Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

A fun thing to do is look at the photos for the latest Fogelnest Files, I don't know if DocEvil is really tall or if Fogelnest is just some short weird looking guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Alright that latest Fogelnest Files is really hurting me, I can't help but see Jake Fogelnest in my head whenever he starts talking and now that I know what he looks like there's something that really annoys me about him. The whole show is just him taking a bunch of old clips and doing a spastic nerd rant after them, if he calmed down or let the guests do all the talking it would be such a better show.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

I'm not sure I can even finish this live Who Charted, just hearing Kremer is weird enough but seeing him too is freaking me out.

edit: He must live his life like this every day, this isn't even an act, every minute of his life Howard Kremer is Howard Kremer. I can't imagine what that must be like.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

COUNTIN THE BILLIES posted:

It's set to private?

:mad: Yeah Jeff, what the gently caress? It's been set to private for a few days and I want my Besser fix.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

God I hope Space Jam wins, I can't wait for two hours of them discussing how amazing the movie is and then half an hour of them singing and dancing to the theme song for the movie.

Seriously the song is already in my head just from reading Space Jam.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Here's the last I4H episode on Youtube finally if anyone hasn't seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUJMi04JcDg

Man I already listened to the audio version but the video is so dope seeing Ben Schwartz (what an angel) expressions on some of the jokes is amazing, can't wait until I see Lapkus react to the videos.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Fezz posted:

It was when the caller said that Manti T'eo got more poo poo from the media. And Gabrus said "What? For being an idiot".

Probably the best case closed segment. The caller trying to justify his calling Jason Collins a coward because he didn't come out sooner is pure grade bullshit and I'm glad Besser called him on it. It's too bad he couldn't actually defend his position of being a bigot.

I doubt he had much of a position of being a bigot, it didn't seem like he had any conviction or real care about what he was saying on twitter, just farting it out of his brain and putting it out there. That's a problem right there that people don't really think about things, they'll just go ahead and say something like "oh this gay guy coming out is a coward" without really thinking too hard about it or trying to see it in different perspectives.

Also that case closed segment was boss and makes me think much better of Besser.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

anotherone posted:

Jeff Ullrich "quit" for a month and he's writing a blog about it. He sounds stressed.

http://jeffullrich.com/

I can't blame him, running a business is fuckin hard. He must have been real busy what with Earwolf expanding and all this stuff.

Get well soon Jeff, if you still read these things, Earwolf rules!

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

GraPar posted:

Louis did the ASSSSCAT monologue at the Del Close marathon, which is pretty awesome.

And I4H with that cast is obviously great, Lapkus MVP as always - "Gwinch, get outta heaw!" Besser's impression in the last sketch also killing me.

Neil Campbell playing the "weird" kid was the highlight for me, Tim Meadows already set it up nicely with the weird voice part but then Campbell comes along and pulls that out of his bag.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Has anyone listened to the Who Charted with the A Band Called Death producers?

I just watched the documentary and it's a neat story but I'm almost afraid that the podcast will just be a kind of self masturbatory thing about how great the band and the movie is and so on, some of the documentary almost feels that way (you also get odd things like Frodo and Kid Rock talking in the documentary for whatever reason talking about how great the band is) with the way some of the interviews are cut.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

I thought Harris was bad enough by himself as far as being a fan of something is concerned but holy hell does having other Phish fans call in really make a convincing argument to never listen to Phish again.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

I started listening to some more of Analyze Phish (started from the start again since it's been a while) and got curious and stumbled upon them covering some bands.

Such as the Talking Heads, notably the song "Cities"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIo4idtG9bs

Why, why would they do this, who lets these people walk around free after this, there is no justice :cripes:

Here's the original if you haven't heard it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHs_o8qbND0

It's like they can't help but easy listeningify everything they do and just kinda slowly noodle around on their instruments, I don't understand how but somehow listening to Phish is at the same time almost alright and at the same time is so awful it makes me want to blow my brains out.

