Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Guys I'm afraid Sean is going to get murdered by someone from The Matrix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I'm not even all the way through it yet and this week's HH is already top five for me, Sean "chugging" water had me in tears. "It seems like it's hurting him..."

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I loved the heated debate about whether or not Sean should look up the Deadpool tweet, while he was looking it up.

Also June's sister Deanna is on HDTGM today and it's like having two Junes on the same podcast and I love it. People who have trouble distinguishing voices are gonna fuckin' hate it though.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Very special birthday episode of CBB today.

Illinois Smith posted:

Wild Horses are funny in any format.

Speaking of this, I didn't see it mentioned but Wild Horses are on the latest episode of Animals on HBO, playing dogs. I liked it, although it's just one segment and it's relatively short, I was kinda hoping the episode was about them. But check it out if Erin Whitehead making poop grunts is your thing.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Normally I hate when someone has to call in to a podcast, but Sean is better over the phone than most people are in-studio.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Not a big deal, but on the latest Who Charted PFT briefly addresses the Let Hayes Be Janet Varney "scandal." It's only a few seconds but it's PFT so you should listen anyway.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Mr. Squishy posted:

That's just Cody.

Y'know, the one who's a loving problem?

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Zsinjeh posted:

I just assumed he had a bowel thing

The vibe between Cody and his own butt is immediate.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Do you think Cody has seen Vibes?

Vibes?

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Just stick with Bad Lieutenant Sean's New Clothing and Toys.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Roman Sklar best Sklar, looks like there's a new MVP of Hollywood Handbook.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

The Ape of Naples posted:

I'm guessing that they pumped a bit of money into it and was hoping/assuming it would be a gateway drug to hook more Howl subscribers.

How is Pistol Shrimps Radio?

Very funny regardless of your interest in LA women's municipal basketball (although it's gotten me weirdly invested), especially if you like Superego at all. Them making up names for the refs because they never know their real ones is great ("Referee Taco Tuesday taking the field [Matt can't stop calling it a field]," "She is fouled and we know that because Sexy Ref made a squeak-squeak"), Jensen Karp does a halftime report about the Shrimps' socks as a weirdo foot fetishist character, and Matt keeps trying to get the listeners to mail Mark an anvil.

If you need an entry point, PFT has been a guest because OF COURSE HE HAS.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Good to hear Hayes and Sean doing a live show in front of an audience that actually seems to know/be into them.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Guess I'm a monster then because this was one of my favorites, I cannot get enough of them making fun of Cody, that stuff was topped for me only by Hayes making GBS threads on Brett by pointing out that he and Cody do basically the same thing.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Apparently Twitter decided the newest HDTGM guests should be a Pete Holmes/Cameron Esposito screamathon just in case you didn't already hate Twitter.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

JethroMcB posted:

I was going to say "I like Twitter and those guests so this isn't a problem" but now I'm 15 minutes in and Jesus Christ

This thing is two hours long?!

Yeah I don't think I made it much further than that, did it get any better?

I do like Pete even if he can get a lil' screamy sometimes, but it felt like if someone wasn't yelling at the top of their lungs it was only because Cameron had managed to completely derail. This is the second podcast appearance of hers I've bailed on lately, which is a bummer, I've usually liked her.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Ahahaha I'm not a big fan of Mike Lawrence but I figured hey, HH is so good that I'm sure I'll like this one just fine!

Hayes and Sean just spent about three minutes at the top of the show talking about how good Mike is, and how he clearly gets the show, and how he has instant chemistry with them, and that we should definitely listen and not turn it off, and now I'm kinda afraid to proceed for fear that we have another Pauly Shore incident here.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

padijun posted:

New Pistol Shrimps Radio: http://www.earwolf.com/episode/pistol-shrimps-42616/

Matt missed Japanese Star Wars sticker night AND someone finally shipped them an anvil

I missed Matt but Tallman did a good job as expected. I'm glad Mark didn't foist someone on us who actually knows the rules of basketball or some poo poo.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

EL BROMANCE posted:

That's the first shrimps one I've listened to. I've not worked out if they only know one players name, or if she's the only one who ever gets the ball yet.

