Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
PFT on twitter:

@PFTompkins: The @Spontaneanation podcast is real. Don’t get hung up on the April 1st release. April Fool’s pranks are BENEATH ME. #SPONTwPFT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Myq Kaplan also said on never not funny once that Boston doesn't have any Jewish people. It's the seventh most Jewish city in the U.S. and Massachusetts is the fifth most Jewish state

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Having posted that I acknowledge nobody cares but it bugged me like three years ago so there you go

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Periodiko posted:

I'm sure the title is just a provocative joke, it's supposed to be a comedy podcast, even though it's not actually ever funny???

Yeah, it's just very boring, I don't get what the appeal is supposed to be. I listened to the episode about whether the term "cargo cult" is racist and it was silly because neither knew what the word meant or how it was used, and Ti was even open about that, so they just kind of half-heartedly rambled about how it was racist because it was referencing primitive cultures being dumb or something.

Ti and PFT did the same thing about sprinkles being called 'jimmies' which for which there's a surprising amount of research about but instead they just went 'yeah sounds racist to me lets roll with it'

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I think it's also a show that builds on you. If you have a road trip or a flight or something listen to a few consecutive episodes and see if it grabs you

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

He looks like an entirely different goddamn person

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Zsinjeh posted:

it's been

a worthy uh

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

i don't get why they can't just have one "cut to" sound on spontaneanation. It'd save time explaining the concept and the three different things are basically interchangeable anyway

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

hey dolores

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

It was called Purr-Jury: Lion Under Oath

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

xbilkis posted:

Apparently Scott posted in the Earwolf forums that they're going to be producing a season 2 of Mike Detective for Howl at some point, so I now think this is the greatest idea of all time and will pay for it until I die

Welp there we go

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I thought the State stated at NYU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

hey maybe there should be a Hollywood handbook thread

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

rotinaj posted:

Okay, so, the app doesn't autopause if you disconnect headphones or change audio sources. It has a nasty habit of crashing if you leave it paused for too long. It also doesn't remember your place in any audio files if you come back to them later. It regularly fails to load information about archived episodes of things, which results in a loading screen you cannot get the app to close out of, and that lasts until the end of the podcast. It's not a very good app experience, so far. At least it exists, and I can use it, but... gently caress. I'm choosing to pay a subscription fee for this? I have better experiences with cheaper, one-and-done podcast apps.

(I realize that you can play premium streams without the thing, I had a preexisting WTF archives subscription)

sounds like a cool app that is also good

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Man, James Adomian is being real bitter and kinda not cool on Twitter about Larry David doing Bernie Sanders on SNL

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

I think he's just kind of frustrated at the amount of attention/praise Larry David's impression is getting when his own Bernie is really a lot better and has way more time put into it. Like he's been doing Bernie for months at his live shows/on podcasts/videos etc without really getting much recognition, and then the SNL debate video gets like 3 million views in a day

Yeah but I think he's failing to see that Larry David wasn't even doing an impression really; the joke was more "Larry David IS Bernie Sanders" moreso than "Larry David is doing an impression of Sanders"

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

UP AND ADAM posted:

Adomian rules and is right.

Adomian is great but that sketch would have resulted in a much different feel if he had played Bernie instead

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

he could take some hallelujah pronunciation lessons from jimmy pardo

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Who subscribes to NNF Player's Club? It's Kid Cudi's last day on the CBB TV show and I just read that he kicked Jamie Denbo of Ronna and Beverly off the set because he was offended by something she said while filming the A$AP Rocky episode.

Yeah she talked about that in an episode from September or October

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Maybe he was offended because ronna and beverly are boring one-note characters who aren't actually funny

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Story is about an hour and a half into her Players Club episode by the way

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I think they confuse "being able to do a pretty good impression of someone/a type" with "doing a funny character"

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Practical Demon posted:

uppity Latino immigrant

He's Puerto Rican ethnically, born in New York

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Practical Demon posted:

And his parents immigrated from Puerto Rico. I also may have been somewhat sarcastic in that post. Who knows!

You can't immigrate to the U.S. from Puerto Rico

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Downcast is great, there's literally nothing bad about it

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I think it's very odd that anyone would listen to NNF and not enjoy the loving around parts

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

It's a party conversation

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

God drat, i love I Was There Too but christ the most recent guest put me to sleep

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

e: Also, really enjoyed episode 1 of Beautiful Anonymous, but I'm afraid the other episodes aren't going to be as interesting based on the descriptions. Anyone listen to all of 'em?

#2 was great, been having a hard time getting through #3

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

The Berzerker posted:

the 3rd one was amazing.

huh. the illustrator?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

all is right again in the world

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

JethroMcB posted:

Beautiful/Anonymous will have a taping as well

Man thats kinda weird, right?

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Yakity nooo

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

I use Harry's and loved it so much i bought the factory! Now i am Harry

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

why can't a single podcast host pronounce antimicrobial

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

anotherone posted:

Haha, I was just catching up on Pistol Shrimps Radio and I specifically noticed that Matt Gourley gets it right every time.

True, that man is polished

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Hamil2000pounds

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

TenTwelveTwelve posted:

I'm from Michigan and can say that I liked the latest HH episode.

I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill em all!

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

"have a summah" and kremer's horrible voice can both go gently caress themselves forever imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

Darkman Fanpage posted:

All I know is that one shows up at your door in a box the size of a miniature refrigerator.