Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Thelonius Van Funk posted:

Improv4Humans quickly jumped into my top 5 podcasts and it's really been on fire lately. Anyone that hasn't checked it out should definitely listen to the Lennon Parham, Jessica ST.Clair & Jason Mantzoukas episode.

I agree, I didn't even start listening to i4H until about three months ago. I've been trying to go steadily through back episodes one or two a week so I still have a little ways to go before hearing them all. But it's an incredibly solid show no matter who's involved usually. But you're right that when the right combo gets on there it's totally magic like that episode. About to start on the "Best of" that was released tonight. I figure I'll hear some stuff I've not hit yet on my journey through back episodes, but that's fine I'll get to them eventually.

Also, Politicalrancor, you are gonna do so some more with that OP right? I mean, it really deserves to have a little more effort put into it. Earwolf has a lot of great shows worth talking about there. I mean even if you just steal the descriptions from the website it'd be nice to put something in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Bobby Malone posted:

So I tried out Google after hearing about it on CBB, and it's actually pretty good. The site design could use a little more effort, but it's actually a fast and easy way to bing things. You can even bing pictures! Plus it supports the show; I would recommend it for any Earwolf fan.

I'm gonna give stamps.com a try too next time I need to FedEx a package.

Spider-Man drat well knows now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Teenage Fansub posted:

It might just be because of the first two guests, but that Har Mar Superstar show stinks.

I think it's more the host than the guests. I really don't like Har Mar at all.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Politicalrancor posted:

is the OP more to your liking? lmao

Looking good!

I cannot stress enought how happy I am to have Gelmania every week now. So awesome.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Conduit for Sale! posted:

In what ep of Gelmania did "I'm not doing well!" first show up on?

I know it's in Gelmania II for sure. Can't remember if it's in the first one though.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Shortwave is one of those things where I'm not probably going to ever listen to it unless I already like the guest. And so far I haven't liked who they've had.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Woohoo! Gelmania Live!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Whoa, new layout for Earwolf. I like it. And I'll actually be listening to Shortwave this week. Also another new podcast, but I think I'll be skipping as I'm no fan of Howard Kremer.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Groucho Marxist posted:

Here's my evidence that he didn't write them: Scott Aukerman is a really funny guy, even in the commercial spots he records.

Scott has written for the MTV Movie Awards. He doesn't always put in the A+ effort.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

How is Yo Is This Racist? so bad? It's the easiest podcast concept in the world, if we're judging it on how effortless comedy should come from it. But the host put as much effort into as I do deciding what shoes I should wear.

Also Howard Kremer.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Fogelnest is definitely a little guy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Zsinjeh posted:

Wow, I have a feeling the next HDTGM is going to be a good one. Watching Sleepaway Camp now and it's one hell of a doozy. The jokes pretty much write themselves.
It's on youtube for those that want to partake in the shitfest https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePkcsSvnu0I

e: Every single time someone is murdered:
"It's you! It can't be you! What are you doing here!"
It's going to be such a shock when YOU are revealed at the end!

Sleepaway Camp is a fantastic bad movie. They're gonna have so much fun with it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dammit. We've got a classic good news/bad news situation this morning thanks to the fine people at Earwolf.

Good News: Jason Mantzoukas is on the Totally Laime Podcast.
Bad News: I actually have to listen to the Totally Laime Podcast.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ugghh, Jesus. Leave it to Totally Laime to make listening to a conversation with Jason Mantzoukas seem like a chore.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Drunkboxer posted:

The host of Yo is this Racist voice isn't really suited for radio, I don't think. It makes me want to not listen to him.

I actually found the PFT episode quite good. The magic of PFT. Plus it was a good idea to do one long episode. I skipped the Kremer and Sklar episodes because I don't like Kremer or the Sklars. The Jon Daly episodes were ok, but Daly was being a bit too wacky at times. PFT, as always, found a good balance. Don't know who next week is, but I hope it's someone that can do the same.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Popelmon posted:

The new How Did This Get Made was great. They were SO confused by the movie, I really need to watch it now.

It was just as beautiful as I was hoping. One of my favorite episodes. Their confusion was amazing.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Eltoasto posted:

Man, this weeks Improv4humans was really good, especially the last bit. Wasn't sure how well Tim Meadows would do, but they put him on the spot and he did pretty well.

He's been on several times and is pretty much always great.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I was really dreading Kremer on on How Did This Get Made. Luckily he didn't talk too much. I really don't like him. They did have some great revelations about Reindeer Games. I almost want to go back and watch the movie again. I haven't seen it since it came out so I actually didn't remember a lot of what they mentioned.

And I see that Jessica St. Clair is on Who Charted tonight. Sorry Jessica, I just can't stomach listening to Kremer long enough to listen to that.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

VideoPodcastNetwork posted:

Video Podcast Network is a next generation collective of the best comedy podcasts around; broadcasting live weekly. VIDEO PODCAST NETWORK (or VPN) will feature exclusive and fully produced visual podcasts from all of the most popular comedy podcasters, including Adam Carolla, The Big Three, and the Earwolf Network (Comedy Bang Bang w/ Scott Auckerman, How Did This Get Made? w/ Paul Scheer and more). Produced by VPN creator and Emmy nominated producer Daniel Kellison (Late Night/Late Show with David Letterman, Jimmy Kimmel Live).

