but they were talking about splitting the flagrant ones 30-30-30-10) is an absolute shitload more money than earwolf ever paid anyone for HH

also try monthThe Podcaster's Promise was very good

eke out fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Apr 15, 2021

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

hayes is too busy hobnobbing with the fat cats in smoke-filled back rooms (this is especially hard because he's shy)

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

the catfish stuff in TFO today is so good

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

face it: sean is nice

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

extremely good hollywood handbook today, natalie morales is always good and comfortable with the boys bringing that classic argumentative energy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

watching kevin can gently caress himself and it's a lot of fun to see Sean Clements in a role like this (also i know he's a writer along with scharpling, the show is good)