Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Glitterbomber posted:

After reading this thread rave about it I finally started listening to Improv4Humans. I've only listened to the newest episode but I was in stitches, thanks goons!

Save the Jessica St. Claire/Lennon Parham/Jason Mantzoukas episode for last, cause it's the best and will never be topped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Christ.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

"Someone tried to mail the Earth" might be the hardest I've laughed at anything on CBB this year. Scott's great at making the ads funny.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Uh, yeah, I don't see at all why you wouldn't.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

quote:

Disney buying Earwolf (podcasting’s perceived value to established media companies won’t take that kind of leap in one year, and we aren’t selling anyway!)

I guess Legendary buying Nerdist doesn't count?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I didn't think it was a snub at all, he doesn't seem like that kind of dude. I thought he either overlooked that or was selling Earwolf short. With all the stuff he's said Earwolf has done in the past year and was in the process of doing (especially the non-podcast production stuff) I wouldn't really say they were "light years" away from where Nerdist was when they got acquired by Legendary. Sure, Chris Hardwick is Chris Hardwick, but it's not like Earwolf's stable of TV/movie/internet celebrity hosts is anything to sneeze at.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

OMFG I CAN'T loving BELIEVE IT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

e: real talk I think this is more momentous than Barack Hussein Obamacare on WTF

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I haven't got to the actual interview yet but they said listening back to it they felt stupid/embarrassed sooooooooo I'M BASICALLY SURE IT'S AMAZING

e: spoilers they start the episode and don't introduce any of them. I have no loving idea who is talking when, except when the band members introduce each other. and they're playing along omg

e2: Well, 20 minutes into the interview and I remembered that I don't really give a gently caress about U2. But I'll leep listening

e3: I Love Films

e4: I wish Harris was alive to do a commentary episode on this episode. maybe with PFT.

e5: ok I like U2 now

indigi fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Aug 6, 2015

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

I'm pretty sure it was in reference to the photo from this episode: http://www.earwolf.com/episode/songs-of-innocence/

He's still a maniac, since they somehow figured out what Scott had for lunch the day prior, but that's a pretty awesome sense of humor, shows they either listen to the show or cared enough to get a ton of research done, and I think they all had a fantastic sense of humor about everything.

If nothing else, I hope they heard Harris' imitation of Thdge and Bonobos talking about - uh, I forget, but it winds up with Bonobos asking Thedge to suck his dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Also the lads reacted like fans of the podcast during the first I Love Films. That convinced me that they really listened to past episodes.

and then later on when they started talking about some movie Bono was like "isn't this your Films podcast"

gently caress I wish they'd asked Bono about mailing his hat