Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived...
Argh, I'm on the window-ledge about to plunge into this game.

Is a second core set worth it? It seems like extra templates and tokens aren't so important, and extra dice can be had for pretty cheap. Getting three ships at a small discount is good, but they will have all duplicate cards.

Am I better off just buying an expansion or two, to get more variety? Do the stand-alone X-Wing and TIE expansions come with cards that are unique from the core set?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

Just by chance I was watching the 2012 GenCon demo video from TeamCovenant yesterday (I was using it to try and lure another friend of mine into the game...). In that demo, they are using Howlrunner, and the FFG rep actually said "her" once while talking about her. So she was "outed" two years ago!

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

MY MONEY :negative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrxO1t9wY10

FuSchnick
Jun 6, 2001

I laugh every time a random person walks through the background in a Star Wars costume. It also happened a few times in their 2012 demo video too.

My key takeaways:

• Cap ship movement carries a pretty decent sense of slow momentum.
  • Different colored dice are used as both a range mechanic and differentiating capability (can't be sure, but it seemed the red and blue dice had different results available)
  • No defense dice. Instead, there are a lot of damage mitigation mechanics. It looks like managing incoming damage is going to be a core gameplay element resulting in longer, more slugfesty battles.
  • Fighters look like they have more strategic potential that wasn't really mentioned much in the video. I predict they will be a lot more important when bomber/torpedo squadrons come into play.

• Locked thread