Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

This game is really neat, are they gonna re-print things like A-Wing and TIE Interceptor? I'm not really interested in paying outrageous prices to have a complete set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Experts need to teach me how to fit my Falcon and Slave 1 bases inside my Plano.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Chomp8645 posted:

Why are they announcing it now if they won't be ready for several more months?

That's the way Fantasy Flight works. It gives them a long time to announce a delay.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I still haven't really played a real game yet and I will be entering into a tournament on May the 4th. I am sure I will get schooled by sperglords, but I want to fly my goddamn tiny spaceships :(

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I went on the official forums to get some info for my upcoming tournament list, and

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=254&efcid=6&efidt=804564

quote:

I can imagine that these prepainted models require a lot of work on the assembly line. So i wonder under which conditions these people in China have to work. As a customer i would like to see some kind of statement from FFG regarding their production in China. Do their contractors provide safe, healthy and humane labour enviroment for their employees? Do they pay a fair wage?

quote:

I believe they should paint faster, assemble them quicker, and get them on the boat ASAP :-)

And still get them to us for approx. $15 :-)

quote:

I bet those little Chinese kids are working their fingers to the bone trying to paint enough Interceptors to restock the shelves! You go little guys!

quote:

I'm sure they're working with all of the great benefits that totalitarian communism provides.

quote:

Who cares?

quote:

So while the conditions are deplorable these jobs are allowing these people to move up in the world and i see this as a good thing.

quote:

Honestly, I find this topic pretentious and hipocritical. I am all for worthy causes, but it is not FFG's responsibility to make working conditions in China (or whenever X-Wing is made) better. It is the responsibility of their government.

gamers :negative:

edit:

edit:

quote:

Dear FFG,

The popularity of this topic may give you the impression that a lot of people care about this issue. Well, I just wanted to let you know that I for one don't give a #%$& where you produce your miniatures and under what conditions. Keep the quality products coming at an affordable cost. I don't care about the rest.

Thank you!

kill every gamer.

alg fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 27, 2013

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I got to play 2 games yesterday finally :unsmith:

I didn't really think, not having played, that I would have trouble with collisions. But here we are.

I also didn't really know how badly a swarm of TIE fighters would destroy my precious starfighters

I really want to get some more practice games in this week. I want to play Rebels for the tournament I'm going to but I have no idea how to put a list together for them, 100 points seems so restrictive.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Nope, that was the first time. It's 27 miles from my place in Raleigh, so

alg
Mar 14, 2007

It was really nice. Just a...gigantic store. Can't believe how big it was. Some of the employees were douchebags. But it's not literally a warehouse in a murder zone with no lights in the parking lot anymore.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Are any queen city goons coming up to Raleigh this weekend for the regional?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I came in 3rd at my regional... out of 4 :negative:

I made a ton of mistakes and I'm a bad player, but there was another new guy there who also had some troubles who I beat with Lando / Biggs / Gold Squadron YW.

I got a cool patch to put on my bag, and dice bag, and some Focus tokens. It was a blast, and I found out where the XWM players play in my area, so I am happy I did it.

Also, really pumped for Kyle Katarn's ship. Not sure about the Lambda. Bomber and B-Wing look boss as heck.

edit:

alg fucked around with this message at 19:52 on May 4, 2013

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I kind of wish the Lambda were for both factions and it could be used as Tydirium with Chewie piloting and a special upgrade called Fly Casual.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Yawgmoft posted:

I was thinking about this today and, as terrible as the prequels are in general, I actually like a lot of the ships in them. Especially those proto x wings in three. I wouldn't mind having those, or Darth Maul's ship.

The Clone Wars had awesome ships, too. Old Y-Wings :allears:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4116

holy moly.

Some of these upgrades look amazing.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Does anyone ahve the VASSAL files for X-wing they could zip up and put on a shared space somewhere? Their site is down, and I want to do some Sunday Experiments.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

new preview for Lambda and HWK290:

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4193

Y-Wing options! :unsmith:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

The base set is $20 right now at Target. I have two already and thought about picking up another, what is wrong with me :shepicide:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

This makes me so mad:

Rebel ships are still too expensive. That shuttle better have only 3 maneuvers on its dial.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

New FAQ and tournament rules are out.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4258

Seems like just some clarifications, nothing really stood out to me.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I wouldn't except it's a common theme for Rebel ships to be over costed (besides the fact that the additional equipment slot is just another set of torpedoes).

alg
Mar 14, 2007

There are some people in my group who only play one side, and complain about the price of the game. These are the people who try to borrow Stealth Devices.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

So this change in the FAQ kind of shook things up at league tonight:

quote:

Q: If a ship is already overlapping an obstacle
or proximity mine token, does it suffer the
effects of that token when it executes its
next maneuver?

