Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Forgive me if this has been answered (I'm working my way through the thread, up to p25 at the moment) but is there a go-to UK company for printing a vinyl mat that doesn't cost a fortune?

VVV Website is playing up at the moment, but that sounds just the ticket.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Aug 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Spamius posted:

I used https://www.printandroid.co.uk to do a 4ft x 3ft playmat - £20 with free delivery, (£16 for a 3x3). Just grab a decent space image online (http://hubblesite.org/gallery/), edit to suit and upload. End result was pretty good, decent to play on and a bargain compared to some of the mats available.

I'm probably being retarded, but what option did you choose? The only vinyl I can see is on their banner page, which doesn't seem to do 3x3 or 4x3. Will they do custom sizes if I ask?

Strobe posted:

I actually prefer felt mats. Unless you weigh down your ship templates with washers or sticky matting like you use in your kitchen cupboards the plastic really tends to slide around and make accurate maneuvers a pain in the rear end, and bumping even more so. Sometimes even worse than using a regular table surface. Felt mats snag edges every once in a while, but I consider that minor annoyance well worth being able to play the game without resorting to essentially guesswork.

I'm open to felt mats too, if they can be found for a decent price and if the image is of a good quality.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 6, 2014

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Spamius posted:

use the Instant Banner Printing Quote option on main page - select PVC Banner, Custom Size, then you get drop downs for height and width.

Ideally I'd like to get one of those neoprene mouse mat style gaming mats, but for the amount I play x-wing I couldn't justify spending extra - the PVC banner isn't the best surface to play on, but it's really no worse than my table and it was cheap and almost zero effort.

I was indeed being retarded, didn't notice the custom size option. £20 for 3x4 or £26 for 4x4 seems pretty reasonable. The mat suits me better than a painted board due to having bugger all space. At least the vinyl banner will roll up and be easier to store.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Does anyone in the UK know of anywhere with the Falcon in stock? Element were supposed to get stock yesterday, but their supplier didn't get any from FFG. Google shopping is only showing out of stock places, as far as I can see.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Caddrel posted:

drat, FFG website says reprint not until Q4 2014? http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_upcoming.asp
I thought there was a reprint coming out soon.

It's too bad, a nice part of X-Wing seemed to be that all ships were readily available at retail prices. That may not be possible as they spread production over the increased variety of ships.

It's ok, I found a Falcon in stock. And at a reasonable price too!

VVV Sadly I'm in the UK.

Lungboy fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 9, 2014

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Does the Tantive IV come with any must-have cards to make it a worthwhile purchase?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Arrgytehpirate posted:

We talked about this a page ago and I cracked and bought one. I have a cool new desk decoration and C3PO

I decided to go for a cheap Lambda and Phantom I found instead, as I don't currently have a Falcon due to the stock shortage in the UK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

The Gate posted:

Oh gently caress I am gonna be so broke shiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Corbeau posted:

Yeah, I'm sold. Urgh this is going to really, really hurt considering the pricing.

Have they said how much the starter box will cost?

• Locked thread