Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I wish they didn't immediately shift the setting from Hell to a Mall last season.
It was fine, but if there's any setting you can go crazy in, it's probably Hell.

I thought they pretty clearly had no ideas for Hell. I could see how there might be range, but if inspiration isn't striking best to jump off.

My favourite bit is when they break into high pitched tears about how their daddys don't love them. Crying laughing at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I thought Ayo was one of the best guests they've ever had. I didn't like the Shelby one, because i thought she didn't get it, but then, I was listening to it after having listened to one episode and working my way through the start, so maybe it was on me. Loved Ayo though. LOVED.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Nemo posted:

Lots of people half-watch things that their partners inflict on them, so I applaud this representation! A movie not being interesting enough to keep a disinterested person off their phone is a valid criticism to at least part of the audience.

Nicole and Lauren are funny and have good rapport. I’m not listening to learn whether I should check out the movie or not.

It seems a very odd vibe to go for, because the fans of the movies will be annoyed they're not being watched so at least the material is based in knowledge and the people who don't give a gently caress about the movies might not be that interested in half remembered notions about them. But if it works for them, good luck, I like them both.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Franchescanado posted:

Shaaaadooow Woo-ooolves.

ABZ is still the best Bang for your buck, alongside CBB World.

I had Doughboys for a year, then switched a few months ago to ABZ, it's a lot sharper in terms of talking about hollywood stuff or peoples reputations. Doughboys tend to just poo poo on celebrities they aren't connected to in some what, whereas ABZ tend to go two footed on whoever they think would be funny to talk poo poo about. I love it. I will go back to Doughboys sometime next year and hope none of all of them die so I can keep listening.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Laterite posted:

Been awhile since I regularly listened but to me the all time best HH was when they did a live ComicCon show and proceeded to eat absolute poo poo. Genuine, palpable pain expressed in podcast form.

That's the one I think 'I'll get my friends to listen to this, that will get them to like the show' then I listen to it myself beforehand and decide that maybe not everyone will like or could like everything.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Jokymi posted:

He was the Cinnamon Toast Crunch shrimp guy, and when that went viral a bunch of people that had worked with him before called him out for being abusive in the workplace and he deleted his account and never came back.

If Cinnamon Toast Crunch shrimp guy means nothing to you, consider yourself lucky.

If I'm remembering correctly, people were attending the show to get an exclusive Conan O'Brien Funco Pop. That's about the worst audience for a comedy show that I can imagine.

I was wondering, they've had Conan's assistant on a couple of times I think, I would love to hear them with Conan, listening to the show and talking to him about it.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Have to say, 500 seems to be the most accessible episode to me in ages in having someone famous, it obviously cracking them up, and making a virtue of how impenetrably stupid some of their stuff is. I think. anyway.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I sub to Sloppy Boys, Action Boyz and Doughboys, alternating between each one so a backlog of the patreon episdes can grow until I'm ready to cultivate. Now it's feeling like the Neighbourhood Listen might be coming up there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
It felt to me like Gabrus doesn't want to steamroll his friends but he's there to steamroll in CBB. Like that's the character.