Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

WerrWaaa posted:

Yes, the ships are expensive. It seems like it matches up with most miniature games, though, where one plastic fig is easily $15 or more. The bigs ships coming out, the Falcon and Slave 1, will retail at $29.99 for the ship and tokens.

And yes, you will always wish you had one more die. It's infuriating.

Boo. This looks pretty rad but I remember reading in the board game thread that there are some real nagging issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

I got to play this last night! :neckbeard:

A guy from our warham group went to one of the Kessel Run events near us and placed 3ed, picking up an interceptor. I played him after my warham game last night using an X wing and a Y wing versus his interceptor, and two named TIE pilots. He put the hurt on my X wing but I blew up his interceptor in the first pass, after that we did some awesome dog fighting. I dropped another TIE but he wound up getting my X wing and got the Y wing down to one hull point. After that it was a crazy cat and mouse game, but I got lucky with my ion cannon(thank god for the turret) and kept him stunned through some nerve wracking dice rolls.

I am definitely picking this up.

e:

Casyl posted:

Amazon deal

Whelp, I just bought one of each. Hope I get that starter set for Christmas! :v:

Naramyth fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Dec 19, 2012

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

I got the core set for Xmas to go with the expansions I bought. :getin:

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

The Gate posted:

Same here! Now to get another core set and probably more expansions.

:frogc00l::respek::frogc00l:

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Poopy Palpy posted:

But it also has awesome upgrade cards you can use on other ships. :/

Speaking of upgrade cards, I noticed in the builder that Rebels can't take swarm tactics/team leader but I can't find a reason why in the book.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

The Gate posted:

They show as available for me on that page, maybe an old version got cached or something on you?

And that was the exact issue. :tipshat:

After playing around with that I think I want to grab another Y wing. a 2 ion Y wing with Wedge and another X Wing list would be pretty rad I think.

I played this over lunch with a co worker. I played a X wing/Y wing versus 2 ties and an advanced and we had a ball. It took a while to explain everything but once we got going the game was pretty intense. I think I got him sold on it. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

SERPUS posted:

Forgot to post this earlier! Final round of my Kessel Run tourney last month.

That is a pretty awesome shot.

• Locked thread