Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Also any I4H with Ben Schwartz, those are definite winners. the rat/cave bit was fantastic.

I don't listen to Ronna and Beverly often, but I always enjoy it when I do. Maybe because I am picking guests I like, but I just worry the schtick will get old if I listened to every one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Cast No Engine posted:

How dare they trick me with that Mike Detective snafu. I've been waiting for like a year.

It burned me too :(

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Man, this weeks Improv4humans was really good, especially the last bit. Wasn't sure how well Tim Meadows would do, but they put him on the spot and he did pretty well.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Never go to FYAD. SA is a brash, mostly uncensored mixed bag. Don't take any criticism too seriously. For someone that is friends with the talent, it may be rough to read at times, but it will be a good source of honest reactions to shows.

This subforum is pretty calm and reasonable, but you WILL be trolled at some point.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

SKULE123 posted:

Not to steal Jeff's thunder, but I thought his post of 6 podcasting industry predictions for 2013 article on AllThingsD was super-interesting, especially the info about how Earwolf is doing financially.

http://allthingsd.com/20130104/six-podcasting-predictions-for-2013/

Look at this guy, thinks he's a journalist! It's a good article, agree with most of it. Really surprised by those ad numbers, especially since podcast advertisers seem to be a fairly small group. If ad revenue has gone up like that, then it must be effective for them. I hope the TV stuff ends up with a full fledged network just so Besser can have his own 30 minute show of him screaming at the Jets and Razorbacks.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

GraPar posted:

Improv4Humans is always great but has been on a bit of a roll lately, lots of very funny stuff in the most recent one. (Might be worth getting its own thread since it tends to be the show that gets the most posts here).

:cry: Raiiiderrrs

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

LesterGroans posted:

Anyone still not listening to Reality Show Show is a drat fool.

Their latest episode is hilarious. It has the easy playful camaraderie between the hosts that the show seems to excel at--it's got like a goofier, nerdier Uhh Yeah Dude vibe--and their riff on The Bachelor contestants is hilarious.

It really is fantastic. I think I like the tabletop aspect of the podcast the most.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Lord Wexia posted:

Did anyone watch Kroll Show last night? I was shocked at all of the talent on screen during the "Sex In the City: For Dudes" part. I also completely lost it at Jon Daly asking whether or not "My Wife!" is still a funny thing to say. I don't know if that is an in-joke in that circle of friends or not but as an avid CBB listener it killed me.

I also really hope Mikey and his curling coach make an appearance on CBB!

I watched it and really liked it, thought it stayed funny throughout. And yeah, the group for the SITC (for dudes) was crazy.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Is anyone else conflicted because this VPN thing is run by Carolla? I want good things for Earwolf but only terrible things for him.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Let's just say, in an attempt not to derail the earwolf thread, that he gets called a racist and sexist a lot, and it's for a reason. But hey, as long as Earwolf can do their own thing then no worries.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Zsinjeh posted:

The Drone sketch on Kroll Show was absolutely fantastic.

"I eat three donuts before you even wake up."

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The Berzerker posted:

Do all Earwolf shows have ad breaks in the middle? I listen to a lot of podcasts and I've only noticed it on the Earwolf ones I listen to (Posehn's, Garlin's for example). Most of the other shows I listen to have the ads up front, like WTF or stuff on the Nerdist network. What's the reasoning behind that?

I don't know about that, Todd Glass takes 35 breaks a show. I'm pretty sure all earwolf shows do, but other podcasts outside of the network do it too (MBMBAM off the top of my head).

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

xbilkis posted:

It took PFT to get me to try it, but I really love the Reality Show Show. It's like Sklarbro Country, if I didn't find the Sklar Brothers really tiring

They are delightfully sarcastic. The PFT ep was a good one.

Also why did the Thursday I4H not drop today? Want to hear Meadows :(

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Goose Halo posted:

It's not Thursday.

They sit on eps for a full week before posting the full thing to VPN or the rss feed?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Is RSS this week just the audio of the live show, or is it all new?

Edited live show, the live show went on for a while longer. I'm not sure if that is going to be standard practice from now on, maybe just on weeks they don't have a guest. I'll take em any way I can get em, though the delay in the phone calls does make it a bit awkward.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The latest ep of How Did This Get Made, with Kroll and talking about From Justin to Kelly, is amazing. Listen to it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

I hate Jeff Garlin's podcast because Jeff Garlin only ever talks about himself and tries to get his guests to compare their lives to his. It's an astoundingly self-centered podcast.

