Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Overcast is legit a killer app for iOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
ABZ has spoiled me on any other movie pod besides maybe just Blank Check. However, I don't care about 70% of the poo poo Blank Check covers, whereas I am 100% down with anything ABZ does.

Even on the episodes where Gabrus does the summary and it sounds like he is barely making it through an 7th grade English class presentation, it is still amazing.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
ABZ is the special sauce mix of all three. You can’t have the pod without random sprinkles of Gabrus’ Big John wisdom or stories of activating whale mode by trying to poo poo so hard you hit a ceiling fan. I totally get why Rodgers decided to break up notes duty due to his Se7en-style insane note taking, but yeah oh well.

However, I do miss Stangerbot.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
You guys just gotta come to terms with the pod being mostly Rodgers' opinion on films and the other two falling into line because it is completely not worth arguing with the renown crazy person that is Ben Rodgers on something like an opinion on a film.

But he has pretty good taste 95% of the time so, eh. It's worth it. Also Fifth Element is mid tier at best. Better than something like loving Stargate though, that's for loving sure.

Also 100% agree on how good of a job they do on dunking on their own fans. It must come from years of doing in-person improv, but like every other podcast host out there should take notes on how they expertly shut down the loving crazy parasocial aspect of listening to hundreds or even thousands of hours of a single podcast.