A: Possibly. When it executes its next maneuver, if
the maneuver template or the ship’s final position
overlap the token, the ship hits the token and suffers
the effects. Otherwise, the ship doesn’t suffer any of
the token’s effects because it was only overlapping
in its original position, and the original position is
ignored for obstacle and proximity mine tokens.

We ere playing that you could leave an asteroid you were sitting on with no effect. This is like a double whammy.

Edit: well, reading the old FAQ, we were playing wrong anyway

alg fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Jul 24, 2013

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Lots of new info. No release date :(

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4284

But

:stare:

alg fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Aug 5, 2013

alg
Mar 14, 2007

what the hell is that on the shuttle. can it stop? :stare:

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Not very happy about the large ships being introduced when there are so many starfighters left to add. I hope they are just for mission variants.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I just want 11 or 12 point Z-95s for Rebels :(

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Info on the big ships. Gonna print the gently caress out of some upgrade cards.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4312

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Cassa posted:

Got to get in a bunch of games today. Finding the sweet spot, points wise, sure can be a problem. Although watching 2x12 point and 2x13 point tie fighters just annihilate 2 y-wings was pretty great.

How do you guys decide a points limit? 100 just seems so far above and beyond what most of us can field that it's practically a joke.

100 Points is the perfect balance between having to make choices and still having a few ships on the table.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Picked up 2 of each small ship and 1 Lambda. Cost me about the same as a Corellian Corvette :)

Now to plan new storage for all this poo poo.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Is there a secret to getting the Lambda wings to go down like this:

Mine won't go down that far and I am afraid to break it.

edit: this thread seems to have the answer. http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1038612/lambda-shuttle-wings

alg fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Sep 16, 2013

alg
Mar 14, 2007

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4357

:/

repainted Interceptors with new pilots and upgrades :/

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah I just wish I had known about this before I bought the 2 Interceptors I already have. Ah well, now I can make a squad of 4 I suppose.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Swagger Dagger posted:

I'm probably going to end up with two boxes if they aren't too expensive. I want those cards and the red TIEs.

The site says 29 bucks.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

2 starters is a great choice. Being able to field at least 4 TIEs is great but 2 X-Wings is key. Being able to roll the correct number of dice and not having to share templates are icing on the cake.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Swagger Dagger posted:

I ended up getting shorted an HWK in my wave 3 order, but out of the wave that's the ship I least mind missing out on. If not for my completionist mindset, I probably wouldn't have bought one at all.

Gotta own a couple even if just for the blaster turret that can fit on the Y-Wing.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Madurai posted:

Wait, the Lambda's full stop maneuver is a red? What the hell?

An incredibly good maneuver. Of course it is red.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I like the dice a lot better. I've played opponents who used the app on their phones and it was a hassle bending over the table to read the screen every time. The FFG dice are really easy to read.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Fox of Stone posted:

So I found out a store only 30min from me does regionals and weekly tournaments ($3/5 buy-in and winner/2nd gets toys). They also host something called "OP events" that supposedly have prizes. What are those and what sorts of prizes are included? Promos? I really want a Jek Porkins and Lt. Kettch card someday. :3:

Probably game night kits like: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=4122

Porkins will probably be in the Medium Transport box.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

I know I don't need another X-Wing and don't really want to buy the Medium Transport model just to get Jek Porkins. But I'm sure FFG will trick me into it.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Finally got to play my new stuff. Tien Numb with the Autoblaster is beast as heck. Well worth the points. Combine him with Kyle Katarn, who proved a lot better than I thought he would be, for a nice little combo.

Hopefully later this week I can try the new Imperial ships. Wanna fire that Lambda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

quote:

Originally meant to have a blue color on the hull, this was abandoned when blue-screen filming made the fighters transparent. The original TIE/ln fighters seen in A New Hope were relatively white in color; the TIEs of The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi were more gray with a gradual bluish hue added during post-production.

That sounds like the shift to blue was intentional.

quote:

Initially given a blue color scheme, the TIE fighter models for the first Star Wars movie were grey to better film against a bluescreen; TIE fighters in the next two movies shifted back to being a muted blue.

• Locked thread