Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Speaking of Analyze Phish, :siren: BREAKING NEWS :siren:

@twittels posted:

Call in to Analyze Phish tomorrow (1:15pmPST)!!! Tell us what Phish songs I should play for @ScottAukerman to convert him. 347-514-9653

Scott has also posted about it - sounds like this will be a live recording.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Jun 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
And news from Twitter, Nathan Rabin will be the special guest this time around. He just released a book about travelling with Phish fans and Juggalos for two years and looking at how these close-knit fan communities operate, becoming a Phish and ICP fan in the process.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

escape artist posted:

I just don't see the appeal of adults painting their faces and showering themselves with soda and listening to objectively bad music. With Phish, at least, there's some good music and better drugs.

Beneath the greasepaint and theatrics is a message that speaks to people trying to eke out an existence in dilapidated Rust Belt towns, aware enough to realize they're in a pretty miserable poverty-stricken existence but not exactly in a position to lift themselves out of the mire.

Also, sounds like somebody hasn't heard about the Drug Bridge at the Gathering.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I didn't mind the call-in aspect of the new Analyze Phish, but I did hate how the system wasn't exactly running smoothly. There was enough of a delay between hosts and caller that every call inevitably degraded into a lot of talking over one another and "Oh sorry, go ahead," "No, no, what were you going to say" back-and-forths.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Teenage Fansub posted:

You'd be infuriated by the Chelsea Peretti podcast.

I love Chelsea, but I have been hesitant to give her podcast a shot. Sounds like I made the right choice.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The first movie I watched in anticipation of a HDTGM episode was "Stop or My Mom Will Shoot!" It was terrible, and I'm not entirely sure the payoff was worth it, but it was nice to later hear other people putting into words some of the things that bugged me during the movie ("He's got a flag on his wall with a picture of a marijuana leaf on it. That's how you know he's a bad guy.")

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Horatio is killing it as Sly Stallone in this Batman sketch.

Can't believe everyone in the room didn't break on "I'm improving, 'cause...I can't read."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
According to the ever-reliable Wikipedia, your current Honorary Mayor of Hollywood is none other than Zapp host Chip Gardner.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The "University of Phoenix College Radio" Rafflecast will never fail to make me laugh.

"...before that we had the Red Hot Chili Peppers with 'Abracabralifornia (Bingabong Burbank)..."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Beeez posted:

What did he say?

He says he was on a podcast recently with a more stand-up oriented comic who was cutting off his long-form improv stuff to inject his own quips. It's part of a longer, somewhat meandering rant about short-form vs. long-form improv that's pretty interesting.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Eltoasto posted:

It's awesome, I especially love the moment that happens almost every episode where June blows their minds with a theory or observation they hadn't thought of.

June saying she thought the villain in Halloween III was going to turn out to be "a leprechaun who...went bad" was bordering on self-parody. She threw that out there before they talked about practically anything else!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Hollis Brown posted:

I wonder if those are representative of the itunes #s? I have a feeling those make those numbers insignificant.

Yeah, I use the Soundcloud files to try out new series or listen to old favorite episodes at work. I'd guess (hope) that those are representative of the overall weekly subscriber bases.

I just recently started to check out Reality Show Show, way late after the fact, based on this thread's recommendations. You guys weren't kidding - they wrangled a good, consistently funny 15 minutes out of just the line "I have a BMW, a Porsche, a Monster Truck, a house and 30 companies! Suck my DICK!"

"He got the BMW, the Porsche, the house and the 30 companies and said, 'I need one more thing before this is a great soundbite.'"
"Something with 3 syllables - it can't just be a regular truck."

"It makes you wonder...What is he doing on this show?"

"CelebrityNetWorth lists him at $500,000...That's a lot, is that liquid? Probably not! It's tied up...in a Porsche, a Monster Truck, a BMW...A MURDERED OUT BMW..."

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Oct 31, 2013

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

erezaka posted:

What is ?

A series of Adult Swim specials created/written/produced by and starring Adam Scott. Every installment is presented as a behind the scenes look at Scott's ludicrously over-the-top attempts to create a shot-for-shot remake of an 80's TV title sequence, filled with cameos and bit parts from a lot of comedy talent.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Just a few days ago I described Hollywood Handbook to a friend as "A show predicated on the idea that it's funny to earnestly mispronounce celebrities' names."

I stand by that, and I like the show.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Oh my God.

So...Jerry Mahoney, August Lindt, Bill Carter, Hot Dog, Don Dimello, Chip Gardner, Dalton Wilcox, and...Andi Callahan? The one in the white coat is the only one I can't place. Maybe it's Cactus Tony? White snakeskin?

In any event, I bet I know how every episode ends.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Dec 5, 2013

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I couldn't take Trumpet Guy. I did enjoy Paul Rust nodding sagely when he abruptly began discussing his memory of 9/11, but Jesus, that segment was simply exploitation of a Crazy Person.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Ad on Hollywood Handbook today reveals that an "extended preview" of The Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project is coming next Monday, December 16th :)

But regular episodes don't start until February :(

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

I think they're holding it back so it premieres once Andy Daly's Comedy Central show finally premieres. Comedy Central has been known to hold back shows for a while so they can schedule like-minded blocks, but I thought it was cancelled given a full calendar year went by.

