Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
In fairness I’d rather they do space jam 2 while Scott hasn’t forgotten the entire first movie so it had to be the very next ep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

feedmyleg posted:

Oh dang, did I somehow miss that it's back? I thought it was reruns of his Earwolf stuff

It’s separate show feeds for the archives and current stuff.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Will Hines’ corrections on the sleuth show is my new favorite podcast feature.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Gourley gets so tongue tied just doing any single character frequently I was amazed him doing the Irish lisp and cowboy voice went as smooth as it did. I’ll assume superego level editing was involved

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
It’s cute that on the last Bonanas Andy Daly seems to genuinely think it’s a great accomplishment for the woman who guested on the Bonanza ep that she worked for Hubert Humphrey in 1972 and went on to be a Democratic Party expert on the Soviets going right into the era when Reagan whipped the poo poo out of that party partially because their foreign policy was viewed as too wimpy. Sounds like her political career was entirely a failure.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Today I learned Dan lippert’s dad was legit born in 1921.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Holy poo poo the kurt vile clip on todays HH owns.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

JethroMcB posted:

drat, today's Handbook was already a home run, and then Tawny Newsome's dad came in and stole the show.

Gollum. Wolfman. Kermit.

Just destroyed Sean and Bruce Willis, it ruled.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Aukerman and Paul f are the guests on i4h today I’m intrigued.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
It seems crazy to me how many people in the wider earwolf podcasting circles seem to trash ucb and besser still gets the guests he does.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Both parties gotta get on Hollywood handbook to squash this beef https://x.com/variety/status/1757436740602610093?s=46&t=SXDOUM5lPPvZwsTORT6VFQ

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

JethroMcB posted:

I read "Tears in her eyes" and immediately started hearing the rest of the quote in Action Boyz Big Jon voices.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Offler posted:

Speaking of Action Boyz.

Anyone else feel that Gabrus kinda needs to inject some Gino Lombardi into himself? It's like that extra confidence to be loud and abrasive would really help him since he so often seems unsure of his own bits and half-bails on them a few seconds in. Usually by faking some very unconvicing laughter or something. To say nothing of when he gets overly sensitive about the ribbing the other hosts give him for his opinions, though he has gotten much better about this part at least since the beginning of the podcast.

I think the character of Gino helps cover for some cancel-able expressions he wouldn’t want to make on a non-character show.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
My least favorite gabrus bit from a recent ep was him talking about Kamala Harris being in an isolation chamber when I’m pretty sure she’s been doing plenty of campaigning just not at events aimed at elder millennial LA stoners.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Well I mean less ‘silly veep things’ and more events that will hopefully make a difference in Trump not being returned to office but yeah sure.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

JethroMcB posted:

Gabrus recaps are him transcribing the dialogue as fast as he can without pausing the movie, and then his personal notes are like "Warehouse shoot-out is awesome" or "everybody looks jacked as hell, it's awsome."

Don’t forget assessing which women are “total smoke shows”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I want mcnutt and Doug to get a show.