Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lighttigersoul
Mar 5, 2009

Sailor Scout Enoutner 5:
Moon Healing Escalation

jivjov posted:

That leaves Wedge, the only pilot in the Rebellion/New Republic to have gone up against both Death Stars and survived.

He's one of two, as I remember. His XO for Wraith Squadron also had two Death Star patches, if I remember right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lighttigersoul
Mar 5, 2009

Sailor Scout Enoutner 5:
Moon Healing Escalation
I'm going to have to find the books at some point, because I remember a character that was mentioned to be both not wedge, and wear two Death Star patches. It was definitely the X-Wing series, I just can't remember which one.

lighttigersoul
Mar 5, 2009

Sailor Scout Enoutner 5:
Moon Healing Escalation

SuperKlaus posted:

Do not do that. "Initiative" is bad in this game. It does two things: (1) makes your guy move first in pilot skill ties, (2) and makes your guy shoot first in pilot skill ties.

(1) is bad because moving later is better because you can more intelligently select your actions that way. I mean that's the whole reason high pilot skill makes you move later. It's meant to be a good thing, and it is, possibility of running into some jerk and losing your action(s) aside. You do not want to move first.

(2) is meaningless. There is a rule that if you are killed by someone who ties your pilot skill, you still get to shoot before dying! So for all real purposes you don't actually shoot first. In fact, if your "first shot" kills your equally-skilled victim, you could in corner cases be at a disadvantage, because you have now informed him that he is about to die and should take that proton shot he's considering or whatever!*

Do not sell your squad short for Initiative, ever. It is a horribly misnamed concept.

*well, if you crit the guy, he suffers the crit's effects. But I personally consider that a corner-case-good that only balances corner-case-bad. Initiative is still lousy and not worth precious squad points.

That sounds to me like it needs errata, since selling your squad short should only grant an advantage somewhere.

• Locked thread