Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

That was hilarious. I think Scott may have felt legitimately wounded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Stupid question time. For someone who isn't huge into videogame culture and knows nothing about speedrunning, what was so funny about the thing Heather read? It kinda went over my head, although I guess the basic gist was that this guy was overthinking "Vroom"?

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Thanks for the explanation! And the link, too.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Still working my way through HH, came here to say "The Grease Knows Eggs Show with Jesse Thorn" might be the funniest podcast episode I've ever listened to. I had to pause halfway through because I was in danger of busting up too loud at work.

(now that I think about it, the CBB episode where Victor & Tiny play their podcast is also one of my favorites... disastrous podcasts-within-podcasts is a thing for me, I guess)

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

GoutPatrol posted:

I did not enjoy the Kevin and Yusong podcast because it was these people I've listened to for years get dunked on repeatable try and be main characters in their story. You people are plucky comic relief at best, stay in your lane.

Yeah this is why I'm not even going to bother listening. I sure as poo poo wouldn't listen to an Eliot Hochberg podcast. Some people are born to be punching bags.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

That is so much more awesome than what I thought it would be. I'm an instant Brushy One String fan.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I was a big Young Ones fan, but that didn't stop DDF from being absolutely terrible.

Heather Anne Campbell does that "I don't know anything about [pop culture thing] and I'm proud of it" thing that annoys me to death. You can say you don't know about football or reality TV without acting like you're so loving above it all. Sometimes she and Wiger bounce off each other well, but other times I really struggle with her personality.

...then again, I struggle a lot more with Spoon's personality but I would never want a Doughboys without him, so maybe this chemistry just needs a little more time to click.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Doughboys did it

https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/1042817371608539136?lang=en

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I love Andy Daly but I loving hate Sean Conroy

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Drunkboxer posted:

I really wonder what they were thinking with that booking. It seems like such a bad idea. If they wanted to do a terrible atari sex game they could have done that one I remember playing where you’re a giant wiener with a head and arms and you shoot peen pixels at advancing boob ladies.

"Beat 'em and Eat 'em"... they discuss it briefly

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

The Ape of Naples posted:

[a series of stupid posts]

Congrats on being the inevitable lovely SA take on this. I suspect this is a position you often find yourself in.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

nth the love for Neighborhood Listen, and PFT's monotone singing. And his delightfully absurd character name (or is "Burnt Meapayday" just a reference I'm not familiar with?)

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

JethroMcB posted:

It's "Millipede" with a jumble of accents thrown on it; it was the name of his character in the Between Two Ferns movie.

Ah hah, that's even funnier. I haven't gotten around to watching the movie yet.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

https://www.instagram.com/p/B98imHiAPsd/?igshid=1ilxpb4gifezf&fbclid=IwAR2RI7GYIJJEcbGnkma5xapNLN3Gt4RZxPv4WABomwKuJrJkNSs651AHL5g

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Double Threat is really great

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Yes, Brett is GREAT on Neighborhood Listen! I couldn't believe it.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Like Aukerman, I saw the "True Men Don't Kill Coyotes" video on some weird video show in the mid-80's (I wanna say "Night Flight" but who knows) and thought "hey, this is kinda cool and different". By the time of "Under the Bridge" and "Give It Away" I was like "oh god I hate them soooo much". So when they played "Coyotes" on the show, I again thought "yeah this is a good song".

Then they played everything else and yep, RHCP are loving terrible.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

PaRappa was robbed tho

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

JethroMcB posted:

I've been listening to 2019 episodes of Hollywood Handbook on The Ads Version feed and I swear the third season of Hello From the Magic Tavern has "just begun" for 9 months at this point

I just got through that stretch. I hate Arnie Niekamp's voice SO loving MUCH.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

They managed to make the Stitcher app EVEN WORSE. Can no longer sort my downloads by date, and fun bonus... pop up ads! loving hell.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I would love for them to do Prince. Aukerman's idea of doing just the WB years is a good one. His favorite song is "Batdance", they HAVE to do it.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

I just want to hear Scott Hasn't Seen, and maybe new eps of ADPPP, but I don't need archives or ad-free CBB. $70? No thanks. I hope they have some kind of a la carte plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Okay, Leo Karpartze is pushing me over the edge. Take my money, Aukerman, you got me.