I watched a version of them covering "Born Under Punches" too where they just did a straight cover of the song but somehow sapped out all the life from the song, they just seem to have that effect of taking all the energy and emotion out of things, if I listen to Phish for long enough I get the feeling I'll slowly turn into some kind of stoner zombie, wandering around in a haze of granola and beach balls.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

I like how none of them can come up with a character with a crazier complaint than the deer crossing lady from the youtube video.

e: I have a pretty strong stomach but that vegan guy made me loving nauseous.

How could something that's just a man sitting down staring at a camera and talking be full of such horror.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Dammit.

Who were the guests?

An apparition and some dude riding off the coattails of his brother, the veteran from Studio 60.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Being able to see their faces while they're improvising makes such a difference, especially Lauren Lapkus making those weird faces while having to pretend to be in labour.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Besser was going off on some lady who was on Yo That's Racist by saying that the LA writers who are her friends aren't racist for writing racist stereotypes but it's us who are the real racists because we demand the stereotypes, something along those lines that was really dumb because writing racist stereotypes for cheap laughs is still just racist.

2BG is racist and always will be because the producer is an idiot who doesn't understand what sensitivity and not writing lazy representations is all about so to be fair it's not all on the writers.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Rafflecast rocks. Too bad it hasn't been updated in a while. Hopefully it's just a Kroll Show-related delay.

What is up with that Laffster live-show chat the Sklars have been promoting? I just checked it out and the top "tippers" get prizes. And you need to buy tokens with real money to tip the Sklars. So it's basically a cam show with two middle-aged Jewish men instead of a 19 year old girl with daddy issues and an inability to pay the rent?

"how much tip to talk about the bears bb"

That is going to be one helluva weird show.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Hey Jake.

Your show stinks :c00l:

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Listening back to that episode of Who Charted with Scott Aukerman when Armen Weitzman was filling in for Howard, Armen Weitzman is by far the best Comedy Bang Bang character to not appear on an episode of Comedy Bang Bang.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Puella Magissima posted:

Thanks guys, I'll listen to those.

Out of the shows that have weekly episodes that are longer than 20 minutes, they're way at the bottom now that Totally Laime is over. Even relatively lesser-known and random shows like Topics and Professor Blastoff have several times the listenership. It's astounding just how low their numbers are for what is easily one of the top five Earwolf podcasts imo.

Still doing a lot better than those old Earwolf podcasts like Glitter in the Garbage and The Apple Sisters.

I always wondered about those, they're just sitting there in the Earwolf shows list (now moved down to the bottom where they don't even have an image) and I don't think I've ever heard someone mention those podcasts before.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Armen Weitzman Who Charted episodes are definite necessary listenings.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Brock Samson posted:

armenweitzman.jpg

Rust and Weitzman did an episode of Who Charted together I believe.

Whole lot of nervous energy in that one.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Maybe it's supposed to be modern anti-comedy

The comedy stylings of Ashley Tisdale.

I am kind of confused as to how the top-billed performer on that show does not have a Wikipedia article, it's also a bit odd when Lauren Lapkus (no offense) has more legitimate credits than your lead.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Farg posted:

I want to get into this HH business, what are some of their best episodes, at least for a new listener?

The Comedy Bang Bang: The Movie episode of Comedy Bang Bang.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

a worthy uhh posted:

She does it.

The one that's a loving problem.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Do you have a magical phone where internet connection works in a subway? Or is never spotty? Or a sugardaddy who pays for all the data you use?

I'm kinda glad my iPhone 4S can't even run the new Howl app. Hopefully by the time I can upgrade in November, all the kinks will be worked out because I actually want to give Scotty 2 Hotty $5 a month.

Actually yes we do have cell reception in subways here now.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

n8r posted:

Has anyone tried to develop tech to allow podcasters to insert new ads into old EPs automatically? I would think that could be an option for supporting old content.