Yeah, they ordered it last March and filmed last fall, then pushed it off the schedule for an entire year. It's as good as cancelled out of the gate. Meanwhile Tosh got a three season order today.

gently caress Comedy Central.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Beeez posted:

So do we know when the next Andy Daly Podcast Pilot Project is released?

Tomorrow. It's a limited series, but it's still a weekly Thursday release.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

tnimark posted:

I do enjoy Hollywood Handbook, but when Dave Holmes brought up The Challenge my heart yearned for RSS.

I just finished listening to all of RSS for the first time over the weekend, and I was right there with you. They made it immensely fun to listen to recaps of reality shows that I have absolutely no familiarity with. I was very excited to hear about some new Challenge antics...but I was also worried that it might be too scary.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

"Yeah, the flat plane thingies are engines.

Suck a cock..."

I have a feeling it won't be long until I talk myself into buying those old SuperEgo episodes, now.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
If only they'd had a theme song ready for "Where Has Not The Pope Gone?"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

urk the quack posted:

Alright guys enough about how great the podcast was.

I'd like to get back to cooking, OK?

But those are good tips for cooking a boy.

(Best PFT break of the episode.)

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The second-run theater in my town started showing Her last week. I saw the poster when I was walking by the other day and immediately began laughing, because all I could think when I saw Joaquin Phoenix's face was "acting hoagie." Thanks, Hollywood Handbook.

thefncrow posted:

The best PFT break is on "They've got the place frozen in time from the day she didn't die on a boat".

Oh yeah, forgot about that one somehow. Easily the biggest laugh I've ever heard from PFT on mic.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
My first name would just be "rear end"?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"gently caress you! Die from gas."

I wondered how he would expand the Danny Mahoney character based on his brief appearances on the podcast and TV show, and I can honestly say I wasn't expecting the awful Southie basement party direction, but I love it. Everyone's energy is insane.

"Don't you fuckin' deny me three times, I am related to you Bertrand!"
"Did you just call yourself Jesus Christ?"
"I am very much like Jesus, in this story."

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 14, 2014

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Help Im Alive posted:

I would be totally ok with never hearing a listener call into a podcast ever again

Yeah, I tune in to hear comedians, not some blowjob from a loving flyover state.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Are we going to have to mount a donation campaign to save Zero Dollars Handbook :ohdear:

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The crowd response during the Limerick-off should be the entirety of Earwolf's next presentation to its sponsors. "Just listen - all those drunken voices? They know your brands. They know what you offer. They're literally crying out for us to mention you."

Great end to a great series. I hope they do another run, preferably before Andy Daly needs to plug the second season of Review.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

cams posted:

My theory is that it is a monumental, lifechanging experience and the reason Harris went to rehab.

It will be "a very special episode" of Analyze Phish.

I feel like that should have been episode 4, when Harris is listening to himself at the concert and saying "Who is this rear end in a top hat?"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

isnt that right posted:

But... but i just donated four dollars and twenty cents to them the other week. Surely that will right the ship. Right?

I also gave $4.20. I hope this can start a movement.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
HH should do a special "Talking about The Challenge" episode now that The Challenge is back on MTV. As we all know, appearing on The Challenge is the easiest way to write your own ticket in Hollywood, and I feel like Hayes and Sean may have a few things to say about it.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

GraPar posted:

Has anyone posted these yet? Someone made a bunch of pretty great posters for 'You Talkin' U2 To Me?' and some other Earwolf shows.

The "Talkin' About Money" one is my favorite, because it manages to work in literally every joke they made during that bit.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Podcasters reading out 1 star iTunes reviews is my fave thing.

I wish this was a recurring feature on every show.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Brock Samson posted:

The music Brett kept inserting under Harris/Howard in today's Whooch was just killing me.

That "Molly and Ecstasy are the same thing" PSA has been a long time coming. Thank you, Harris.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

This is a great day for America.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Oh man, this is golden.

I am hoping this guy whips up some posters for all the new segments introduced this week.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

tnimark posted:

Scott Aukerman þ@ScottAukerman ·2 mins
Would love! RT @Metro_Virus: @ScottAukerman Any chance of @MattGourley coming on to the podcast in the future to do his AMAZING H.R. Giger?

The lack of Hey, Really Giger on CBB makes me suffering.

I've listened to The Travel Bug all the way through at least half a dozen times now and it has yet to get old. An astoundingly solid hour and a half of comedy.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
After one listen, writing a Friggin' Amazing Spider-Man story has leaped into the pantheon of my favorite Hollywood Handbook moments, alongside "(Buzzer Sound)! Wrong" and Teen Pope.

"Often, Gewn Stefani is the prelude to a bigger celebrity."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Scott's unbridled fury at Eagles chat was quality comedy, uh, podcasting.

"Just because I like U2 doesn't mean I should have to listen to this poo poo!"