Yeah if you mean Jesse Thomas she kept hitting the individual score limit last season, though it sounds like people have her number now and are all over her. Which is funny because on the Shrimps Instagram she looks to be about five feet tall.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
What I like about HH is it always teaches me something new. For instance, spiders is bugs, and insects is bugs too. And ticks is spiders, in a way, because of how much legs.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
So glad Rick Faber is back on the newest CBB live ep, is this the only other time he's been on the show?

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

padijun posted:

new pistol shrimps radio was good, lots of chat about sexy ref

and the most depressing picture of a mayor in history

Episode also features a player mooching seventeen dollars from Colin Hanks to pay off the refs, which sounds like a non sequitur but isn't.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Riptor posted:

why can't a single podcast host pronounce antimicrobial

"mischievous" also seems to come up a surprising amount and I wince every time someone fucks it up (100% so far)

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Woo new PSR and I am completely down with the way they chose to work around such a minor detail as the season being over.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I don't even listen to 4 Hour Work Week and Sean's riff on the host still ruined me.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
What the gently caress how did Amber Rose end up being the guest on Never Not Funny? I can't listen yet but I'm guessing it's either awesome or a train wreck, can anyone confirm?

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
So not directly Earwolf related, but for fans of the Pistol Shrimps, apparently Amanda Lund, Maria "Blasooch" Blasucci, and Craig Cackowski used to have a podcast called Trading Movies. Craig (a film snob) and Maria (a weirdo) make each other watch one of their favorite movies that the other hasn't seen, then argue about it, with Lund as the host/ref.

I dunno if I'm totally sold on it yet but early in episode two (Casablanca v Harriet the Spy) you find out that Maria - who is an adult - still pronounces Nickelodeon as "Nickeloneon," and really digs her heels in on it for a while before she's finally talked down. That alone has made the show worth my time so far. It also weirdly foreshadowed the completely insane "in a well" debate she would later have on James Bonding.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I like the music I4H eps and I consider myself lucky for it

Call ins are the worst though and ruin any podcast that has them, unless they are Vibes related

Andy? Vibes?

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm not sure if there'll be any more five four clothing ads on hollywood handbook

Yeah they had a good run. Also I like that they took a nice random shot at Loot Crate in the middle of it too, just to maximize the amount of apology e-mails they'd be sending later.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
It was really brave of Sean to admit that he doesn't really know what's going on with berginas.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Yeah I'd be interested to know what percentage of listeners actually end up hearing the ads. Maron, HDTGM, etc. may have a big audiences, but is anybody actually hearing those ads? The last time I heard a non-HH one was when I was doing the dishes and didn't want to bother yanking the gloves off.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Spraynard Kruger posted:

Hayes is on High and Mighty today.

During the plugs at the end he asks when the episode is coming out, because he might not be doing Hollywood Handbook anymore.

They told us to go into our local record stores and ask why they weren't playing HH but we didn't listen

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Lots of interesting facts about Brett on HH today, I had no idea he commuted so far to work.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
This show is funnier with no guest, the engineer on mic, and one host phoning in than basically any other podcast I listen to.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

beeman posted:

ye. it's my favourite podcast. it's amazing how entertaining they can be, even with no guest and little to no prepared material.

the episode where it's just sean by himself, gradually becoming more insane as it goes on is an all-time classic episode

The photos on the Earwolf page for that episode are just perfect.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I went back to re-listen and even the description for the Home Mart episode is great: "...then Gil Ozeri arrives to dish on his role in various police killings..."

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Yeah I'm listening to the Mary Holland one and enjoying it, although I like her in just about everything so who knows how I'll feel about the other episodes.

Also Gourley is in rare form on the latest PSR, dude had some licorice before the show and went completely off the rails, it's great.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Man, gently caress Josh

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Only semi-related, but Wild Horses was on The Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail last night and it was great (starts at 2:20).

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
"Stephanie [Allynne], you were on an episode of The League. Did that guy show any signs he hadn't really been involved in 9/11?" is one of my favorite Popcorn Gallery questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I would listen to a spinoff podcast where Hayes and Sean just poo poo on the engineers for an hour, the line about Cody's brain had me snort-laughing in public.