I imagine it's a real big cliff that the number of listeners to an episode drops off after the first few weeks, like movies and video games for the most part. Still would be interesting to see the actual data on it.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

n8r posted:

Yeah, but why put all that effort into the backlist element of the howl if they don't think there is value in it. The entire time they were stripping out the ads from the old EPs they could have been marking the locations for ad breaks and using some sort of a software solution to insert new ads. I am quite sure that smaller advertisers could be attracted to the old episodes, OR they could up their numbers for current advertisers by having the tech to insert the new ads.

Probably easier to sell Howl itself by having one of the features be "a back catalogue of many episodes" than sell advertisers on the low amount of listeners over the entire back catalogue. By that I mean it's probably easier to get people to pay 5 bucks a month to get The Entire Earwolf Back Catalogue even if they don't really listen to that many of the episodes, than sell the actual numbers to advertisers.

It's probably also a decent idea since advertising money kinda sucks and has a good probability of drying up or changing dramatically in the future. A few online publications have already closed their doors because their advertisers stopped caring about their numbers and just pulled out. Not necessarily even their numbers going down, just people not caring in general.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

It's a bugbear of mine because you hear it all the time and it's always wrong. Like people saying 'literally' incorrectly. This is a backslash - \ - it's almost never needed in day to day computer stuff. Whenever you hear people make up web addresses on the spot for a joke, they always say backslash. I have no idea why, maybe it's just fun to say? Like nails on a chalkboard.

You're a fuckin nerd.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

This thread is being pretty pants right now, let's swing it back to mustard.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

OSX error sound is my new favourite bit.

Ding.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

If it was any other production company they'd be out on the street but since it's Ear-

*Ding*

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

rotinaj posted:

Does Adomian's impression happen to include looking like Bernie Sanders? Because that's really the most important bit on an SNL impression.

That's why Fred Armisen did Obama all those years!

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Tarranon posted:

Every other time I listen to the interview in spont it's about gmos or gluten allergies

when did comedians turn into this, I hate it

Blame LA.

I did enjoy listening to the latest? Who Charted where the guest talks about how he wants NASA to be defunded and instead to feed all the poor people instead. When I listen to podcasts I want to hear political opinions that have not been well-thought out.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

I don't know why but the funniest part of that HH was them saying the big reveal in The Usual Suspects was that Kobayashi was a plate.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Can someone listen to Yo Is This Racist? and tell me why "Youtube makeup people" are apparently racist?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

piratepilates posted:

Can someone listen to Yo Is This Racist? and tell me why "Youtube makeup people" are apparently racist?

Hey guys I listened to an episode of Yo, Is This Racist?

The Youtube MakeUp People in question was an asian dude who did makeup to look like a black person. Andrew "Earwolf Boss" Ti and other guy decided that no it was not really racist in this case! It was not particularly good and I did not enjoy it that much! I hope this helps!!!

edit: well I paused it with a few minutes to go and now soundcloud won't let me resume it, so much for that

edit: nevermind, I had to close the dumb overlay it popped up, back to listening to the rest of it

edit: oh it's just 3 minutes of not show stuff, welp that was 10 minutes of Yo, Is This Racist?

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

UP AND ADAM posted:

Now do Denzel Washington is The Greatest Actor of All Time Period. I'm really curious what they talk about in that one.

That's not an Earwolf podcast so I won't give it the time of day!!!

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

The thing I don't get about Yo, Is This Racist? Is that I've never heard of any of the guests. I could see it interesting with someone like say Scott Aukerman or say...........Jon Gabrus on it, instead it's some random person who isn't very qualified to talk about racial issues and isn't funny enough to overcome it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Hackers is a masterpiece. It is over the top nutso and never not entertaining. I get the feeling listening to this episode that the gang thinks it's a bad movie because of the ridiculousness when that's exactly why it's such a great movie.