Seems pretty awesome. Can't wait to see CBB and HDTGM in video form.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This is the schedule for VPN

Friday, January 18
- Comedy Bang Bang with Scott Aukerman at 6PM MST
- You Made It Weird with Pete Holmes at 7:30PM MST

Saturday, January 19
- Who Charted? With Howard Kremer and Kulap Vilaysack at 3PM MST
- Call Chelsea Peretti at 4:30PM MST
- Comedy Bang Bang with Scott Aukerman at 6PM MST
- Windy City Heat featuring Don Barris, Perry Caravello and Mole at 8:45PM MST

So we get two CBBs this weekend.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

tnimark posted:

Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere and I missed it, but are the CBB episodes on VPN entirely new episodes specifically recorded for VPN and won't be released as audio-only podcasts? Or have they been recording video of recent podcast episodes and they're airing those on VPN?

They are definitely not previously heard episodes. They are live shows from Sundance this weekend. We have no idea if they'll be released as part of the feed yet or if they're video exclusives.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

The fact that there's a Daly/Mantzoukas podcast that has yet to see the light makes me so happy. I'll be counting the days until that shows up.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

tnimark posted:

Hopefully Jeff clears this up next time he stops by the thread. International time zones make it difficult for me to watch these shows on VPN as scheduled. I'd love to be able to access them later, whether it be on youtube, Earwolf store or audio only on the podcast feed.

I believe they'll definitely be archived on the YouTube channel. At least that's the indication I got from the Earworf Twitter feed. Whether the audio will be released separately is unknown.

We're a little over an hour away. Can't wait to see what they've got lined up for this first one.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

From what I've gathered from various comments the way it will work for the Earwolf content is that every Thursday there will be a stream that rotates Earwolf shows. That's probably a better idea than having a CBB every week. Though I wouldn't really complain about that either. The first one that just ended was pretty great.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I wish they would put the live shows back up. I missed the second CBB. I also missed Call Chelsea and You Made it Weird and wanted to check those out. But all of them have disappeared now.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Greggy posted:

They've said several times they're planning on putting them up on Youtube. It's a pain in the neck that they aren't up still, I hope they get that whole thing figured out.
Also, it's crazy that the videopodcastnetwork.com site doesn't have any kind of schedule on it at all, I had to hunt all over to figure out when the broadcast tonight would start.

It's literally right at the top of the Youtube page.

http://www.youtube.com/vpn

The weekly Earwolf show is always on Thursdays at 6pm PST.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

On the other hand I though it was a great show with one of the greatest WYRs of all time. I'm sad they never put it back up.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

On HDTGM June not understanding what the gently caress street fighting is in relation to the game and movie is hilarious. This episode is great.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Very cool setup to vote on what you want to see on HDTGM.

http://fyi.earwolf.com/

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Amy Poehler last week and Andy Daly this week. You sure do know how to spoil people Improv4Humans.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Trujillo posted:

I can never remember about the live episodes on Thursday either. Does anyone have a link? I assume you need to have been watching it to get one because I don't see it anywhere.

It's already been made private. So you'll have to wait a while to see it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I need to start watching the movies every week in anticipation. It really enhanced my enjoyment of the Howard The Duck episode. And I saw Over The Top recently enough (about six months ago rewatching the Rifftrax version) that I still remembered every single thing they mentioned. Most of the movies they do I have seen but it's been a long time and some things are lost on me.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This is the best thing I've seen all week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFU27_VJYQ0

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm sad that How Did This Get Made is getting reduced to once a month. Paul and June are having a baby so they're going to try and stockpile episodes for when they don't know if they'll be able to get episodes done in a timely manner due to baby stuff.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I listened to the first episode of Off Book last night not having any clue what it was going in and it’s now probably going to be my new obsession. I cannot believe how drat good it was.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

You're my hero.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Only one episode in and this is the best $10 I've spent in a long time. When PFT comes in all hell/heaven breaks loose.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

With the announcement of Bonanas for Bonanza and possibly new Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project being on Comedy Bang Bang World that's really all I needed to know. Glad we're not getting a Scotty and Zouks comic book talk podcast. Nobody wants that. We're totally getting it and I really want it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Consummate Professional posted:

Wish they would release some prices so I can make peace with my gods

This was briefly posted from the test site on the reddit thread and then deleted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yeah that was my confusion, because there are already 2 seasons of it.. so it's the lack of talk about a possible s3 that had me concerned.

This clears it up. They have the rights for Season 1, and hopefully get Season 2 back soon.

https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/1442919440991936516

I wonder if they get rights to the PeeCastBlast episodes. That's where Bonanas Episode 2 currently lives. Obviously Bonanas Episode 1 is part of Pilot Project Season 2 so that won't be there.

X-O fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Sep 28, 2021