You must really hate WTF.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

They are a VERY acquired taste, the gimmick will either be enjoyable to you or you will hate it. I don't listen to them a lot, but will fire up an episode every now and then when in the mood or a guest I like.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

That reality show show was hilarious from start to finish, maybe the best one yet.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

j8910 posted:

I actually liked that discussion. It does go on for a bit too long.

I liked that too, it sounds like Moore thinks OJ's son did it. But he was really just saying that the LAPD investigation was terrible, which it was, as per the results. Also voting space jam.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Jerkface posted:

IT CAN'T BE TRUE

This is going to suck :( I assume they just have side things to take care of.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Today I watched Fast 6, then came home and immediately listed to the HDTGM episode with Adam Scott about it. It was a pretty amazing 4 hours.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Todd Glass being on the newest improv 4 humans is kind of blowing my mind and I haven't even listened to it yet. Can he even hold it together long enough to do an improv scene?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

It's about this time that I would refresh itunes and see what my pals Hayes and Sean are up to. Recount the adventures in reality television for the previous week, have a chuckle, and come out feeling pretty good. That's all gone now, at least for two more weeks. But if you are like me, listen and think of the good times we've had. You are still in my heart RSS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO9duGVo7FY

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

LockHeart posted:

Just reached the halfway point in a Reality Show Show marathon to catch up. These chuckleheads are so infections in their fun. I love it.

Don't finish it before they come back, the pain will be too great.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

(Conduit and I are re-enacting an episode of the Todd Glass show, he covered the first preachy 20 mins)

Ok ok, what if I am a mattress salesman and you are a homeless guy just trying to get some sleep...wait no let's take a break.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I'm pretty sure I'll never love again.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Oh poo poo, Sharknado HDTGM with Scotty Auks. I was expecting a "prequel" episode. I normally don't like watching "bad" movies, but I may have to actually watch this one before I listen to the ep.

I...I am afraid to listen to it. There's nothing really that could be better. Also a new RSS just dropped, it's like Christmas.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Johnny Cockring, duh.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ronna and Beverly are great when they get a guest who will antagonize them and play along. I don't listen to them every week, but they really scratch an itch sometimes.

Excuse me

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

scary ghost dog posted:

Why don't they just leave them up?? This is bullshit

They don't want the video taking away from audio downloads so the videos aren't released until the week after the audio one drops. I mean, OBVIOUSLY if we saw the video we would immediately unsubscribe from the podcast and not download it anyway.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I won't lie, Sean and Hayes haven't seemed to be as committed to it since they came back, but it's still very enjoyable. I guess their numbers are low? But taking a month or two off kinda does that, most podcasts don't get popular until dozens of eps are in the bank, and I never saw them try to do any cross promotion or anything. RSS before their break was some of the funniest poo poo I've ever heard, so will be super bummed if they stop doing it :(

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Hi Jake, I just want you to know that you recognizing Jerry Seinfeld's voice on the Todd Glass show was one of my favorite things this year. Also don't go to FYAD it is a terrible place.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I don't know if I can listen to the new show and open myself up to a repeat of the heartbreak they just caused.

I'm just glad that nobody pulled the plug on the other podcasts I like when they they were starting out, and I will certainly be less enthusiastic now about new Earwolf podcasts.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Lapkus is adorable :allears:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

They will break your heart Beeeez

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The Berzerker posted:

I started listening to How Did This Get Made? last week and I have been binging to the point where I am neglecting other podcasts. So great.

It's awesome, I especially love the moment that happens almost every episode where June blows their minds with a theory or observation they hadn't thought of.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Besson posted:

Those numbers bum me out. I hope it doesn't include iTunes.

It doesn't, it's a very small slice, just good for looking at how they rank in listeners.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I pay Conduit to listen to podcasts I dislike in case something good happens on them, it's a fledgling industry.

(But for reals, I don't listen to WC any more because Howard really wore on me over time, love the Kulap though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Greggy posted:

Plus I would imagine they will get in on the earwolf advertising deals the other shows do.

Hmmm, how does Pardo feel about standing in line at the Post Office?